Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need a nap....

Feels like the season just started then ended within a weeks time....
Old 03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dan-
I'm getting in Friday night, using only Saturday to practice...which should be plenty enough to get me in the ballpark. Give me a shout at [email protected] so we can talk about some of this stuff offline.
Later
Doc
Old 03-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Chris no issues there as long as you keep the Freq flier miles on the airplane and not on the chassis......

BTW if they release that rack it is going to be alot more than just a steering rack, main chassis and upper chassis all have to change. At that point it is close to saying new car so........
thats what i was afraid of. heh... no frequent flier miles with a stock motor... ONLY with a 19T

see you in two weeks.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool THE CAR DOCTOR !

Originally Posted by rccardr
Dan-
I'm getting in Friday night, using only Saturday to practice...which should be plenty enough to get me in the ballpark. Give me a shout at [email protected] so we can talk about some of this stuff offline.
Later
Doc
Hey Doc I sent you a e-mail !
Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Kahuna- Did not get it (unless you're TB). Try again at [email protected] and make sure you put something about RC in the subject line so that it doesn't go into the Spam folder.
Later
Doc
Old 03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool KAHUNA

It's me , Got it Doc . You Da Man !

Thank's
Old 03-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

For anyone from out of town who's heading up to the Seattle race at SIR on April 2, I got a great rate for the airport Hilton- $40 a night- through Priceline.
Sweet!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
thats what i was afraid of. heh... no frequent flier miles with a stock motor... ONLY with a 19T

see you in two weeks.
Chris you'd better represent cali. Bring home the the car kit to help pay for the travel. But, be carefull, the local guys will do everything to stop you from taking the win. In the main last year one of them stepped on my car and broke my body post. I think they were trying to do more. So, watch out in the MAIN.LOL
Old 03-13-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Chris, forgot to tell ya. Don't listen Difuser for set up help. He tried to help me out last year and all my car did was go backwards. I'm telling ya they'll do anything to win!!!!!!!!hehe
Old 03-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Chris you'd better represent cali. Bring home the the car kit to help pay for the travel. But, be carefull, the local guys will do everything to stop you from taking the win. In the main last year one of them stepped on my car and broke my body post. I think they were trying to do more. So, watch out in the MAIN.LOL
Juan,
When they stepped on your car, they were doing you a favor. They flattened the chassis against the ground and probably got rid of any chassis tweak that you put into it.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Originally Posted by linger
Juan,
When they stepped on your car, they were doing you a favor. They flattened the chassis against the ground and probably got rid of any chassis tweak that you put into it.
hmmm. maybe i shouldnt eat troy's cooking then? should be fun to run on a track that isnt Socal. i cant really represent all of cali.. but i can represent TAOB and have tons of fun
Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Chris the problem that happened with Juan's car was that I tightened all the slop out of it. I could not figure out how is car worked with his spring and oil combo, that is until I loosened everypart on the car at least 1/4 turn and put the camber links all in a different hole....... I think Troy used the shock oil for his fries he thought is was Heinz ketchup but Juan said it was In-N-Out???
Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Difuser
Chris the problem that happened with Juan's car was that I tightened all the slop out of it. I could not figure out how is car worked with his spring and oil combo, that is until I loosened everypart on the car at least 1/4 turn and put the camber links all in a different hole....... I think Troy used the shock oil for his fries he thought is was Heinz ketchup but Juan said it was In-N-Out???
from what i heard from juan... one his inserts was different to account for the long fast sweeper you guys had? he said the rear right insert was harder.. so it gave him more turn in or something or other.

was it heinz ketchup ... or JUFRAN?!?! now lets see if you know what "jufran" is
Old 03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS @ SIR

Hello to the SIR Gang:

The Hickman Bros will be coming to SIR I get in on 3/30/06, Bruce will get in on 3/31/06. Will the track be open for practice on 3/31 and 4/1 and what time do you open???

Looking forward to be running our TAO5's on your beautiful Indoor Track and Facility, do you have a restriction on Tire Traction additive i.e. Paragon, Niftech, Jack the Gripper ???

We will be staying with relatives that live in Sammimish. Is this not far from the track??

Steve.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Steve we usually open at 3pm. Doug is usually there earlier but no guarantees. The track will be open for practice until 7pm on Friday when we do a club race cost is $15. I am sure quite a few of the regulars will be running as to get that much more track time.

Additives: No Paragon ground effects that is about it for non-additives.

Sammamish is about 15min from the track in the evenings and about 45min during commute time. Also it depends on how far out on the plateau you are. you might PM CO Jones on here (Fred Forg) he lives out there and might be able to give you a few hints for shortcuts.

Bring the F103 out also. We should have our first 9 in this week and I think all are accounted for already. We are planning on running CS-27's and your choice of DTM or JGTCC bodies with black can but might go to Silver. We will run the class as a exhibition class for TCS also. Might mix in the GTP cars also. Plan for 8min runs most likely, we are talking of 10min runs for club racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.