Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
{and i hope it's your wife}
ding, ding, ding, ding... you win the prize behind door #1...

Actually I don't know what to be excited for on this trip sooo many things.
I think with the mini class, black canned motors and the seemingly stacked field, that might be the highlight of the event!

Jeff
Old 06-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Lets hope so
I hope i can make the car run
What day ae you getting there??
mike
Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

what's agood insert for b3's I know the old proline were good but good luck finding them any thought? fyi if the weather stays the same all week it sould be pretty warm in Fremont next week.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
Lets hope so
I hope i can make the car run
What day ae you getting there??
mike
Were lookin at the 11th. . .
Looking forward to being a tourist. . . before speedweek!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by byron.s
what's agood insert for b3's I know the old proline were good but good luck finding them any thought? fyi if the weather stays the same all week it sould be pretty warm in Fremont next week.
Wow pretty quiet here....

It depends on power. Usually with mabuchi I have had good luck with tamiya black inserts. When I goto 27t or 19t I usually like HPIs. In the morning run yellows, noon run reds and if the back end gets really loose like later afternoons I might run reds front and yellows back.
Oranges can be a good in-between compound greens in front if there is wayy too much front bite. Usually you can get by with yellows and reds.

So who is going to be the TCS Fremont reporter?
Good luck to all the TCS maniacs....

Jeff
Old 06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Wow pretty quiet here....

It depends on power. Usually with mabuchi I have had good luck with tamiya black inserts. When I goto 27t or 19t I usually like HPIs. In the morning run yellows, noon run reds and if the back end gets really loose like later afternoons I might run reds front and yellows back.
Oranges can be a good in-between compound greens in front if there is wayy too much front bite. Usually you can get by with yellows and reds.

So who is going to be the TCS Fremont reporter?
Good luck to all the TCS maniacs....

Jeff
Why do you guys call it Mabuchi? the Mabuchi motors were horrible. And any of the good motors I ever had were Johnsons. But they are all Silver Cans.Just wondering. Gary and Lim call them Mabuchis, and I just don't understand why.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Why do you guys call it Mabuchi? the Mabuchi motors were horrible. And any of the good motors I ever had were Johnsons. But they are all Silver Cans.Just wondering. Gary and Lim call them Mabuchis, and I just don't understand why.
Is it Tam-eye-a or Tam-eee-a.

There is much debate on the subject my friends pronounce it both ways. Is it wrong, is it right, mostly a label and I know what they are talking about, either way regardless.

As far as the motors go both are available. I am happier saying Mabuchi more than Johnson. Johnson well... has some overtones. Maybe the Japanese translation for Johnson = Mabuchi, with the same over tones...

And finally maybe it is a way we can create misinformation about the subject forcing guys to buy Mabuchis when they hear the faster guys only talk about that motor. So yes I run Mabuchis. . . wink. . .wink . .
Old 06-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

There is much debate on the subject my friends pronounce it both ways. Is it wrong, is it right, mostly a label and I know what they are talking about, either way regardless.

As far as the motors go both are available. I am happier saying Mabuchi more than Johnson. Johnson well... has some overtones. Maybe the Japanese translation for Johnson = Mabuchi, with the same over tones...

And finally maybe it is a way we can create misinformation about the subject forcing guys to buy Mabuchis when they hear the faster guys only talk about that motor. So yes I run Mabuchis. . . wink. . .wink . .
Ahhh I see.
I cal them silver cans But I get what you are doing!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Usually I go by mabuchi or silvercanned.

Although Mabuchi is more fun to say.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Alot of guys have had great performance from the mabuchi's. The difference between the two is a different manufactor I think. I always call them mabuchi's or silver cans. Tamiya is correctly pronounced Tam-eee-a. I was told this buy someone I know who visited the japan head quarters. Either motor in them or how it is pronounced. Tamiya products are alot of fun & so is the tcs.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TA05 spool and 415

Hello,

Does anyone know if the TA05 spool outdrives are legal to use on the 415 for GT1 TCS racing? I broke all my delrin ones and have been using the 05 ones with good results. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alang
Hello,

Does anyone know if the TA05 spool outdrives are legal to use on the 415 for GT1 TCS racing? I broke all my delrin ones and have been using the 05 ones with good results. Thanks.
I dont see why not , you can use 415 parts on the TA05
Old 06-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is it Tam-eye-a or Tam-eee-a? You can give Tamiya USA a call and listen to how they answer the phone, that'll probably give you the correct pronounciation I pronounce it Tam-eee-a, but I think really either way is fine...

Steve Wang
Old 06-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
is it Tam-eye-a or Tam-eee-a? You can give Tamiya USA a call and listen to how they answer the phone, that'll probably give you the correct pronounciation I pronounce it Tam-eee-a, but I think really either way is fine...

Steve Wang
Thanks Steve
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpeedTech

Steve Wang
I have been in the Tam-eee-a generation, which should not effect my past and present Speedtech orders...

did I mention I stayed at a holiday inn express. . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.