Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can't use the F201 shocks on your mini because they are not specific for the mini. The f201 shocks are only specific for the f201. You can use any other Tamiya Touring car oil filled shocks ie the TRF shocks or the plastic oil filled shocks. besides I don't think the f201 shocks would work on the mini anyway.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whos running GT1?? Shout out? Defending champ Mark Rodney? Anyone???

Also-I am bringing my Trex as someone posted theres a field to fly in behind the hobbyshop? Anyone else bringing yours?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
You can't use the F201 shocks on your mini because they are not specific for the mini. The f201 shocks are only specific for the f201. You can use any other Tamiya Touring car oil filled shocks ie the TRF shocks or the plastic oil filled shocks. besides I don't think the f201 shocks would work on the mini anyway.
Rule 10 says "any".....

10. Any Tamiya plastic or aluminum damper may be used.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Then there's rule 17:

17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

I'm in for GT1. It's been a steep learning curve practcing with the 9x1 but the 19 should feel slow by comparison.

I'll have my MX400 with me all weekend. I was having some glitching issues but I switched over to PCM and no more problems.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Here are the most important rules: This is a race for sportsman drivers, you are not allowed to be sponsored in any way, that would be cheating.

Driver Eligibility
“Factory Team” drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacture or distributor as part of a factory racing team) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards.

Addendum:
"Factory Team" drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacture or distributor as part of a factory racing team, this includes sponsorship that entails monthly salary and paid airfare/ accommodations to racing events) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards.

If the host site deems it necessary, they may also bar these types of drivers from participating. This will depend whether the host site believes that sponsored drivers may take away the spirit of the event being for the average hobbyist. It is further at the discretion of the host site to determine which racers fall under these criteria. Tamiya America can not possibly know every individuals claims of being a sponsored or factory driver and therefore needs the judgment and discretion of the host site to weed out the factory sponsored driver that does not meet the average hobbyist criteria.

Host sites must be careful not to confuse racers that get a deal from their friends that are employed or work for so and so “motors R us” or a fly by night battery matcher as being sponsored. There will always be racers who will try and get a deal of some kind. This can not be avoided and therefore we ask for a balance as much as possible.

We ask that the hardcore factory sponsored driver not participate. An example of a racer that Tamiya America would not allow to compete would be the Jimmy Jacobson’s and David Jun’s of the RC industry. These types of drivers are clearly supported by a factory and would not be eligible to compete as Tamiya America supports their racing careers in all the above mentioned points.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Not sure, but I think #5 might get you....

5. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the GT1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the cars in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)
Old 02-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default DETROIT CREW

Hey Ray. The detroit crew will be there, good to see that you are going again this year, looking forward to seeing you again. Bring that t-Rex, I was also thinking about getting into helis this summer would like to check yours out.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Anyone here going to make it out here to Frederick MD for TCS? Also I was reading over the TCS rules for mini and even though I saw this nowhere in the rules can any mini type body be ran in mini class "IE" HPI?Or does it have to be a Tamiya body?
all tamiya.. all the time

more rules here: www.tamiyausa.com - click on TCS Racing.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrodney
Hey Ray. The detroit crew will be there, good to see that you are going again this year, looking forward to seeing you again. Bring that t-Rex, I was also thinking about getting into helis this summer would like to check yours out.

Awesome!! I will need some serious set-up help I am not joking!!
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

No problem ray I will help any way I can we will be there tommorrow for practice around noon, see you there.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Also running GT1 this year...with a 414M2
Let The Carnage Begin...
See everyone tomorrow around noon!
Later
Doc
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Doc,
what time are you getting in??
I should be there around 12:00 or 1
cya
mike
Old 02-25-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Found out from TWOH Owner last night, there were 106 PreRegisters for the Cincy Race. Should Be Fun Today!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gibsoneb
Found out from TWOH Owner last night, there were 106 PreRegisters for the Cincy Race. Should Be Fun Today!
Good luck to everyone. Wish I could be there..... See you all next week.

Boomer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.