Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by graphiteman
What are the top 3 body choices for GT1? What about discontinued bodies, can they be used?

Which tires are chosen for the Tamiya track in CA?

Thank you for the help.
NSX, Ferrari and R34 probably in that order. I remember seeing a video from last year from the Nats and one of the GT1 A-mains looked mostly NSX.

Discontinued bodies can be used although good luck finding them and you probably want to replace the hard solid plastic wing with the hopup wing kit.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
That only makes it more confusing. . . .

I might just stick with the R34 and start painting...
Old 06-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

I might just stick with the R34 and start painting...
Newer Xanaxi R34 or older Calsonic R34 ?

I will start painting bodies this weekend for the Fremont regional becuase I get back from an overseas business trip the weekend before and will not have time. Then depending on the driving skill (or lack of) will determine if I need new ones for the Alieso regional.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by graphiteman
What are the top 3 body choices for GT1? What about discontinued bodies, can they be used?

Which tires are chosen for the Tamiya track in CA?

Thank you for the help.
Do you really want to use a discontinued body ? They are worth more for collecting than racing.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Ferrari

i have a lightweight unpainted Ferrari Modena 360 for sale if anyone wants it make me an offer.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

$7
Old 06-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Newer Xanaxi R34 or older Calsonic R34 ?

I will start painting bodies this weekend for the Fremont regional becuase I get back from an overseas business trip the weekend before and will not have time. Then depending on the driving skill (or lack of) will determine if I need new ones for the Alieso regional.
I was looking at the Xanaxi.
If the "list" comes out with something what I am looking for then I might get one of those too. I was looking at trying 3 bodies.

Whats funny is I keep getting NSXs and Ferraris which I cannot run.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
$7
ollie.. that gets you the wing we'll chat tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jeff, I'd go with the updated Skyline (Xanavi and others...) as it seems to have the best overall balance of the new bodies that are likely to be legal for the Nats. My guess is that the NSX, 360, 430, Corvette, & Nismo 350Z will all be off limits for GT2. So... what's left? The Schnitzer BMW, several Mercedes sedans (the older 4 door D2/ProMarkt body might actually rock), a couple of Skylines, several Alfa's and the Opel. I'd take the Skyline.
Later
Doc
Old 06-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Jeff, I'd go with the updated Skyline (Xanavi and others...) as it seems to have the best overall balance of the new bodies that are likely to be legal for the Nats. My guess is that the NSX, 360, 430, Corvette, & Nismo 350Z will all be off limits for GT2. So... what's left? The Schnitzer BMW, several Mercedes sedans (the older 4 door D2/ProMarkt body might actually rock), a couple of Skylines, several Alfa's and the Opel. I'd take the Skyline.
Later
Doc
You forgot the new Audis, Doc. One of them is actually painted lightweight too.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Lord

Later
Doc
Doc,

i saw Fred today and asked him this exact question, "What bodies are legal for GT2 at Nationals?"

he replied with anything that is NOT an NSX (all yearly versions, 2002, etc) or Ferrari (360 and 430). so those three bodies are ruled out, the rest are FAIR GAME.

- Chris
Old 06-04-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks, Chris. That certainly simplifies things.
Later
Doc
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Doc,

i saw Fred today and asked him this exact question, "What bodies are legal for GT2 at Nationals?"

he replied with anything that is NOT an NSX (all yearly versions, 2002, etc) or Ferrari (360 and 430). so those three bodies are ruled out, the rest are FAIR GAME.

- Chris
Thanks Chris. I thought that is what I said, But I'm only a mini champ, so noone listens to me.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Later
Doc
Hey Doc,

I have been 100% planning on the Xanavi skyline regardless of the rules.

After that I was looking for 1 to 2 more bodies to try. If the no backseat rule is in effect then I was loooking at a few others like the integra, celica or opel. I do have the older D2 in mint condition (not for collecting, maybe just dust). I don't think it is what I am looking for in a body.

If the rules are no NSX, 360 or 430. . . Then I might look at the Audi and/or Carrera in addition to the other bodies mentioned above.

I will not make my final decision until I hear it straight from "FMW"s mouth or have an official posting, assuming he still goes to this thread or forum. . . ?

Not that I don't trust what is said here I just don't feel confident that the decision making process has been finalized and at $35 a pop I want to make sure I am not buying a static body for display. . .

Jeff
Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Hey Doc,

I have been 100% planning on the Xanavi skyline regardless of the rules.

After that I was looking for 1 to 2 more bodies to try. If the no backseat rule is in effect then I was loooking at a few others like the integra, celica or opel. I do have the older D2 in mint condition (not for collecting, maybe just dust). I don't think it is what I am looking for in a body.

If the rules are no NSX, 360 or 430. . . Then I might look at the Audi and/or Carrera in addition to the other bodies mentioned above.

I will not make my final decision until I hear it straight from "FMW"s mouth or have an official posting, assuming he still goes to this thread or forum. . . ?

Not that I don't trust what is said here I just don't feel confident that the decision making process has been finalized and at $35 a pop I want to make sure I am not buying a static body for display. . .

Jeff
Jeff, there has been 3 different people I know that have talked to Fred on this matter, And all 3 have the exact same answer.
The carrera is a great body if the wing is added to it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.