Tech Regular

Gary,
Great your coming!!!!this is going to be a blast
cya
m.masters
Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think I posted earlier that I will not be attending due to baby on the way. Even if this wasnt the case it would be difficult to pull off due to other circumstances. It bums me out that 201 is dead, it seems like just as I start to have success with a car they bring out a new one( although I have yet to see a new F1) I understand the business implications with running a class that has no following, but is TCS really TCS with no F1! I would go on a limb and say that TCS was born from F1. I run sedan as well and I probably would run GT2 at nats ( really like the spec motors and battery rules), but the whole tire issue bugs me, that being having to buy 6 or 7 sets of tires to even think about being competitive. Before everyone jumps on and says "dont like it dont race", I know there are costs associated with racing, and I assume those costs. But going through a set of tires every run or two is out of control. National event or not to me it goes beyond the intentions and concept of TCS. I wish I were racing, this will be the 2nd year in a row I am unable to attend and tires or not I always have some kind of fun at the nats. So to all that will be there good luck and I will keep an eye on the forums just in case the pot needs to be stirred.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Which 23t motor will we run at TCS?

Will it be the RR or the RZ?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I think I posted earlier that I will not be attending due to baby on the way. Even if this wasnt the case it would be difficult to pull off due to other circumstances. It bums me out that 201 is dead, it seems like just as I start to have success with a car they bring out a new one( although I have yet to see a new F1) I understand the business implications with running a class that has no following, but is TCS really TCS with no F1! I would go on a limb and say that TCS was born from F1. I run sedan as well and I probably would run GT2 at nats ( really like the spec motors and battery rules), but the whole tire issue bugs me, that being having to buy 6 or 7 sets of tires to even think about being competitive. Before everyone jumps on and says "dont like it dont race", I know there are costs associated with racing, and I assume those costs. But going through a set of tires every run or two is out of control. National event or not to me it goes beyond the intentions and concept of TCS. I wish I were racing, this will be the 2nd year in a row I am unable to attend and tires or not I always have some kind of fun at the nats. So to all that will be there good luck and I will keep an eye on the forums just in case the pot needs to be stirred.

I echo your sentiments exactly.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Crap I thought we were gonna have a year off Gary....Join our group for dinner at least one of the nights. What day you coming in?
Very funny CP, very funny. I get in on the 14th, staying the whole week. this is going to be a real vacation for me, no stressing this year with a b*tch calling every 15 minutes on my cell phone giving me a hard time. Oh, I don't miss her at all!

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Good to hear you'll be joining us, Gary! I'm sure Doc will be stocking up on LW Suspension parts for you. Oh wait, he's only packing the mini!
Originally Posted by rccardr
Gigantic box of LW suspension parts for Gary (check)
I may not need LW parts Smarta$$es
Old 07-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

I agree to your thoughts exactly! However, I will limit myself to 1 set of tires for the entire weekend. I did it last year and had a great time, I think my car has no power to burn up tires.
wn
Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think I posted earlier that I will not be attending due to baby on the way.

but is TCS really TCS with no F1!

I run sedan as well and I probably would run GT2 at nats ( really like the spec motors and battery rules), but the whole tire issue bugs me, that being having to buy 6 or 7 sets of tires to even think about being competitive.
Hey Congrats!

I think TCS with no F1 will be sorta an empty place. I liked the variety, even though I never ran it at the nats.

I would be in favor of tire controls at the Nats, like they do with the Nascar Busch series. 3 Sets and thats it. I am a fan of cost control.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=BP SHADOW]I think I posted earlier that I will not be attending due to baby on the way. [QUOTE]

What sort of Devil's spawn are you unleashing on the world?!?!?! Can I suggest Fook You or Fook Mi for the name if it's a girl? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA

Seriously, congrats. Your life will never be the same, and I mean that in a good way.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default just wanted to say

Trading dirt for F201 doesn't seem right. Even without a free ticket to Japan for the winner the class would of filled out.

One way or another, everybody had an opinion about the F201, . My first impression of the flexible bottom chassis plate... but when assembled, it was more than stiff enough.

F1 action at the finals was always great. Remember Senna's Honda F1 car sitting trackside? And the on-track action from the two wheel races up through the David Jun and Barry Baker battle. Those 14-turn powered shaft drive F201's with only two gear choices did more laps in 5 minutes than the 10-turn GT1 class sedans that year. Yes, it was that good.

It should just be a matter of time before the next car. Hopefully they will do more than just two or three F1's. Like before, they should bring out F1, CART, Indy, and F3000 bodies. Maybe even a GP2 car. I think a the new bright yellow DHL-Penske-Porsche LeMans car would sell well and be an instant classic.

just my two cents worth, because I won't be there either.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by F1Jet
F1 action at the finals was always great. Remember Senna's Honda F1 car sitting trackside? And the on-track action from the two wheel races up through the David Jun and Barry Baker battle. Those 14-turn powered shaft drive F201's with only two gear choices did more laps in 5 minutes than the 10-turn GT1 class sedans that year. Yes, it was that good.
But don't forget that Barry, Dave, and everyone else tore those cars down to the bare chassis after each run to rebuild the drivetrain and the rest of the car? It wasn't just that it had a flexible chassis....

They were a ton of work....
Didn't handle realistically....
Only used stick packs...
Over heated the motors...
They were fragile...
The tires didn't hook up well and didn't last long...
The drivelines were weak...
The suspension was complicated to setup...

Just to name a few things. I for one am GLAD to see the F201 is dead. May it be forgotten and let us move one with a real 2wd F1 chassis in the near future.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

F201 racing was awesome. I really enjoyed driving them. My biggest and only disspointment is that Tamiya didn't make a TRF version that was more race worthy. Having to keep replacing chassis that had melted and tweaked from heat was a pain. I think the class would really have taken off otherwise.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

It didn't take off in 4 years....how much longer should we have waited?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We waited for the updated kit that never came. I stopped waiting a long time ago. If it was gonna come, it would have. I thought it was a good idea that needed to go to the next level for racers. Let's face it...the first car was an entry level toy. Racers wanted to race it because it was really cool to see on the track, it handled well, and made for really good racing, but all the problems you mentioned earlier killed it.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Has Fred lost his mind!!!!!!! the F201 is more fun and harder to drive than any of the other classes. the tuned chassis kit was joke, I have more tamiya hopus then that kit had. if we were allowed to open up the battery area to take regular 6 cell packs maybe we would get more people. just a thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.