Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Brad,
Bruce and I are only running GT2 @ Cinci and Trackside this year. We have hung up F1 and will be focused on the TAO5. It appears that Tamiya's focus is on the Sedan Racing? The F103GT looks like it can be a real neat class to be popular in the future. I still havre a ton of F103 parts left over from the old F103 days. Brad you and Dish and Mark need to come to Frederick, Md on 3/18 for the TCS you will really like the surface and the track.

See ya in Cinci this week.

Steve.
hey Steve.. sorry to butt in.. but if you guys are headed to Seattle for their TCS. DG said they'll have an exhibition class if 3-4 cars show up. just fyi. (for the new F103GT i mean.. )

- Chris
Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey Mike, forgot you are SILVER on this forum...Yello on the other.

So it's dualing minis for you, huh? Sounds like M03 is going to be a full class, but M04 may be thin. If I run F1 I may let Mr. Ed run my M04, unless you pay me not to. Well, that is all dependent on him SHOWING UP.

Getting the last little details together. Excitement is building!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

[QUOTE=hickmeister]Brad,
Bruce and I are only running GT2 @ Cinci and Trackside this year. We have hung up F1 and will be focused on the TAO5. It appears that Tamiya's focus is on the Sedan Racing? The F103GT looks like it can be a real neat class to be popular in the future. I still havre a ton of F103 parts left over from the old F103 days. Brad you and Dish and Mark need to come to Frederick, Md on 3/18 for the TCS you will really like the surface and the track.

QUOTE]
Steve,
Sorry to hear that you have gone the way on Alesi, Hakinnen, and Mansell
I will not be able to make Frederick this year, I am leaving for Hawaii on the 16th But I will be at Cinci and Trackside, so we can catch up then.
BP
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey Steve.. sorry to butt in.. but if you guys are headed to Seattle for their TCS. DG said they'll have an exhibition class if 3-4 cars show up. just fyi. (for the new F103GT i mean.. )

- Chris
I know they have/are talking about an Exibition class to include the original and rereleased GTP cars (Jaguar X JR-12 , Ferrari F40 , Mercedes Benz C11, Mazda GTP, Nissan GTP)
I could be wrong, yes it does happen, that could include all direct drive cars
in GTP bodys like the Toyata GT-ONE, and the AUDI R8will need to talk to SIR guys about that, but as they say if enough show up RUN.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by crunchracer
I know they have/are talking about an Exibition class to include the original and rereleased GTP cars (Jaguar X JR-12 , Ferrari F40 , Mercedes Benz C11, Mazda GTP, Nissan GTP)
I could be wrong, yes it does happen, that could include all direct drive cars
in GTP bodys like the Toyata GT-ONE, and the AUDI R8will need to talk to SIR guys about that, but as they say if enough show up RUN.
now the question is.....where's the cheapest place i can get a plane ticket to seattle from socal?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by Hebiki
now the question is.....where's the cheapest place i can get a plane ticket to seattle from socal?
The last time I flew to race in Socal, I went through www.AlaskaAir.com
that was to Onterio airport, then drive to RevRace.
Southwest is always a good bet, but only if you book through www.iflyswa.com
I have always been able to beat the so called discount websites by going direct to the airlines web site.

Hope to see ya up here
Old 02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS Seattle

Hebiki,

If we can get the new F103GT by 4/2/06, maybe Bruce and I can be part of the exhibition race in Seattle ??? We think the F10s3GT is going to become a very popular car that "hauls ass" and is on a budget and very easy to dial in and go very fast. Can you imagine a 19t with gp3700 or gp4300 batteries in that light simple little car. I can imagine those car going down the front straight @ Tamiya and into the sweeper. They will be flying, can't wait for these cars !!!!!!

Steve.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by crunchracer
The last time I flew to race in Socal, I went through www.AlaskaAir.com
that was to Onterio airport, then drive to RevRace.
Southwest is always a good bet, but only if you book through www.iflyswa.com
I have always been able to beat the so called discount websites by going direct to the airlines web site.

Hope to see ya up here
oh yah.. im trying my best to get everything settled so i can be there. now i just gotta make sure mr. crabtree can pick me up from the airport.

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Hebiki,

If we can get the new F103GT by 4/2/06, maybe Bruce and I can be part of the exhibition race in Seattle ??? We think the F10s3GT is going to become a very popular car that "hauls ass" and is on a budget and very easy to dial in and go very fast. Can you imagine a 19t with gp3700 or gp4300 batteries in that light simple little car. I can imagine those car going down the front straight @ Tamiya and into the sweeper. They will be flying, can't wait for these cars !!!!!!

Steve.
Steve,

oh yah i know what your talking about! a buddy ran his group C car with a stock motor and that thing was stupid fast. i think it'll definitely make practice at Tamiya Saturdays a lot busier.

now if we can only squeeze in a side by side pack in that chassis without "re-engineering it with a dremel"

- Chris
Old 02-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone got a dialed set-up for a 415MS with old suspension???

My car was so bad last night all I could do was laugh as I drove it!! It was so bad I almost decided not to go to the race Sunday. Whew-I sure hope a miracle happens at practice Sunday morning or you guys will get a good laugh when racing starts.......
Old 02-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Anyone got a dialed set-up for a 415MS with old suspension???
My car was so bad last night all I could do was laugh as I drove it!! It was so bad I almost decided not to go to the race Sunday. Whew-I sure hope a miracle happens at practice Sunday morning or you guys will get a good laugh when racing starts.......
I don't have a 415MS, but with what little practice I have had with my TB-02 on the carpet here in Cincy, my suspension setup seems close, I didn't really have much in the way of traction troubles. Here is roughly what I have:
S-Grip Radials All Around
40 wt all around with 2 hole pistons. Blue Springs in front, Red in Back. About a Deg. of rear Camber. 0 Deg of Toe up front and about a deg of Camber in front. Granted I'm running GT3 but it was navigating to turns very well with no traction additives on the rubber.

BTW In Cincy, Friday and Saturday is all day TCS practice with the Race on Sunday, Sunday I believe the doors open at 7:30 and racing starts at 10:00.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you!! I might have found my problem...but I wont know till I practice again. Again-thanks. My set-up, camber, etc is very close!!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default MARYLAND TCS

Anyone here going to make it out here to Frederick MD for TCS? Also I was reading over the TCS rules for mini and even though I saw this nowhere in the rules can any mini type body be ran in mini class "IE" HPI?Or does it have to be a Tamiya body?

Last edited by speedemall; 02-23-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Does anyone here have a 53727 Subaru body new they want to sell?
Old 02-24-2006, 04:13 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedemall
Anyone here going to make it out here to Frederick MD for TCS? Also I was reading over the TCS rules for mini and even though I saw this nowhere in the rules can any mini type body be ran in mini class "IE" HPI?Or does it have to be a Tamiya body?
Has to be a Tamiya body.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mini rules

Please note m03 rules states that ANY dampers can be used. I guess I can use my F201 shocks on my mini.....

“Mini” Chassis M03 (Front Drive)

1. Any Tamiya “M” chassis car of front drive type (M01, M03, M0-3L).

2. Tamiya Hop-Ups only allowed.

3. No chassis lightening allowed.

4. A proper mini body must be used with its proper mini chassis. I.E. (FWD front wheel drive body must be used with front-drive chassis. RWD rear wheel drive body must be used with rear wheel chassis)

5. Cars may run any Tamiya tires designed to fit the "M" chassis as long as the tires and wheels conform to the scale look of the body. Running 26mm sedan wheels and tires on a Mini Cooper body would be an example of what wouldn't be allowed. The Porsche Boxster, Porsche 911, Mercedes SLK, BMW M Roadster and Honda S2000 may only use wheels and tires that are of the 26mm type. These cars may only be used in the “Rear Wheel Drive” M-Chassis class.

6. 24mm wheels and tires are not legal.

7. The use of tires of different sizes (diameter) on the front and rear of the car is not allowed i.e. standard M chassis tires on the rear and M-chassis 60D’s on the front.

8. Kit type closed-endbell, silver can motor only (Mabuchi or Johnson) must be used for this class.

9. New for 2006: It is now allowed to use the maximum pinion gear size on all front-drive Mini cars. I.E. 20-tooth on the M03 would be the maximum pinion allowed.

10. Any Tamiya plastic or aluminum damper may be used.

11. Any Tamiya short or regular size spring may be used.

General rules:

All Vehicles
1. Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified here.

2. Any manufacturer’s electronic speed control, radio equipment, servo saver, antenna, antenna mount, pinion and spur gears, spur gear adapter, ball bearing, tire inserts are allowed in all classes.

3. A 27 MHz or 75 MHz radio system must be used. A minimum of 2 frequencies is required for use at the events. Spektrum systems are also allowed.

4. The batteries that are allowed for the 2006 season are: Sanyo NI-CD 2400, Sanyo NI-MH HV 3000, 3300 & 3600, Panasonic 3000 Ultra Metal Hydride, Panasonic 3000 Stock Metal Hydride, GP (Gold Peak) 3300 & 3700, Intellect Batteries 3600, 3800 and LRP 3700, EPIC 3800. LIPO batteries are not legal at this time. Sport packs that are readily available at hobby stores are legal as long as they are assembled from the general hobby industry i.e. Orion, Peak, Reedy, Duratrax, Dynamite, Trinity and Hobbico. Batteries that are purchased direct from Sanyo, Panasonic or Gold Peak that have no hobby industry branding are not legal. These batteries include those that are used in power tools and have a solid colored shrink-wrapping to them. Racers that still own batteries such as the Sanyo NI-CD 2000, 1400, 1700 or 1200 are allowed as long as they have the original hobby industry shrink wrap.

5. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the GT1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the cars in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)

6. All bodies must be painted and must be cut along the trim lines. No extra vents or holes may be added to the body. (In the F-1 class the top air scoop may be drilled for cooling)

7. NEW RULES FOR 2006 Concourse: A body submitted for concourse consideration must be mounted on a fully assembled operational chassis that is entered in the race event. The body is not required to run in a heat race. Concourse bodies, if raced, must comply with all other rules and may not enhance the performance of the vehicle. Concourse winners must demonstrate that their vehicles are functional. Serious contenders for concourse (Best of Show) should be ready to demonstrate the vehicles’ functionality during or after judging if requested. Dioramas or extra figures are not allowed during concourse judging. You may only enter a best of show or concourse entry in relation to the class that you are entered in. I.E. A racer may not enter F-1 concourse and only race in the GT-3 class.

8. Any motor connector or direct hard wiring to the motor is allowed.

9. Any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed.

10. Tire conditioners are allowed on rubber tires in all classes, but may be restricted at certain venues. (some TCS host sites do not allow additives due to the track being indoors and the lack of ventilation)

11. Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal.

12. All bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching wings between different bodies is not allowed. In the GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3 classes only, part number 53470 (lightweight wing set) is allowed to be used for any sedan or sports car body.

13. Lightweight screws that are made of aluminum, steel or Titanium that are made by other manufactures is allowed. i.e. Any screw is legal. (Be aware! If you win the National title down the road and head over to Japan for the Tamiya World Championships, all screws must be TAMIYA screws only!)

14. The use of thin shims (available at most hobby stores and now made available by Tamiya) to space out the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks and wheel axles is now permitted in all vehicles except in the spec class. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is not legal.

15. The use of O-Rings on shock ball ends and camber/steering links is allowed.

16. Important announcement: In the spirit of keeping TCS Racing unique in terms of appearance to the public at large the Subaru Legacy B4 body (items 53727, 49374 & 53824) are not legal for all GT classes.

17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.