Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you have an opportunity to goto Memphis at the end of April, all I can say is...DO IT!!!

These guys run a super race, they're very open and friendly with folks from out of town, the track is enormous with awesome traction, and it's just a lot of fun. I've gone the past three years and look forward to seeing all of my Southern Tamiya Buds in five weeks.

See you there!
Later
Doc
Old 03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Can't wait!!!!!
I hpoe the M04 will work like it did in Ohio
cya
mike
Old 03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
If you have an opportunity to goto Memphis at the end of April, all I can say is...DO IT!!!

These guys run a super race, they're very open and friendly with folks from out of town, the track is enormous with awesome traction, and it's just a lot of fun. I've gone the past three years and look forward to seeing all of my Southern Tamiya Buds in five weeks.

See you there!
Later
Doc
I can taste the B-day cake...
Old 03-22-2006, 06:16 PM

I was glad to make the trip from Illinois, it was fun to run asphalt again. What a wonderful facility with a great race director. I would be nice if Intense could have been there to see how to host a race.

I wish I would have known about the secret tire/inserts combination. The Green Bomb could have done better with something other than the B3's with red inserts. Maybe that's why i was just hanging on for dear life in GT2. Why was I to shy to ask for help? Note to self: Never attend a race without A-KO again!

To "the Junior"... Just a hint, but if you look at all the post on the TCS area, not to many folks are bragging about their sponsors at the end of their posts. It seems the TCS races are for NON-SPONSORED drivers and your post sure look like you have lots of them. Did you race the TCS just to beat-up on the mortals of the hobby? Shame on you..

Radar...ping....
Old 03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radar
I was glad to make the trip from Illinois, it was fun to run asphalt again. What a wonderful facility with a great race director. I would be nice if Intense could have been there to see how to host a race.

I wish I would have known about the secret tire/inserts combination. The Green Bomb could have done better with something other than the B3's with red inserts. Maybe that's why i was just hanging on for dear life in GT2. Why was I to shy to ask for help? Note to self: Never attend a race without A-KO again!

To "the Junior"... Just a hint, but if you look at all the post on the TCS area, not to many folks are bragging about their sponsors at the end of their posts. It seems the TCS races are for NON-SPONSORED drivers and your post sure look like you have lots of them. Did you race the TCS just to beat-up on the mortals of the hobby? Shame on you..

Radar...ping....
Hey Radar this is Paul, your race director. Thanks for the props and I hope all had a great time at our race. Maybe next time I will get a chance to race also. Maybe you will get a chance to come race some of our other events we are planning this year.......
Old 03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Radar...ping....

no shame to junior... there were other people of his caliber at the event also...he should be commended....he willing gave the kits he won to two young children to get them started in the hobby... and this is really what its all about anyhow......... just my 2 cents from a newbie.....
Old 03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Radar...ping....
Radar, get it fixed.... Junior is a class act, I did not hear ONE word about his racing in the TCS at the Maryland race. He took time out of getting his car ready to help out some of the racers there... He went as far as asking Tamiya if he could race and they did not have a problem with it...

Shame on you RADAR for making a knee jerk post and not knowing the whole story.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Radar did you happen to read Tamiya's rules that they have posted on their website? Sponsored drivers are allowed to run if they are not factory paid drivers or get entry fees paid for them. Not that it is any of your business what Juniors deal is but rest assured he fits in with the rules Tamiya has posted.

If Junior wanted to beat up on guys he would of run Spec. If was trying to to beat up on guys he would of kept the kits and not give them away to kids so they could get into the hobby.

If it wasn't Junior that won then someone would complain about the next fast guy that wins a class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Radar...ping....

Radar,

IMHO Tamiya purposefully makes the rules somewhat nebulous to give the local race director some room to make decisions that are right for his track....."semi-sponsored" drivers are legitimately allowed to compete under these rules, and in this case, Mike is/was appropriately allowed to compete. While the TCS series I believe was conceived as a way to interest casual observers in the hobby, as we all know it can get pretty competitive in the higher mains. Drivers like Mike set the bar very high, and that's a good thing IMHO, for those of us that thrive on competition. ( I punted him in the first corner and he came back to win easily, going away!!! Again JR, I'm sorry about that!!) He's a talented driver, and knows how to set up a car for sure. You may not win against drivers like these, but you will always learn something..... Also, Props to the winners for giving away their kits!!!! I've had the privilege of racing in TCS for 10 years, and I've been giving away kits after any wins for 8 of those years...... THAT is what this thing is about for me....putting smiles on faces/ bench racing / seeing old friends at tracks across the country/ and just COMPETING ( with "spec" rules)......We're all just racers and we'll all find something to complain about given enough time----Hey, maybe I'll start a thread complaining about the cost of the tires!!!!

bruce
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SIR TCS RACE ON 4/2/06, AS PER THE PICTURES, THE TRACK LOOKS VERY NEAT AND TIDY. LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD DOOR HANDLE TO DOOR HANDLE RACING.

LOOKS LIKE FROM THE WEB-SITE PICTURES, THERE IS NOT MUCH STRAIGHT AWAY TO CLEAN OUT THE CARBON JUST NEED TO HAVE GOOD TORQUE OFF THE CORNERS AND GOOD ROLL SPEED THROUGH THE CORNERS.

STEVE.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doc
Radar,

IMHO Tamiya purposefully makes the rules somewhat nebulous to give the local race director some room to make decisions that are right for his track....."semi-sponsored" drivers are legitimately allowed to compete under these rules, and in this case, Mike is/was appropriately allowed to compete. While the TCS series I believe was conceived as a way to interest casual observers in the hobby, as we all know it can get pretty competitive in the higher mains. Drivers like Mike set the bar very high, and that's a good thing IMHO, for those of us that thrive on competition. ( I punted him in the first corner and he came back to win easily, going away!!! Again JR, I'm sorry about that!!) He's a talented driver, and knows how to set up a car for sure. You may not win against drivers like these, but you will always learn something..... Also, Props to the winners for giving away their kits!!!! I've had the privilege of racing in TCS for 10 years, and I've been giving away kits after any wins for 8 of those years...... THAT is what this thing is about for me....putting smiles on faces/ bench racing / seeing old friends at tracks across the country/ and just COMPETING ( with "spec" rules)......We're all just racers and we'll all find something to complain about given enough time----Hey, maybe I'll start a thread complaining about the cost of the tires!!!!

bruce

Enough Said
Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Radar, and others go here and look at the kids face the Casey and Junior gave the car kits to..... Enuff said.... Theywill remember this act of kindness for the rest of their lives. Bruce and Steve have done this in the past and just to see the kids face lite up is priceless...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/r...tcs_race-id=57
Old 03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Well, now that ole Cowboy is on to getting higher numbers out of the Silvercans the next thing to be whined about will be Cowboy Horsepower But wait I fit in under the Joe Blow motor guy in the rules Thanks to Doc my slowest 2hole Johnson's are turning over 12,500 rpm and it is all done without touching a thing with a wrench or vice grips or treating them with some exotic high dollar process

Sad to say but in any organised sport there are different levels of skill and the access to the proper parts to put that skill to use, Senior is the set up man behind junior and until Jr learns a lot more about set up he better be treating his dad real nice
Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool SURGE POWER !

Need to Thank the carDoc for all the help the week before and at
the TCS race just past ! I'll save you a spot in July at Casey race !!!

Thank's DOC .....
Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Note to self: Never attend a race without A-KO again!
Wow, I wish I knew what I did. . . lol.

About sponsored drivers, it has been covered in the rules.

Not letting a National TCS champ who wins a kit keep it is a good thing. If 2nd place does not want it then it probably should goto the discretion of the winner as who to give it to.

Everybody may hold a position on what to do with the kits. Many guys give them away. Others use it for parts, trade-in value or ebay. I for one don't have liquid cash to dump into new kits 2 or 3 times a year. That is my situation and I would probably keep the kit that I would win. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, unless I was a cherry picker in a beginner class.

The kits have a value to me more than what others might give it. For some its just a drop in a bucket. My last kit I won I traded for a 414m2 the one before that is my Rally car. Depending on my future kit, it might get wings and goto a friend in Poland who does not have the money to afford a new car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.