Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

WOW WHAT A RACE !!!!
Thank you to Doug for devoting all of your time, and effort to pull off one of the best run events in the R/C hobby.
Dan, Ken, Kevin, Mike, Ritchie, Troy, if you wern't racing, you all were helping out another Racer, working the counter, or on the second Mic helping call the race, or seeing if you can help get a racer ready for the next heat, Thanks Guys. Thanks to TAMIYA for providing the great awards, and sponcering the TCS series at not cost to the racers.
Cool to meet some of the OUT-OF-Town R/C Tech racers, hope to see you at furture TCS races.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll try to get Doug to post the results in the AM.

Spec-Paul Powers
MiniM03-Troy Crabtree
M04-Shane Elliot
Gt3- Bruce Hickman
GT2-Juan Aveytia
GT1-Aaron Biner
F1-Ritchie Renyolds
Group C-Ritchie Renyolds
F103GT-Garber

I think that was it. Great job from all the racers getting to Tech on time, and being ready. We had some timing issues that lost a few minutes but all in all lost maybe 15min all day. We had 116 entries and 109 actually race. The largest TCS in NW history by a good margin.

Thanks again to Doug for providing the facility and Tamiya for the whole TCS series. We all got treated to some great racing here in the NW.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
I'll try to get Doug to post the results in the AM.

Spec-Paul Powers
MiniM03-Troy Crabtree
M04-Shane Elliot
Gt3- Bruce Hickman
GT2-Juan Aveytia
GT1-Aaron Biner
F1-Ritchie Renyolds
Group C-Ritchie Renyolds
F103GT-Garber

I think that was it. Great job from all the racers getting to Tech on time, and being ready. We had some timing issues that lost a few minutes but all in all lost maybe 15min all day. We had 116 entries and 109 actually race. The largest TCS in NW history by a good margin.

Thanks again to Doug for providing the facility and Tamiya for the whole TCS series. We all got treated to some great racing here in the NW.
dg.. thanks for always setting my car down. and the set up tips it was nice to knock off .5 off my laptimes after those changes.

it was great to finally and chat with steve and bruce hickman.... bruce.. great run in GT3. it was fun following the master/past national champ around the track.

hey juan.. i wont hit you. i promise.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

THE BEST!!!
All of you guys who were unable to make it to SIR for this weekend's TCS race missed some of THE BEST racing I've seen in a couple of years.

Many thanks to Doug, Dan, Kevin, Troy and everyone else connected with SIR- you guys run a class show there. Great track, super facility, well stocked hobby shop...what more could a die-hard racer want?

Special thanks to Dan for working with me through my Mini issues. Even though I wound up pretty much right where I started, it was good enough for second place, and only a second away from Troy. And another big THANKS!!! to Bruce Hickman for the setup tips on the TA05. Welcome to GT3, Bruce!

Let's do this again...in MEMPHIS at the end of the month.

Later
Doc
Old 04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
THE BEST!!!
All of you guys who were unable to make it to SIR for this weekend's TCS race missed some of THE BEST racing I've seen in a couple of years.

Many thanks to Doug, Dan, Kevin, Troy and everyone else connected with SIR- you guys run a class show there. Great track, super facility, well stocked hobby shop...what more could a die-hard racer want?

Special thanks to Dan for working with me through my Mini issues. Even though I wound up pretty much right where I started, it was good enough for second place, and only a second away from Troy. And another big THANKS!!! to Bruce Hickman for the setup tips on the TA05. Welcome to GT3, Bruce!

Let's do this again...in MEMPHIS at the end of the month.

Later
Doc
How many entries Doc?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
How many entries Doc?
I believe there were over 120 cars and over 75 racers.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Congrats to all the winners!

Wow Bruce in GT3.... should be interesting!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

I just wanted to give props to Doug at seattle indoor raceway and the crew there. You guys ran an awesome race. Kevin thanks again for everything this past weekend. I'm renting my own car next time. I just glad to be home alive. Dan thanks for letting me use your stocker in the main. But, I looked in my 415 manual, and the internal ratio is different than the ta05. Maybe thats why it was not quite as fast as it was in your car.

Don't forget, " Vote For Pedro".
Old 04-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I just wanted to give props to Doug at seattle indoor raceway and the crew there. You guys ran an awesome race. Kevin thanks again for everything this past weekend. I'm renting my own car next time. I just glad to be home alive. Dan thanks for letting me use your stocker in the main. But, I looked in my 415 manual, and the internal ratio is different than the ta05. Maybe thats why it was not quite as fast as it was in your car.

Don't forget, " Vote For Pedro".
juan... if you would have used my motor.. you would have done 31 laps

oh yah dont forget...... 2 deg castor blocks it was fun chasing you around... lets do it again in fremont, then aliso.

TROY!!! BURGERMASTER!!!! i ate at in n out when i got home.. it wasnt the same.

Doc.. it was fun pitting next to you. learned some new silver can secrets
Old 04-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Way to go Doug, now Chris will be fas....wait a sec, he'll still change cars every other week so we don't need to worry about it
Old 04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Juan remember my car is converted to the 05 pullies so it is the same as a 05.

For anyone staying at Casa du Michellich do not I repeat DO NOT use the shuttle service. If you do notice the lack of upholstry in the passenger seat. Juan is still trying to remove it...

Again great having all our TCS buddies in from out of town. .I always look forward to seeing all the friends from around the country at Nats and now hopefully at the Regionals in the future also.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default TCS @ SIR

Thanks to all the folks @ SIR, great race, facility, and guys that run the shop,
Doug, Dan, Troy, Kevin. Bruce and I really enjoyed the time spent there.

I wish I could have done a little better than Qualified 5th and finishing 5th in the A GT2 Main, the racing was intense in the GT2 class !!! the Main was very busy with 10 cars on the track. I was up to 3rd by the 2 min mark but made a mistake on the back side of the track, not bad for a old guy @ 51 years old. I can say that they have the best stocked Hobby shop for Tamiya parts I have seen. I can't wait for next year's race, maybe we will have F103GT class by then ?? I did purchase a F103GT from them "Great Price " $109.99.

Steve
Old 04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Is there any site that will have pics and full results on it later? sounds like it was a good time.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Way to go Doug, now Chris will be fas....wait a sec, he'll still change cars every other week so we don't need to worry about it
Wow and from the sounds of it we may not see you this year either!
Too bad you didn't come out for the race you would have enjoyed it. You need to plan a trip out here for next year.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
juan... if you would have used my motor.. you would have done 31 laps

oh yah dont forget...... 2 deg castor blocks it was fun chasing you around... lets do it again in fremont, then aliso.

TROY!!! BURGERMASTER!!!! i ate at in n out when i got home.. it wasnt the same.

Doc.. it was fun pitting next to you. learned some new silver can secrets
Hey Chris did your Pit board survive the trip??? Or does it have a crease??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.