Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
you, troy, deven (2005 champ)... doc... and other fast mini guys.. OOOOO i wanna see that race

Hebiki YGPM
Old 06-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dyaz21
Hebiki YGPM
PM back.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
We were talkin GT2. . .

The rules state

"1. Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified here."

(Insert rules 2 thru 16 here)

"17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal."

I never ran into discontinued vehicles wanting to race. You might want to call 1-800-TAM-IYAA and speak to Fred or Gary. I would think no but if it is not a performance gain and parts are not available, it might be possible. . .
Yea, the part that I found to fit was actually for another Tamiya car but not from the same family. I lost one of my TB EVo II suspension mount block and I went everywhere to look for the replacement and the actual part was discountinued on tamiyausa.com site. Dinball and Walawalashop nor ebay has them either so I'm stuck. Until I saw the part number was closely related to 414M/M2's suspension mount block and apart from its look, one being nicely sculptured (EVO II) and one is just a block (414M/M2), they are both exactly the same and fit the same in between EVO II's bulkheads (in fact 414M got an indentation to make sure it fits between the two).

I might have to call them up today just to see what they say about it...

Thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fabolousRC
Yea, the part that I found to fit was actually for another Tamiya car but not from the same family. I lost one of my TB EVo II suspension mount block and I went everywhere to look for the replacement and the actual part was discountinued on tamiyausa.com site. Dinball and Walawalashop nor ebay has them either so I'm stuck. Until I saw the part number was closely related to 414M/M2's suspension mount block and apart from its look, one being nicely sculptured (EVO II) and one is just a block (414M/M2), they are both exactly the same and fit the same in between EVO II's bulkheads (in fact 414M got an indentation to make sure it fits between the two).

I might have to call them up today just to see what they say about it...

Thanks guys.
I am pretty sure suspension blocks are ok. Most of the newer cars share the same blocks. The TA05 did not come with alum blocks but the ones that are out there can be used. If you had to re-engineer the chassis, arms or gearbox to make them work then that could be another story. . .

Still it does not hurt to double check. . .
Old 06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Kevin, what is the part # on the lightweight skyline.
The 2001 Calsonic or the 2004 Xanavi ?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I am pretty sure suspension blocks are ok. Most of the newer cars share the same blocks. The TA05 did not come with alum blocks but the ones that are out there can be used. If you had to re-engineer the chassis, arms or gearbox to make them work then that could be another story. . .

Still it does not hurt to double check. . .
well...I did my homework and it turned out that:
1. Original TB EVO does not have suspension blocks at all.
2. newer TB EVO models past EVO II have a higher suspension mount level (which puts the car lower to the ground pressumably) and this is true for TB EVO III/IIIS/IV/IVMS. I haven't check anything on EVO V because it is still very new.
3. You can only put the 414M/M2 blocks at the front of the front bulkheads and at the rear of the rear bulkheads. The reason is that on the inner side there is the bevel gear mount sticking out. If my wish came true, I still have a 0.5 degree 414M/M2 that maybe I can use because I think that would be hitting the "loophole" subject. Hopefully I can do test run by next Tuesday night race @RC Tech in DC.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Was wondering if anyone had any tire and foam suggestions for an M03 at the TCS Laurel race. I have never raced on the Laurel track and really have no clue as to what tire works best there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Probably wont have any good horsepower anyway but would like to be somewhere close on the handle.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pretty much any of the upgrade 60D tires (M-Grip, S-Grip, Type A) will work just fine as long as you don't put too much insert in there. Any of the Tamiya foam inserts should work for you. Conservative setup would be S-Grips all around with 60D foam in the back and hard foam in the front, then adjust with springs.
Later
Doc
Old 06-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Has anyone heard if they are going to modify the battery rule to allow 4200s this year? Last year I believe the updated the rules late for the 3700/3800s. Will they do the same this year for 4200s? I'm sure LiPo's are still out.

I'm about to buy a few freshies and want to know if I should stick with 3800s.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Pretty much any of the upgrade 60D tires (M-Grip, S-Grip, Type A) will work just fine as long as you don't put too much insert in there. Any of the Tamiya foam inserts should work for you. Conservative setup would be S-Grips all around with 60D foam in the back and hard foam in the front, then adjust with springs.
Later
Doc
Hey Doc,

What is your TCS schedule for the rest of the summer?

Jeff
Old 06-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff- Everything but Fremont, because our family will be at the beach that weekend. Laurel on July 9th, then Aliso on the 23rd, then the Nats in August.
Later
Doc
Old 06-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Jeff- Everything but Fremont, because our family will be at the beach that weekend. Laurel on July 9th, then Aliso on the 23rd, then the Nats in August.
Later
Doc
Doc

so i wont need to bring my ez-up to fremont? let me know. i have extra gear for you. (ez-up, table and chair)

- chris
Old 06-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Chris- Nope, not Fremont. I definitely will not be there. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Aliso next month, though
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Later
Doc
awesome! ! !

are you sticking with the GT3 & mini force or dabbling with something different (don't say gt1, don't say gt1... )

what beach are you hanging out at?

jeff
Old 06-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff-
Learned my lesson, and am sticking with GT3 and Mini for the last two regionals. Will do Mini for the Nats, which could be a hoot if Masters & Crabtree & Devin & Weir all show up...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.