Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-30-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HoosierDaddy,

Nice meeting you over the weekend and tell Scotty thanks again for the dessert at the Elephant Bar (I think we all gained some serious pounds after that meal )

By the way, I suggested to Scotty that we do the pool side wrenching again, and next time we'll BBQ as well

See you guys next year!

Steve Wang
Old 09-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
HoosierDaddy,

Nice meeting you over the weekend and tell Scotty thanks again for the dessert at the Elephant Bar (I think we all gained some serious pounds after that meal )

By the way, I suggested to Scotty that we do the pool side wrenching again, and next time we'll BBQ as well

See you guys next year!

Steve Wang
It was great meeting you guys. Scotty appreciated that you took the time to sign his birthday card.

As far as the BBQ. That would be GREAT! we could make a night of it. I'll bring some goodies from Wisconsin. If
you think you gained some pounds from the dessert, wait until you get a taste of some of true Wisconsin brats!!!

We will try to keep in touch

Oh look at that..... it is 10am and 46 degrees here. DAMN I miss Cali.

See ya
Jeff
Old 09-30-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy
Enclosed is a picture of 1 of the cool things about the trip. The hotel brought some tables outside for us on friday night for our last minute preparations. With the help of our room lamps we sat out by the pool and thrashed. Ahhh 65 degrees, a pool and palm trees. LIFE WAS GOOD!!!
That's awesome, poolside wrenching, warm weather, and babes in bikinis lounging around. Well maybe not the babes, that looks like fun just so long as you don't wake up anybody like we did saturday morning.

What hotel did you guys stay at?
Old 09-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, i had a blast this past weekend...it was good close racing. I got 7th overall in mini wth some problems throughout the day, but i still had good time. The track is awsome...the tracks here in Canada are nothing compared to that track.

thanx,
hope 2 c u guys next year.

STeve
Old 09-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCInfinity
That's awesome, poolside wrenching, warm weather, and babes in bikinis lounging around. Well maybe not the babes, that looks like fun just so long as you don't wake up anybody like we did saturday morning.

What hotel did you guys stay at?
No babes and we didnt even have time to go to the ocean! Next time!

We were at the Holiday Inn on La Paz. The staff there were really helpful. when we got there we asked for a table and they brought us a banquet table to our room so we could wrench in there for the week nights. Then Dave in our party was thinking out loud about how cool it would be to pit outside in the nice weather. So we asked the front desk for a few tables and an extension cord. Within 10 minutes they had 3 tables and a 50 foot cord outside for us.

It sure was nice!!!

Below here are some of the trackside guys (and Scottys daughter Sarah) at Dromo 1

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 09-14-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Enclosed is a picture of 1 of the cool things about the trip. The hotel brought some tables outside for us on friday night for our last minute preparations. With the help of our room lamps we sat out by the pool and thrashed. Ahhh 65 degrees, a pool and palm trees. LIFE WAS GOOD!!!
That could be one of the best r/c pictures of all time. When it all gets as serious as it does that picture will remind me that it is all about the fun.

Very cool. Send to the mags!.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

more pictures more pictures!!!

Steve Wang
Old 09-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Steve Wang
Your wish is my command

Old 09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

No babes and we didnt even have time to go to the ocean! Next time!

We were at the Holiday Inn on La Paz. The staff there were really helpful. when we got there we asked for a table and they brought us a banquet table to our room so we could wrench in there for the week nights. Then Dave in our party was thinking out loud about how cool it would be to pit outside in the nice weather. So we asked the front desk for a few tables and an extension cord. Within 10 minutes they had 3 tables and a 50 foot cord outside for us.

It sure was nice!!!

Below here are some of the trackside guys (and Scottys daughter Sarah) at Dromo 1
Wow, you guys look like real drivers. Fire suits and helmets! Was there intercom units in the head gear as well? Sounds like you guys made a real vacation out of this trip. I hope you had your fair share of tofu burgers and fat free fries. I figured you don't get much of it out in bratwurst land.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Boy-Oh-Boy do I love Tamiya. What a great weekend. Close racing and lots of smiles. Only saw a few unhappy campers, but that's bound to happen. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, I'm just trying to be like my hero Scotty some day. I had a GREAT time all weekend. The racers made it a great weekend just as much as the Tamiya Staff did.

I had never seen all that goes on at a Tamiya Event, and must say, I am quite impressed. Tons and tons of free stuff to give away, and even a free spectator raffle.

To anyone who didn't get the race announcer attention you should have, I'm sorry. There were a few of you I know. Sorry I missed the Dromo Saturday, I could've waxed you guys. I had a great time with everyone. Even you cooler wielding goofballs from Wisconsin…….

Of course, congrats to all the winners!!

Thanks
Charlie
Old 09-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Steve Wang

Scotty and MoshMike

Were they discussing race set up?
or
That Scotty beat him in go karts?

Old 09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, you guys look like real drivers. Fire suits and helmets! Was there intercom units in the head gear as well? Sounds like you guys made a real vacation out of this trip. I hope you had your fair share of tofu burgers and fat free fries. I figured you don't get much of it out in bratwurst land.
Screw the tofu and fat free anything! We ate at In and Out five times and finished off the weekend with a huge diner at the Claimjumper in Laguna Hills! I wish we had an In and OUt!
I had an awesome time out there this past week. I didn't want to win so we can come back next year! RRIIGGHHTT! Dromo 1 party next year!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Hoosierdaddy,

Thanks for the pics! And hope Scotty had a happy birthday

Steve Wang
Old 09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like you guys made a real vacation out of this trip. I hope you had your fair share of tofu burgers and fat free fries. I figured you don't get much of it out in bratwurst land.
Yea we tried to have as much fun as 5 days would allow. Considering we had a minor along (Scotty's daughter) We had a ton of good clean fun!!!

As far as the fine cuisine out there in Cali, we went to some good restaurants (the Elephant Bar and Claim Jumpers and let's not forget Del Taco for breakfast burritos!!!)

I think that "In and Out" burgers and fries should be outlawed because they are more addictive than crack!!! I dont know why they havent opened up here in the mid-west, because they would go through the roof!!!! I think we had enough grease to last us until next year.

Cant wait to see you all next year (now , if I only knew how to break that bit of information to my wife)
Old 09-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

.....I think that "In and Out" burgers and fries should be outlawed because they are more addictive than crack!!! I dont know why they havent opened up here in the mid-west, because they would go through the roof!!!! I think we had enough grease to last us until next year.

haha... In-n-Out is the best, indeed...But you guys do have WhiteCastles, dont you?...being from St.Louis originally, i still crave a half dozen, now and then...haven't had any for over 10 years, but the urge is still there...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.