Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would have liked to have been there, but that darn thing known as WORK keeps getting in the way.

But on the bright side, I've already got time off lined up for Memphis and for Aliso in July, and the Nats isn't out of the question either. I think I'm addicted to these TCS events.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

I'd love to make it out to Aliso Viejo this year. I've been qualified the past 3 years too...
Old 03-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Too funny Steve, looks like you and Bruce will have to buy up all the HPI inserts too! Ha Ha! ('What'd you say!')
Old 03-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blewer
.......and you're on the list!
Me??!! haha.. I didn't even finish my main! My turnbuckle popped off!! Yeah, I think Laurel will have a good fast line~up for GT1. I've decided to shelf my MSX (will only be used for certain races) and just concentrate on the TA05. So I may run GT2 as well. Trying to figure things out for 2 different cars for 2 different classes suck. Especially when practice/track time is limited. Anyways, it was fun. I think next year I will try and travel to more TCS races besides the 2 in MD. Maybe even the Nationals. Anyways.. catch yall L8Rz..
Old 03-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casey
Steve give the guy credit, besides I have seen you wheel the TA05 longer than he has he had 2 weeks on the car.
Congrats to all racers

Casey:

I give him all the credit in the world, he drove a great race and his car was the class of the field. Your right I have been running the TAO5 since Jan/2006, I guess I need to get some more laps with this car ??
I guess I take this Sedan Racing a little toooo serious ?
After all we are just men racing toy cars for bowling trophy's !!!!

"Back to gardening on the weekends"
Old 03-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

you can use Take Offs? God I wish I coulda put 'em on my mini! Had a blast racing up there this weekend. Congrat's to all the winners and as for me, I'm gonna start to try and save so I can go to the Finals. Can't belive it, A-main in both Mini and F-1. Hmmm,,, maybe next time I should try my 415 in GT1 in Laurel. Hey Justin, wanna set it up???

By the way, wher does it say that you have to use a Tmiya body only other than in GT3? On the blurb on the bottom of the rules, it says that as in the past you can use any sedan or touring car body at the nationals. Is that really any body?
Old 03-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by The Junior
Big Congrads to everyone who won and all the best of shows, this was one of the best races I have been to. I was glad to make all the kids happy and hopefully they can be at next years tamiya race and winning the kits in the future. I didnt know that a Take Off 27 and an HPI Yellow insert was a super secret but I guess it was lol. I lent a set of tires to someone to run as well as a CO27 and C2 motor but I had a blast and cant wait to do it all again next year.
Hey Mike. There is a race up in Milwaukee WI called the stock rubber tire nationals that will be held April 29-30 it will use the same format the GP Batteries World Cup used in Swizterland in December of 2005 if you want more information click this link
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=104835&page=2

Hope to see you there.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for the double message folks
Old 03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Leester
Hey Mike. There is a race up in Milwaukee WI called the stock rubber tire nationals that will be held April 29-30 it will use the same format the GP Batteries World Cup used in Swizterland in December of 2005 if you want more information click this link
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=104835&page=2

Hope to see you there.
Yeah I have thought about going to that is it a saturday and sunday race? Should be fun if I can go although ive never raced rubbers on carpet but this would be good practice for vegas and im running stock rubber there but we will see thanks for the link
Old 03-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are the Hickmeisters going to Memphis?

I am looking forward to my round 3 battle with them. . .

Congrats to the MD winners.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Junior
is it a saturday and sunday race?

Yes it is. It will be held at trackside hobbies and raceway April 29-30 on saturyday and sunday. See you there!

-Lee
Old 03-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ron Zee
you can use Take Offs?
he ment the inserts from a take-off.

or was he running take-off wheel and tire set
that would have been a no-no because of the rules

he was on tamiya rubber
Old 03-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Zee
By the way, wher does it say that you have to use a Tmiya body only other than in GT3? On the blurb on the bottom of the rules, it says that as in the past you can use any sedan or touring car body at the nationals. Is that really any body?
You need to look back at the very first rules......

1. Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified here.

2. Any manufacturer’s electronic speed control, radio equipment, servo saver, antenna, antenna mount, pinion and spur gears, spur gear adapter, ball bearing, tire inserts are allowed in all classes.

Note: no mention of other manufacture bodies allowed.

New for the 2006 Finals:
1. The GT-1 class will be allowed to use any sports car or touring car body as usual.
2. The GT2 class will be limited to 4 door touring car bodies and 2 door sedan bodies only. Sports car bodies are not allowed.
Remember! This does not affect regional races!

When they say "any", they mean Tamiya.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys!
Congrats to all of the TCS winners thus far, especially to the Best of Show entrants. BTW, did anyone get some good pics of the BoS winner's cars? It would be great if someone would post them.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

We are looking foward to hosting a TCS Regional here in Memphis April 30th. This will be the first time we have run the race this early, usually it is in the heat of July. On our website, www.msra-racing.com you can see pics from the 2003-2005 TCS races held in Memphis. Our club will also hold a race on Saturday April 29th on the same layout that will be used on Sunday April 30th.

See you here in a cooler time of the year!

Brandon Henderson

Last edited by BHenderson; 03-21-2006 at 09:11 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.