Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default TCS race Numbers

Does any one know where I can find the Race number and locations for all the TCs races held over the last 11 years? I know tamiya has them back to 2001 or so, but I can't find anything proir to that. Thanks

Dish,
The Hickmans had the staging area at Wisconson as well. Way to take up 5 pit spots for 2 racers with one car each. Nicely played.

Erik
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know that is not happening at our race in Frederick, all the guys are geting 31" of pit space and thats it! That does include a top level of pit space for your chargeing equiptment.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
Does any one know where I can find the Race number and locations for all the TCs races held over the last 11 years? I know tamiya has them back to 2001 or so, but I can't find anything proir to that. Thanks

Dish,
The Hickmans had the staging area at Wisconson as well. Way to take up 5 pit spots for 2 racers with one car each. Nicely played.

Erik
Erik,

Is there a specific race you are looking for?
I can probably find about 70% of them, mostly the top dogs....
Personally I do have a few of the printouts on top of that.
It takes a little work to pull it together though.

WoW 5 pit spaces for 2 people 2 cars total!?!?!?!......
I knew I was doing something wrong with 3 cars & my neighbor 2 cars (5 cars total) we used 3 pit spots (I did share 1 spot).
I was ready and setup for 1 spot which never happened, lucky me, I did shower too... lol.
Even gave my neighbors across from me tons of shelf space. Felt like I was building a high-rise.....

Oh well that part of my season is over, onto pavement.....

Jeff
Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Jeff,
I am looking for the numbers from 1999 Trackside race(I think it was in Nov of 99 as part of the 2000 season) through 2001 at Trackside. I am thinking if I can get a few of the race numbers around the races I attended, I could figure out which ones I attended and add the details to my records.
Thanks

The Hickman's did have that nice pit area, but in all fairness, the pits had plenty of extra space at both OH and WI so I wouldn't sweat it.

Erik
Old 03-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well guys and gals...............I think we had a head count of 157 entries at our first race in Frederick Md. we started at 11:30 and ended the last race around 9:30 pm. All went well and I want to thank all that attended. There is already talk of having another next year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

yea that was lots of fun i think we need to thank ricard for letting us have the race
Old 03-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Man, I gotta hand it to you guys... EXCELLENT show, and a great facility. Wish this event was more than once a year.

And of course, being the only long-wheelbase Mini in the A-main (or the top 20 for that matter). Gotta love Paul's comments about that.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great race this weekend in Freredick. Paul, you and Richard really pulled this one off. Super Mains, too- especially GT1, GT2 and Mini.

Looking forward to seeing more of my TCS buddies in Seattle at the end of the month!

Later
Doc
Old 03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey Dishman:

Bruce and I brought our 18 wheeler transport and the Featherlite Motor Home to Frederick, Md but it was still not enough to beat the Frederick professional's this weekend we finished 2nd and 3rd in the GT2 A Main.
There seems to be a pattern brewing at the TCS races this year, If the local proffesional's show up and run there test 20,000 laps and pack after after pack you are going to have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd because it is almost next to impossible to get the correct tire/insert combo to be as quick as them.

I guess it now boils down to building my own indoor/outdoor test track (Fiorano) like the Ferrari F1 team to be competitive!!!!
Maybe I can call it (HICKAMHEIM)

Bruce and I need to meet with the sponsors to have some money printed to be more competitive.

SH
Old 03-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Hey Dishman:

Bruce and I brought our 18 wheeler transport and the Featherlite Motor Home to Frederick, Md but it was still not enough to beat the Frederick professional's this weekend we finished 2nd and 3rd in the GT2 A Main.
There seems to be a pattern brewing at the TCS races this year, If the local proffesional's show up and run there test 20,000 laps and pack after after pack you are going to have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd because it is almost next to impossible to get the correct tire/insert combo to be as quick as them.

I guess it now boils down to building my own indoor/outdoor test track (Fiorano) like the Ferrari F1 team to be competitive!!!!

Bruce and I need to meet with the sponsors to have some money printed to be more competitive.

SH
He used B 3's with soft yellow HPI inserts.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Steve give the guy credit, besides I have seen you wheel the TA05 longer than he has he had 2 weeks on the car.
Congrats to all racers

Hey Dishman:

SH
Old 03-19-2006, 10:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Dishman:

SH
Wow this really surprises me with this post. Not what I expect from a former TCS race winner.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, Mike Jr drove an awesome and smooth race. As for tires, it was no big secret. He walked right up to my pit and told me what he was running the night before. So no biggie there. I just decided to run what I wanted to and paid the price for it. But oh well. There's always next year.

Anyways, I didn't get to run my TA05 in GT2. I let someone else drive it. As for GT1, seems like a few of us were struggling. I had some fast times on Friday practice. But the track changed soo fast Saturday I just slowed down. Congrats to Casey on his TQ and win in GT1. Also congrats to all the winners for all classes. And a big applause to Casey and Mike Jr for giving out their car kits to kids. They won GT1, GT2, GT3, and Mini.

Well catch yall back in Maryland in July... I hear there are a few grudge matches goin on (not in a bad way)....
Old 03-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Big Congrads to everyone who won and all the best of shows, this was one of the best races I have been to. I was glad to make all the kids happy and hopefully they can be at next years tamiya race and winning the kits in the future. I didnt know that a Take Off 27 and an HPI Yellow insert was a super secret but I guess it was lol. I lent a set of tires to someone to run as well as a CO27 and C2 motor but I had a blast and cant wait to do it all again next year.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KilRuf

Well catch yall back in Maryland in July... I hear there are a few grudge matches goin on (not in a bad way)....

.......and you're on the list!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.