Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Can't wait for the Cinci TCS Race !! I will be @ Frederick, Md. this Saturday to do the final shakedown test before Cinci and to get ready for the TCS race there. Frederick is a fantastic facility and a great place to test a brand new car like my TAO5. Man the TAO5 is such a dream to set up and drive compared to the figity F201. Bruce and I are really looking forward to the TCS Season this year for GT2 or maybe GT1 ???

How about all the Cheese Heads from WI and the Motown crowd coming to the TCS race in Frederick on 3/18/06 ????? I know all you guys will love the smoothness and the traction on this great asphalt track !!!!!!

Hope to see everyone in Cinci, Trackside and Frederick !!!!!

Steve.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Anyone running GT3 in Cinci? Could someone let me know a good gear ratio? I have 58T Spur 22T pinion and it seems to be about right. I was curious if a lower or higher ratio would be better for a 80 by 50 track. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Can't wait for the Cinci TCS Race !! I will be @ Frederick, Md. this Saturday to do the final shakedown test before Cinci and to get ready for the TCS race there. Frederick is a fantastic facility and a great place to test a brand new car like my TAO5. Man the TAO5 is such a dream to set up and drive compared to the figity F201. Bruce and I are really looking forward to the TCS Season this year for GT2 or maybe GT1 ???

How about all the Cheese Heads from WI and the Motown crowd coming to the TCS race in Frederick on 3/18/06 ????? I know all you guys will love the smoothness and the traction on this great asphalt track !!!!!!

Hope to see everyone in Cinci, Trackside and Frederick !!!!!

Steve.

Steve,

You and Bruce running sedan.... Is it the end of the World?

I will not be able to do Frederick, I am holding out for Memphis. I bet at Cinci you could twist Jays arm to visit Frederick.....

Anyways looking forward to duking it out with you and Bruce in GT2 at Cinci as well as trackside.

Jeff
Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So now that I got this super trick, ready to fly F201, is anyone else running F201 in Cinci? What about the M03/M04 split?

Anyone have any clues on how the classes are stacking up? I'll bring the fleet since I'm driving, but I'd like to have an idea of what classes will be strong (and pick around them ).
Old 02-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

hello hickmeister im thinking about running gt2 so if you your going to run gt2 just remember ventura and don't blame me
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
So now that I got this super trick, ready to fly F201, is anyone else running F201 in Cinci? What about the M03/M04 split?

Anyone have any clues on how the classes are stacking up? I'll bring the fleet since I'm driving, but I'd like to have an idea of what classes will be strong (and pick around them ).
Being a local racer in Cinci, I can tell you of the local guys maybe 2 I know are running F201. There are probably about 6-8 FWD Mini's, I know there is 1 RWD mini i've heard of running. I don't know about the GT classes, 2 I can think of, I'm sure there are others.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jeff, I can't take it anymore...you need the quote in your sig line to be correct at least....

Call Mr. Plow, that's the name, that name again is Mr. Plow!

Sorry, but my original screen ID I ever used on a BBS was MR. PLOW because I had a plowing service at the time.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Gibsoned, I'm the only local running GT1.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by packafterpack..
hello hickmeister im thinking about running gt2 so if you your going to run gt2 just remember ventura and don't blame me

Ah yes, Ventura...."The shot heard 'round the World"....Didn't they scrape that guy's car up with a shovel????

Mark, you sir, are indeed "the MASTER"
Old 02-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RTolle
Gibsoned, I'm the only local running GT1.
I knew you were running, just didn't know which class, I'm running GT3, so thats 2
Old 02-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Jeff, I can't take it anymore...you need the quote in your sig line to be correct at least....

Call Mr. Plow, that's the name, that name again is Mr. Plow!

Sorry, but my original screen ID I ever used on a BBS was MR. PLOW because I had a plowing service at the time.
LOL

I was afraid that Matt Groengggg would come after me.

Last two seasons I have been plowin. We do corporate accounts like Wallmart, Sams, Dominick, Loyola, etc... It is kinda depressing to see all the snow goto Cheeseland or via the Kentucky turn pike....

I am almost giving up on being Mr Plow for now..... well for this year anyways.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Pack after Pack,

Please have mercy on a poor little racer like myself, this is my 1st attempt @ Sedan racing and I sure don't want my new TAO5 to be put back into the "KIT" form by your self. Remebering back to the race in Ventura, in all my years of RC racing I never thought I would ever see 1 car take out the entire 10 car field in the 1st corner ???? They had to stop the race while a D9 bulldozers scraped everything off the back stretch.
I remember the race director quoting "We those Parts in Stock"
Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Alright kids play nice, you dont want me to come back there (sorry, childhood flashback)
As far as Cinci goes its F1 and GT1 for me.
Scottys will be F1 and GT3 if I get the last part to finish the damn car.
RC Gary K- I could use some assistance on setup for GT3 as well as gearing help, as I have yet to run a Mabuch in a sedan.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So can any of the Cinci guys give me some ideas of what the family (wife and two girls: 3 and 5) should do while Daddy's playing with his toy cars?

How's the zoo this time of year? Any indoor playgrounds in the area?

Can't wait!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

I think there is an indoor playground across the street from Cincinnati Mills mall which is about a 10min drive from the shop. In total there are 4 large malls within a 15min drive from the track. We've got the Museum center ( www.cincymuseum.org) downtown complete with Omni max theater. It's in Union Terminal train station and the place is massive. Not sure what's going on at the zoo but heres the website (www.cincinnatizoo.org). If they don't mind the 1.5 hour drive. COSI (www.cosi.org) in columbus is really nice. It's a kid oriented science museum with lots of really cool stuff.

For the racers there is a sweet indoor karting track (www.competitionracing.net) in lawerenceburg. Little bit of a drive but well worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.