Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any hotel info for Memphis?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
JC... my top 10 reasons why im going back to SIR next year...

10. a well ventilated indoor asphalt track that doesnt smell.
9. soap and paper towels in the bathrooms
8. a well stocked hobby shop full of tamiya spares and goodies
7. burnouts at the back of the building
6. awesome traction
5. friendly and fast competition (including the owner )
4. a loyal Group C and F103GT following
3. racing with 3-4 past national champs (2 more if Ian Aquino and Ling Kang Tong roll up)
2. racing with TCS buddies

and my number reason for going back......

1. Watching Dan Garber in the rear view mirror spin out his Mini Cooper in the rain.
You forgot # 0.5 Burgermaster!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

For Memphis hotel info, you can go to the MSRA group post on the TCS event. The closest hotels include a Hampton Inn, AmeriSuites, and a few others. There are also several hotels in Germantown, but track is in Bartlett, TN. Look for Wolf Chase Galleria info.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Any hotel info for Memphis?
For all those looking for hotel info in Memphis, Here you go:

Microtel Inn & Suites Memphis/Cordova ( At Wolfchase Galleria)

2423 N Germantown Pkwy
Cordova, TN 38016
800-444-6835

.8 of a mile from the track, Close to I-40. Published rate for a standard room with a queen bed is $60 a night

--------------------------------------------------
Quality Suites Wolfchase

8166 Varnavas Dr
Cordova, TN 38016
800-664-6835

1.2 miles from track. Published rate for a King suite is $86 a night

---------------------------------------------------
Wingate Inn - Memphis-Wolfchase

2270 N Germantown Pkwy
Memphis, TN 38018
800-754-6835

1.2 miles from the track Published rate for 2 doubles is $106 a night

---------------------------------------------------
AmeriSuites of Memphis Wolfchase

7905 Giacosa Pl
Memphis, TN 38133
800-754-6835

.6 miles from the track Published rate for 2 double suite is $109 a night
--------------------------------------------------

For those of you who have not been to Memphis but are planning on making the trip, our electric track is nearby the largest shopping mall in Memphis which means there are plenty of places to eat around the track. If there are any other questions/concerns PLEASE do not hesitate to PM me. We look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month.

TRACK DIRECTIONS
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Regional Moderator

on another note, does anyone have a spool for a 415? I sure could use one lol.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BHenderson
For all those looking for hotel info in Memphis, Here you go:
Thanks for the info.... see you at the end of the month!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking forward to seeing you in Memphis, Jeff. Katzer, the Keys and I are staying at the Microtel (teeny tiny beds and itsy bitsy bathrooms...).

Do I feel a BIRTHDAY coming on???????

Later
Doc
Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Looking forward to seeing you in Memphis, Jeff. Katzer, the Keys and I are staying at the Microtel (teeny tiny beds and itsy bitsy bathrooms...).

Do I feel a BIRTHDAY coming on???????

Later
Doc
Is there a happy $33 Priceline room rate at the micro?

Can I have a piece of cake.....
Old 04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jeff-
Got my room for an $80 rate and was happy to do so- must be something happening in Memphis that weekend. But at least I'm sharing the cost with Katzer...so I think I'm lucky...wait...maybe not...

As far as birthday cake goes, anything is possible. Perhaps SunnyMel and PookyT will take you on their special All Night Memphis Birthday Tour. It's chock full of special events but you probably won't drive too well the next day...

Later
Doc
Old 04-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Does anyone know what 19T motors are allowed for the TCS Race? I'm asking 'cause the Integy Spec19 motor doesn't look like to be ROAR approved and was considering of using it.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Taken straight off the Tamiya site:

"SPEC 19Turn Ball bearing motors are the only motors allowed for the GT-1 Class. Examples of these types of motors are; Team Orion Element Spec 19T, Reedy #509 Spec 19T, Reedy #513 Quad Mag 19T Spec, and the Trinity Chameleon 2 Spec 19T. Again, these are examples of motors that are legal. All 19Turn motors must be fixed timing and have machine-wound armatures. Although ROAR has allowed hand wound armatures in their races, this will not be the case for TCS races.

NOTE: Spec motors that are released by motor manufactures in the future that have quad magnets will be legal as long as they are released and marketed as a “spec motor” with machine wound armatures and fixed timing end-bells. The Orion V-2 conversion end-bell is legal for use on the Orion/Peak Spec 19T motors as long as the timing is fixed."

The C2 is the only SPEC motor that is "ROAR approved", but Tamiya doesn't look for ROAR approved motors. I'm glad they went that direction, because there are so many 19-turn SPEC motor choices out there. I'm assuming the CP Money and Trinity KD will both be TCS legal as they follow the "machine wound armature and fixed timing" rules.

FYI, I ran the Integy Z 19-turn SPEC at the Cinci TCS and it was approved, but they took a long look at it the first time up at the tech table.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Jeff-
Got my room for an $80 rate and was happy to do so- must be something happening in Memphis that weekend. But at least I'm sharing the cost with Katzer...so I think I'm lucky...wait...maybe not...

As far as birthday cake goes, anything is possible. Perhaps SunnyMel and PookyT will take you on their special All Night Memphis Birthday Tour. It's chock full of special events but you probably won't drive too well the next day...

Later
Doc
Doc,

Your hotel was soo small I could not find it...
Although I did find one for around $52.

How does the weekend usually go?
I would guess Sunday would be pretty obvious.
People get there bloody bleery eyed early.

I have been hearing Sat is practice and race?
Do you have any idea on timing? I am a novice at this event.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Rumor has it from the MSRA thread they might put the track down Friday evening. If so, it will be open for practice just about any time Saturday. In the past the track has usually been down by around 1:00pm and they have a club race that evening.

There's VERY limited power in Memphis (they're smack dab in the middle of the parking lot), so if you have a generator you may want to toss it in the truck/trailer/car.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Rumor has it from the MSRA thread they might put the track down Friday evening. If so, it will be open for practice just about any time Saturday. In the past the track has usually been down by around 1:00pm and they have a club race that evening.

There's VERY limited power in Memphis (they're smack dab in the middle of the parking lot), so if you have a generator you may want to toss it in the truck/trailer/car.
I know for sure we will have the track up before 1pm on Saturday if I have to do it myself lol.

He is correct about power, ALTHOUGH there are many of us here who have generators and they will be there at the races. We do now have two sources of power but if you have room for a generator my suggestion would be to bring it. If you dont have one dont let that stop you from coming we will work to accomodate everyone.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BHenderson
I know for sure we will have the track up before 1pm on Saturday if I have to do it myself lol.

He is correct about power, ALTHOUGH there are many of us here who have generators and they will be there at the races. We do now have two sources of power but if you have room for a generator my suggestion would be to bring it. If you dont have one dont let that stop you from coming we will work to accomodate everyone.

BH, I heard rumour about a club race on Sat.....Is this true? Also, I was plannin' on driving down from MKE, but now I'm flying thanx to cheep airfare on NWA.... Anyway, sounds like power is avail, but might there be an extra pit table to be borrowed for the weekend??

Thanks

bruce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.