Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
kevin.. relax dude. fred said its legal to sand down the sides in order for the new cells to fit into the TA04 chassis. i know this because i asked him personally before nats because i was going to use the TA04 and he said its fine. he said "just dont over do it." (then the TA05 came out..and well..the rest is history... well not really the rest. just the my TA04. )
No problem Hebiki - you caught Fred in a good mood then. When I asked him the same question when I was still planning to run my TA04 at Nats, he said "no modifying allowed".

jrighter - just answering your question slick. Where do you draw the line for a tech inspector to decide if altering outside the rules is OK or not. I asked Fred last year and he said no. Hebiki asked the same question and he said yes. Phone number and fax for Alieso Viejo office is on Tamiya's website along with a e-mail customer service link. Smart idea to get something in print, especially if you are running at a venue where the guy who says it's OK is not at.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the compliments! I borrowed an awesome car blewer is the man! So awesome I'm trying to duplicate it!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

John-nothing but love for ya-but yeah-that GT3 car you borrowed was UBER Dialed!! I watched the main and every lap I kep thinking-MAn I wish I was driving that. It looked so dialed I was green with envy. YOu drove great to now-you know I think so!!

SO now we both won a TCS regional our freshman year and were both hooked. Sophomore year I got schooled by Tolle, Rodney and Whippler!! NO touching there 10.4 and 10.5's!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

That car deserves all the credit, not me. The car was actually slow in the main! The owner of the car/batts told me a certain pack was his best so I ran that one.. Well he forgot to mention that it needed cycled and had probably been charged for 3 weeks... I'm not gonna mention any names.... LOL.. Even with that the car was effort-less. I don't even feel like I can take credit for the win. I ran one practice pack with it and only one qualifier. I am amazed of the handling with rubber tires. I think I might even sell the T2. It's like starting RC all over again!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrighter
It's like starting RC all over again!
hehe.. thats what TCS does to ya

doc... i got some spares ill sell to your DIRT DIRT cheap. ignore the price on there. let me know if you need
Old 03-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

I schooled no one. Qualified 10th and got lucky in the main. Although for my 1st race on rubber in about 5 years it was definitely a fun weekend and hopefully I'll make it to some of the other races.

John what was up with the Rookie award? Your no rookie.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the compliments! I borrowed an awesome car blewer is the man! So awesome I'm trying to duplicate it!
That car deserves all the credit, not me. The car was actually slow in the main! The owner of the car/batts told me a certain pack was his best so I ran that one.. Well he forgot to mention that it needed cycled and had probably been charged for 3 weeks... I'm not gonna mention any names.... LOL.. Even with that the car was effort-less. I don't even feel like I can take credit for the win. I ran one practice pack with it and only one qualifier. I am amazed of the handling with rubber tires. I think I might even sell the T2. It's like starting RC all over again!

The 04 can still rumble with the best of them.

Another satisfied customer..... NEXT!

Mr. Marshall I have not forgotten, I'll give you a call later this week.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

RTolle, are you okay now? You looked like you were going to explode after your victory.

Dual one-ways.....man I still think you're crazy!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't take the rookie award! I guess I was gonna get it because I had never ran a TCS?? Who knows. Yeah, here is the color of your face only you were smiling LOL

Originally Posted by RTolle
I schooled no one. Qualified 10th and got lucky in the main. Although for my 1st race on rubber in about 5 years it was definitely a fun weekend and hopefully I'll make it to some of the other races.

John what was up with the Rookie award? Your no rookie.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rccardr,
Now I know why you liked GT3. It is much more relaxing, easier to setup, less breakage and worn parts. I have done GT1 too long and probably needed a break from it. GT1 had always been a primary class for me.

blewer,
I had many reservations about my 04. Actually thought it would be 2 tenths off the 05 times at best. For GT2 I was able to turn the times that the 05s were. I just wish for the main my car did not get loose and really see how it could do against the Hickman strangler.... well there is always this weekend.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Well, actually it wasn't dual one-ways. I didn't feel comfortable in traffic with them so I took Rodney's advice and CA'd them Saturday night. The car became much tamer in traffic than it was. In the 1st qual the CA broke loose on the center shaft and I lost front wheel drive all together. Made for an interesting drive to say the least. Luckily Chuck had some kwik set JB weld which solved the problem. Otherwise the car was completely stock. Not a single aftermarket part.

I was definitely feeling the pressure. Being the home town favorite with everyone watching. Racing my 1st TCS race in a class I had never raced, with people I didn't know. Having to top Eli's performance from the year before. Starting at the back and having to chase everyone down. Having to work around all the traffic without mistakes. I just happened to get really lucky.

John, you should've gotten something to run GT1 with.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Well I had a great weekend racing with everyone. My 05 was pretty good, and I thought what the hell I wanted to try something on the car. Most people, my race mates included said why are you changing for the main, and I said why not I was currious about what the car would do, winning wasn,t at the top of my list. Besides that it was cool to see that someone took the lead from the back of the back and hold on to it under the pressure, it usually makes them step it up a notch, and they end up turning the fastest laps they ever did. Once I figured out the short cummings of my set up I think, I was pulling some decent lap times, so I am happy about that and I learned a few new things for the trackside race. Congrates to the winner he earned the victory.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Does anyone have a setup for the TBO2R running tamiya rubber on carpet?
we run the black can motors in GT2 here.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

any new bodies spotted in the GT classes?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RTolle
Having to top Eli's performance from the year before. .
Are you talking about Eli Ezra the guy that runs for the Serpent Nitro team? He should not even be running TCS..............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.