Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

MSRA guys: Thanks so much for staying with the program and puttin' on a first class show!!!! Anybody who stayed home 'cause of a rumour of weather missed an awesome weekend of good 'ol fashioned parkin' lot racin'!!!!! Props to the track crew and the nascar-style jet dryer----and the whole day was like a huge tailgate party, what with the serve-yourself cookout deli.....Thanks again guys!!!

MM2003---Bill, YOU sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!!!!!... MANY THANKS for the rocket engine in GT3. You had a career comeback in GT1..... I shoulda bought your supper at joes---but hey, let's go out on me at Aliso, OK? (ps---you got any more of those??? )

Doc Mertes: Great choice for supper, man..... Good time!!!!

Katzer: Great to see you back in the game ---and you did a helluva job announcing...

A-ko: Congrats on the GT3 TQ....I know that woulda been a dogfight had you not had some bad luck.....Oh, and uh---HAPPY "BIRTHDAY"....

Josh K: AWESOME drive by you in GT2, great job!!!!! I tried as hard as I could to stay ahead of you, but with that left front outdrive sheared off, it was hooking BAD in the left-handers and I had to kick in a bootfull of right rudder to keep it in line on the straight. Bad luck for me, but extremely well-earned for you!!!----could there be yet ANOTHER Wisconsin national champ in the making? stay tuned!

bruce
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Arrow TCS Race in Memphis TN April 30th 2006

Pictures and Results from this past weekends TCS race in Memphis have been posted on our clubs website, http://www.msra-racing.com.

Here is a direct link to the results:
http://www.msra-racing.com/2006resu...6/04302006.html

And a direct link to the pictures:
http://www.msra-racing.com/gallery/...lbum/index.html

I'd like to thank everyone who came and made this a great event this year, and We look forward to seeing everyone in 2007!

Thanks
Brandon Henderson
Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We just got in tonight after an awesome weekend away. I have been meaning to come down for the last 3 years but always had the same conflict. Well now I know what all my friends were talking about as far as a well done event! Thanks MSRA guys for a great time and professionally done TCS event!

Already were talking about doing it again for next year. The funny thing about the announcer he sounded too much like Jeff Foxworthy. I am sure he hears that all the time or I have been watching too much Blue Collar TV.

RCCARDR > Thanks for going easy on me in GT3 and not lacing my birthday celebration with something to knock me out on Sunday... Actually I am sorta glad I did not ruin your chance at a 4 peat on Sunday.

Doc > I was surprised that you found a better motor for the main. Then again not really you are somewhat crafty. I was hoping it would go down to a 3 way battle in the main. Seems that one sweeper that bugged everyone else except me was what killed our chances at a 5 minute battle royale to a 5 lap one. Maybe next year we will have to try it again. I think we were the same speed I just had a bit of a push.

All the other guys Jay, Jay, Josh, Benji, John, the Keys, Mike and George. It was great hanging out, doing dinner. Especially Sunday eating at Joes who was out of crab and fish, well for us anyways.

JEff
Old 05-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Doc Hickman,
Free dinner? You betcha! You got a PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Jeff.

what happened to you in the GT3 A main? you were leading and then all of sudden you dropped to 3rd place? Did you get into a wreck of some sort?

Cause if you can out qualify a former national champion then you have a good shot a winning this year at the Tamiya North American Finals if you can keep it together.

-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leester
Jeff.

what happened to you in the GT3 A main? you were leading and then all of sudden you dropped to 3rd place? Did you get into a wreck of some sort?

Cause if you can out qualify a former national champion then you have a good shot a winning this year at the Tamiya North American Finals if you can keep it together.

-Lee
Hey Lee,

Doc Bruce and I were pretty much nose to tail the 1st 5 laps of the GT3 race. My car had a slight push to it and Bruce got inside of me on the shortshoot before the kinked up sweeper. Bruce proptly took the lead and I had to let off as to not hit him because we instantly resumed nose to tail racing. My car drifted wide and clipped the kink just before or into the sweeper. After a nice donut, a wiggly car, Jay Streetor helped me out popping back on a disconnected left-rear tierod. By the time I was really going again I had lost 1-1/2 laps to the Brucemeister. I still battled back from 6th to 3rd but, in so many words the damage was done.

I did not have any real problems with traffic, although with GT2 that was a little different.

Regardless it was one of the best regional events I had been to.

I would have welcomed a few more A-mains I was looking forward to being part of the oreo cookie in the DocJeffDoc show. I have used up all my bad luck in the regionals, next stop Cali.

Hopefully you can pull yourself away from Vegas and join us?

Jeff
Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Jeff & Lee:

There's actually a good shot of the episode that Jeff describes on the MSRA web site..... Their photograher must've been standing on the outside of the sweeper and snapped a photo right as Jeff was about to hit the kinked area in that sweeper......its pic #443 in the sequence..... The GT3 A main starts w/ pic #417 in the album......We gotta do that again, Jeff!!! Both you and Doug were absolutely ballistic in qualifying and I know it would have been nip/tuck all the way.

bruce
Old 05-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Hopefully you can pull yourself away from Vegas and join us?

Jeff
No can't do it.Me and my dad won't go to Cali until we move out there in 2007 beside we have 1 year and 3 months before we move out there. So hang tight! Cause it won't be long.

You should come to vegas! it's a really cool race. there are even some RC racers from the Tamiya World Championship that come out here to race and you don't have to go through all the hassel of qualifying for the race. Just pay your entry fee and off you go!

Hope you can finally whip some *** at Tamiya this year cause you've been racing in the TCS since it started cause if you win it will be the greatest upset the American TCS has ever witnessed! I'll be rooting for you this year!
Just learn how to set up your car and tune your driving skills and you'll be right up there!

Go for it!

-Lee
Old 05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Lee,

Veags....IIC race is sold out.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Lee,

Veags....IIC race is sold out.
I know but i was saying he could go next year. Maybe you should too one of these years.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Bruce,

I eagerly went through all those picts and stumbled across the low point to my race LOL. It seemed like they got everyone and every car in pictures which was pretty cool. I just wish we did not have to wait soooo long for a rematch!

Lee,
"Hope you can finally whip some *** at Tamiya this year cause you've been racing in the TCS since it started cause if you win it will be the greatest upset the American TCS has ever witnessed!"

I don't know if it would be an upset maybe a little hiccup in TCS history if things work my way. Really I am looking forward to either beating or being beat by the competition rather than being beat by equipment bad luck (which sums up 1/2 of my years in Cali). Not too worried about too much plenty of notes and experience to pull from as well as a ton of new stuff to not go wrong. . .I will just leave it up to my driving and seeing who will have their best game going come raceday.

Probably will not hit Vegas I am too linked into the TCS series. If things go well then you never know how the next year might change?

Jeff
Old 05-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jeff- Are we going to see you at Laurel or the Aliso Regional this year, or are you saving it all up for the Nats? Bruce is likely to be at both races if you're looking for a rematch...
Later
Doc
Old 05-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Jeff- Are we going to see you at Laurel or the Aliso Regional this year, or are you saving it all up for the Nats? Bruce is likely to be at both races if you're looking for a rematch...
Later
Doc
Doc,

You can breathe easy, I will not be able to attend both of those races and I am saving it up for Cali Nats. My car seems ready just have to fix the nut behind the wheel ... Although a temptation might be to cross the border up north into the land of the sticks and skates aye.... It a little bit closer and cheaper for me...

Bruce,
Would enjoy a rematch just need a closer track to do it at, as far as TCS goes.

Jeff
Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I cracked open my TA05 box today to start building a car for Aliso in July. Starting fresh with the LW carbon chassis and working from there. Geez, if I would have known how FEW parts I was actually going to use out of the kit, I would have built one off the shelf a long time ago.

I'm looking to run it in GT2, since *somebody* has my GT3 motor out on loan.

Speaking of Aliso, did we ever get confirmation on what bodies would be considered legal for the GT2 Nats? How about the Skyline Nismo? I think that one has a back seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.