Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
BH, I heard rumour about a club race on Sat.....Is this true? Also, I was plannin' on driving down from MKE, but now I'm flying thanx to cheep airfare on NWA.... Anyway, sounds like power is avail, but might there be an extra pit table to be borrowed for the weekend??

Thanks

bruce
bruce.. is the hickman freight train coming out to fremont and aliso viejo TCS regionals?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Bruce,
How many tables will you need, pre-staging area included?

I'll be driving up and can toss an extra table in my van if you'd like.

Bill
Old 04-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
BH, I heard rumour about a club race on Sat.....Is this true? Also, I was plannin' on driving down from MKE, but now I'm flying thanx to cheep airfare on NWA.... Anyway, sounds like power is avail, but might there be an extra pit table to be borrowed for the weekend??

Thanks

bruce
Hi Bruce,

Yes there is a club race on Saturday, it will get started in the early afternoon. I will make sure there are extra tables and chairs for those that need them.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks all for the info. Gives me an idea about my driving plans, looking like I will have to drive straight through. Especially if I want to get in some practice time. Heard a lot of good things about the Memphis crowd. Been wanting to come the last 3 years but had conflicting dates.

I should be ready, have my good luck charm, which I did not have at Trackside. Seems like GT3 will be a hottt class unless Bruce and Doc get cold feet. Well I am looking forward to it anyways

See you guys soon!

Jeff
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Chassis selections for GT3

I am thinking of running my first TCS race at the Tamiya track and am wondering on chassis selection. I know the TA05 is the newest but are the other chassis competive like TA04, TT01R, TB02, etc. I normally race a TC4 at Socal and am wondering what an inexpensive car setup for GT3 would be. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SA22C'ya
I am thinking of running my first TCS race at the Tamiya track and am wondering on chassis selection. I know the TA05 is the newest but are the other chassis competive like TA04, TT01R, TB02, etc. I normally race a TC4 at Socal and am wondering what an inexpensive car setup for GT3 would be. Thanks for the help.
The cheaper way to run GT3 would be with a TA04R, I have seen a few on the for sale section of the board lately. I would also check around locally for one too, there are a lot of guys running those cars in the area that may be able to help you out some.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Rumor has it from the MSRA thread they might put the track down Friday evening. If so, it will be open for practice just about any time Saturday. In the past the track has usually been down by around 1:00pm and they have a club race that evening.

There's VERY limited power in Memphis (they're smack dab in the middle of the parking lot), so if you have a generator you may want to toss it in the truck/trailer/car.
Yep, we usually have the track down Friday night or Saturday morning. We have overcome the problems with complaints (I seem to have really good results by holding meetings with b!tchy store managers late at night in empty parking lots... lmao...j/k) so Friday night is no problem as long as enough guys show up.

The Saturday club race will NOT be TCS rules which enables everyone to race, but gives plenty of practice in race conditions for us serious guys. Depending on the number of entries we start between 3 and 4pm and finish up right around dusk. If it's a regular warm sunny May weather day, the track will have good traction and when the sun starts to go down (think mains) the bite jumps up another half notch or so. Enough that I usually make a small compensation for it.

There will be plenty to do around here on Saturday night so you can choose from a nice simple meal before heading to the hotel all the way to getting cleaned up for a wild night with Mo & friends...lol.

If you're thinking of bringing the family, the Wolfchase Mall is literally across the main street. It's one of the largest malls in the mid south. There's tons of other stores, CHucky Cheese a few miles away, the Memphis Zoo is approx 12 miles straight down I-40, and if that's not enough to keep you occupied, just hang out at the track and I'll entertain everyone with my corny retatrded comments during the races!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Chris: Aliso fer sure, and I'm tryin to trade clinic time for the Fremont weekend --- I really miss racin outdoors!!!

Mmm2003:Tables???.....I was thinkin more along the lines of one of those Featherlite racing trailers that the NASCAB boys use----You know, one for me, and one for the "memorial staging area"......

BHenderson: Thanks!!!!

bruce
Old 04-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SA22C'ya
It all depends what you are looking for. Buying a used car usually you can get many hopups and extras. Buying a new car might be a little steeper unless you have another Tamiya car to cannabalize from. Like "nonstopone" said there are plenty of good deals on TA04Rs out there. That car has been around for 6 years and still is competitive.

This year I have been racing GT2 & 3. Initially I wanted to run my 04R for GT3 but started testing with my brand new TA05. Needless to say my TA05 never left the GT3 spot. I think you can be competitive without all the hopups on the TA05. So far mine only has front 1-way, alum shocks, swaybars and universals. The TA05 NSX was cheaper than the Ferrari and were both the same kit (except for the bodies). I did just order a truckload of extras but it has been competitive without the truckload.
Looking forward to trying it at TA in Aug.

Both cars are also pretty durable and mostly headache free.
My 2 cents, good luck and hope it helps. . .

jeff
Old 04-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

bigdogracing ->
Thanks for the info looking forward to an awesome time!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Hey MSRA guys, open question for ya......I was checking out the gallery on your website and it looks like your track was repaved and has a unique surface....Is this a non-skid-type material like that used in garages, steps, patios etc???. If so, how's tire wear and what kinds of traction compounds are popular?----And the bigee....what do you expect for weather this time of year? (should we post a tornado watch? )

thanks, bruce
Old 04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
Chris: Aliso fer sure, and I'm tryin to trade clinic time for the Fremont weekend --- I really miss racin outdoors!!!

bruce
bruce, you'll enjoy the Fremont TCS. its a parking lot race.. on smooth asphalt. the program is very efficient. they have a club race the saturday before with TCS and non TCS classes. john hicks is also a great race director.

they also spray the parking lot with rootbeer.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So Bruce,
What class are you running in Memphis? TL01 spec? do I hear Mini? Dangun Racers? (lol) Sorry I couldnt resist, after the grief I recieved for running GT3 and seeing what you ran in Seattle I had to post. Unfortunately I will not be there, however I might come out and play @ Laurel

BP
Old 04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Brad: I think GT3 and F103...I would run GT2, but I lost my car in the abounding acreage that is the Hickman Memorial Staging Area. (At least according to Dish.... ) I have dispatched several search parties into the expansive, ever-growing vastness---- but alas, they too, are lost....... If I could only reduce the size of this wasteland, perhaps I could muster the strength to find and prepare my GT2 toy car that I race for bowling trophies........

Until then, GT3, baby!!!!

Chris: Thanks for the info about Fremont---I'm workin a "multi-Player deal" with other docs right now to get that weekend....... Although, I may end up being the "player to be named later".......
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Doc
Brad: I think GT3 and F103...I would run GT2, but I lost my car in the abounding acreage that is the Hickman Memorial Staging Area. (At least according to Dish.... ) I have dispatched several search parties into the expansive, ever-growing vastness---- but alas, they too, are lost....... If I could only reduce the size of this wasteland, perhaps I could muster the strength to find and prepare my GT2 toy car that I race for bowling trophies........

Until then, GT3, baby!!!!

Chris: Thanks for the info about Fremont---I'm workin a "multi-Player deal" with other docs right now to get that weekend....... Although, I may end up being the "player to be named later".......
I will have whatever he is on... make that a double...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.