Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
  #3301  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
The carrera is a great body if the wing is added to it.
That was my thought exactly. It looks like what I want.
Let the testing begin
A-Ko is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 12:13 AM
  #3302  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
fabolousRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Jakarta...lah
Posts: 933
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Jeff, there has been 3 different people I know that have talked to Fred on this matter, And all 3 have the exact same answer.
The carrera is a great body if the wing is added to it.
You mean the TL01 Carrera? or the TA01/TA02 911 GT2s or the Carrera GT?
fabolousRC is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
  #3303  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by fabolousRC
You mean the TL01 Carrera? or the TA01/TA02 911 GT2s or the Carrera GT?
TB02 Carrera GT
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
  #3304  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
TB02 Carrera GT
Great. Now another body I need to paint before Fremont.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
  #3305  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Great. Now another body I need to paint before Fremont.
HURRY!
A-Ko is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 08:47 PM
  #3306  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Great. Now another body I need to paint before Fremont.
Git-R-Done
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM
  #3307  
Tech Addict
 
Mr. Postman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ...at the BMEU!
Posts: 743
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Great. Now another body I need to paint before Fremont.
Why? You did up a couple of them for me last year. I ran one at the Nats last year.

The (ever confusing) question about the GT-2 (nats) body rule is, isn't the Carrera (and the 350Z also),a two-seat sports car (like the NSX and the 360)?

Tc
Mr. Postman is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
  #3308  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Git-R-Done
Do you think the will let me paint on the plane ? Hey, I got 16 hours to kill 1-way. Heck, I'm just trying to finish the Lightweight Skyline at work on lunch hours.

TC - but those are green cars. You know I can only run blue cars...
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
  #3309  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Do you think the will let me paint on the plane ? Hey, I got 16 hours to kill 1-way. Heck, I'm just trying to finish the Lightweight Skyline at work on lunch hours.

TC - but those are green cars. You know I can only run blue cars...
Kevin, what is the part # on the lightweight skyline.
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 06:02 AM
  #3310  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr_postman
The (ever confusing) question about the GT-2 (nats) body rule is, isn't the Carrera (and the 350Z also),a two-seat sports car (like the NSX and the 360)?

Tc

Everybodys confused well except for FMW. . .

GT2 is just eliminating the commonest bodies . . .
A-Ko is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
  #3311  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
minidriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Mills, WI
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me if Troy Crabtree posts on rctech, and if so, what's his posting name?


Troy, if you're out there: If TCS Nationals 3rd Japan winning class is Mini's this year, as rumored, do you plan to run it again? On one hand, it could be one hell of a race, with 2003 (me), 2004 (you) and 2005 pent up TCS Nationals winners who didn't get to go to Japan duking it out (along with all the other new talent), but on the other hand I am already set up to give a run at GT1 (tires purchased, etc) and haven't been runing mini weekly (at Trackside) or at regionals for some time now. I'm also not sure if I want to run the same class as my 14 year old son, who will definitely be running Mini at Nationals.
minidriver is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 11:24 AM
  #3312  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minidriver
Can anyone tell me if Troy Crabtree posts on rctech, and if so, what's his posting name?


Troy, if you're out there: If TCS Nationals 3rd Japan winning class is Mini's this year, as rumored, do you plan to run it again? On one hand, it could be one hell of a race, with 2003 (me), 2004 (you) and 2005 pent up TCS Nationals winners who didn't get to go to Japan duking it out (along with all the other new talent), but on the other hand I am already set up to give a run at GT1 (tires purchased, etc) and haven't been runing mini weekly (at Trackside) or at regionals for some time now. I'm also not sure if I want to run the same class as my 14 year old son, who will definitely be running Mini at Nationals.
That would Be The One And Only: tamiyarcracer
C_O_jones is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 12:11 PM
  #3313  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
fabolousRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Jakarta...lah
Posts: 933
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr_postman
Why? You did up a couple of them for me last year. I ran one at the Nats last year.

The (ever confusing) question about the GT-2 (nats) body rule is, isn't the Carrera (and the 350Z also),a two-seat sports car (like the NSX and the 360)?

Tc
I think they meant for GT1...on the other hand 911 has a back seat so it'll fit GT2 category

Does anyone know at whose discretion if a car is missing a part and the part is no longer for sale (like absolutely discontinued by Tamiya kind) can the owner replace the part with something similar that posed no advantage that the car will be allowed to race?
fabolousRC is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 12:55 PM
  #3314  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fabolousRC
I think they meant for GT1...on the other hand 911 has a back seat so it'll fit GT2 category

Does anyone know at whose discretion if a car is missing a part and the part is no longer for sale (like absolutely discontinued by Tamiya kind) can the owner replace the part with something similar that posed no advantage that the car will be allowed to race?
We were talkin GT2. . .


The rules state

"1. Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified here."

(Insert rules 2 thru 16 here)

"17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal."

I never ran into discontinued vehicles wanting to race. You might want to call 1-800-TAM-IYAA and speak to Fred or Gary. I would think no but if it is not a performance gain and parts are not available, it might be possible. . .
A-Ko is offline  
Old 06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
  #3315  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minidriver
Can anyone tell me if Troy Crabtree posts on rctech, and if so, what's his posting name?


Troy, if you're out there: If TCS Nationals 3rd Japan winning class is Mini's this year, as rumored, do you plan to run it again? On one hand, it could be one hell of a race, with 2003 (me), 2004 (you) and 2005 pent up TCS Nationals winners who didn't get to go to Japan duking it out (along with all the other new talent), but on the other hand I am already set up to give a run at GT1 (tires purchased, etc) and haven't been runing mini weekly (at Trackside) or at regionals for some time now. I'm also not sure if I want to run the same class as my 14 year old son, who will definitely be running Mini at Nationals.
you, troy, deven (2005 champ)... doc... and other fast mini guys.. OOOOO i wanna see that race
Hebiki is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.