Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man I wish I was there too practicing!! But I found out whats wrong wit my car spinning out so fingers crossed.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any results for Cinci?

Thanks
Boomer
Old 02-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

M03 - Whippler
M04 - M. Masters
GT3 - J. Righter
GT2 - One of the Hickman's
GT1 - Tolle
F1 - ??
Spec - ??

Spelling ......

Last edited by blewer; 02-27-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blewer
M03 - Whippler
M04 - M. Masters
GT3 - J. Righter
GT2 - One of the Hickman's
GT1 - B. Bremmer
F1 - ??
Spec - ??

Spelling ......
thank you
Boomer
Old 02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Correction to the GT1 results. It was R. Tolle coming from the back.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pretty big pile-up in turn one of the GT1 A-main. Put many of the front-line qualifiers to the back of the pack. Thanks W.O.H. for a great facility to hold a TCS event. This track is top-notch in every aspect. Fantastic parts support at REALLY good prices, and smooth track. thanks Tom! I'll email pix...I've got lots.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Dish won F1 and had a Great battle with Dave Weir till a backmarker took out Weir. Another great race was Casey and Whippler in MO3!! Those were two very fast mini's.

I had a good time, despite being a complete failure

Thanks to Mark Rodney for the set-up. I wish I wheeled it like it deserved to be wheeled.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another great TCS race in the books. Absolutely a first class facility with top notch people- Tom, you did yourself proud. Many thanks to those who gave me helpful tips during my maiden GT1 showing- Casey, Andy, Brad, and a Big Shout Out to MPH, my Main Man Tuner in Milwaukee.

Some super racing moments, too: The GT1 A Main was that combination of first-turn mayhem followed by furious catch-up that always seems much more dramatic with the high horsepower cars...seeing Casey roll out in front only to have his motor start to sag at the three minute mark, with Weir stalking and Tolle coming on like a freight train---very exciting. Unfortunate that Mark and Wippler got together so early, otherwise it would have been a whole different story. The Mini A Main sounded exciting but since I was running in it mid-pack (not much excitement there except my multiple unfortunate tangles with the excellent Mr. Blake), I never got to watch the neat stuff. GT3...all I can say is that those guys have gotten seriously fast, with 11 second lap times that a solid GT2 or slow GT1 car would have been happy to see. And GT2- those Hickman brothers have moved from F1 to GT2 without missing a beat. Obviously the class of the field.

Let's do it AGAIN this weekend...AT TRACKSIDE!!!

Later
Doc

Last edited by rccardr; 02-27-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Absolutely a first rate event at a first rate facility. Congrats to the winners, wish I could have been a little closer to the front, but Ill be back. Getting home before midnight was good too. Thanks to Tom and the WOH crew as well as Tamiya for another great event
Old 02-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Again, a great event. Good to see over 20 M03's, a full heat of F1's, about 100 entries in all. WOH expanded the pit area from last year, so there was plenty of room to pit.

I thought M03's was the best mains race to watch. Whippler and Casey spent a good portion of the race neck and neck. I sure wish I could figure out what gives Whippler's car that bit of turbo boost year after year. His car just out accelerates everybody elses on a straight coing off a turn, just in the first 30 feet or so he gains about 3 car lengths on the competition. Other guys have the same top end (very fast, mind you) but simply can't match him in those first 30 feet. He and a local guy (I think) Casey went back and forth through traffic without skipping a beat.

Sure wish the F1 could have played all the way out like that as well - Dischler and I had great fun while it lasted, and it would have been fun to be real close at the end. I ate him up on one part of the infield section, but he then had me in another section to keep us close lap after lap. Hopefully we can have a rematch this week at Trackside. thanks to Doc Hickman for helping me straighten out an ill handling car throughout the day to a much better behaved car for the Main. Just a couple of tweaks here and there, and a last minute rebuild of the rear diff, made all the difference in the world. Those F201's can be so touchy on setup, it really takes a master setup guy to make them behave well.

By the way doc Hickman, you really had me fooled on Saturday. My GT1 with a 19 turn was turning fast lap of about 10.6 in practice , and you in your GT2 with a stock motor turned the same times - damn. Unfortunately, I didn't check out your tires on Saturday - then on Sunday all of a sudden you were at 11.0 laps as best time (still very fast, mind you, but certainly a difference). Only then did I learn you were running CS27's on Saturday and not Tamiya A's until Sunday. Let the mind games begin!

GT1, 10 guys in the A, 80 foot straightaway, too much horsepower, and it is common to have a first turn pile up. Both the eventual winner and I were lucky to sneak through and break away for a fun race - wish it could have been a touch closer. Congrates to Mr. Tolle, coming from the back of the pack to pick up the win.

Hope to see a bunch of the WOH race guys come to Trackside in Milwaukee this coming weekend. It is only a 6 hour drive from Cinci to Milw - not bad at all, we were back home before midnight. This weekend we have a two day format, qualifying on Saturday, Triple A mains on Sunday. I love those triple A's - seems that guys don't feel quite the need to win the only race, so take it a bit more measured leading to a cleaner main, and if you do get caught up in a bad mess, there is always two more races to put yourself up on the top. Practice all day Friday if you like. Setups should be pretty similar (at least in my opinion), a touch more traction, and bit bigger track. Pits expanded from last year, lots of room, full wall of Tamiya parts (at least is was before I left for the weekend). Scotty ordered in 100 pairs of A's for the sedans alone!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

The World of Hobbies did an awesome job! Thanks
Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

I have NO complaints from the weekend other than my driving cause my car was a rocket. I too would like to give a big THANK YOU to WOH and to Tamiya USA. I looked forward to this event since last year and was not dissapointed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tamiya TCS

I would like to ask for one change on the rules or some enlightenment on why the rule is such. What I am talking about is having to cut the body on the cutlines. I showed up with my NSX cut perfectly around my wheels with the full wheel/tire showing. I was instructed and did without question or even a nasty look cut my wheel well out to the cutlines. Rules are rules!! But I got to tell you-the body looks like UTTER CRAP now. Who races any car with wheel wells 1/2 wider than the wheels. I am too embarrased to run the body even in a club race. $40 body-done.

I bet theres no changing this rule-eh??

Ray
Old 02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Body DAMAGE!!!

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I have NO complaints from the weekend other than my driving cause my car was a rocket. I too would like to give a big THANK YOU to WOH and to Tamiya USA. I looked forward to this event since last year and was not dissapointed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tamiya TCS

I would like to ask for one change on the rules or some enlightenment on why the rule is such. What I am talking about is having to cut the body on the cutlines. I showed up with my NSX cut perfectly around my wheels with the full wheel/tire showing. I was instructed and did without question or even a nasty look cut my wheel well out to the cutlines. Rules are rules!! But I got to tell you-the body looks like UTTER CRAP now. Who races any car with wheel wells 1/2 wider than the wheels. I am too embarrased to run the body even in a club race. $40 body-done.

I bet theres no changing this rule-eh??

Ray

I think you got a tech inspector who took takes the rules a little to literally. They should know that all chassis are not equal especially when you can alter the wheel base length. I know on the Ferrari bodys with my MSX 415 the lines for the wheel wells are way off. I think you have a case as far as I'm concerned. These bodies aren't cheap and to ruin it by cutting the wheel well all up is sad! If Fred can hear us! HELP!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Had a wonderful time this weekend. It's nice to finally put faces to so many of the handles on RCTech. Nice talking with you Dish, Brad, Brothers' Hickman, and the rest of the guys pitting near the Hickman Memorial Staging Area.

Special thanks also go out to Tom for staying open so late Saturday for practice and getting me some parts long after the shop had closed! It took every spare minute to get the demons out of that darn F201.

Speaking of which, nice finally meeting you, Ray. I hope I didn't dishonor your old F201 with my 3rd place showing.

And lastly, thanks to the locals who told me about Perfect North and the Children's Museum. My family had a wonderful time while I played with my toy cars. Looks like Cinci is going to be on the family "must do" list in the following years.

Next stop for me...........Memphis.

Have fun at Trackside. Wish I could be there.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I posted some pics of the track layout for the March 18th race at Hobbytown USA in Frederick, Maryland.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.