Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
TCS racing has always been free in the USA. TCS Canada you have to pay the entry fee. Legal kits are stated within the rules. If you order a kit from Japan or King Kong, as long as it fits the USA or Japan rules it would be legal.

If your kit is brand new, meaning 2006 era, you might want to contact Tamiya directly to see if it is legal for the race you are going to.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How can Canada charge and the rest of the world cant?????????????????

Take off ehhhh ..................
Old 02-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If I understand the question correctly, you are saying the host site is imposing different rules on individuals that did not purchase their Tamiya kit at the host site hobby shop. If that's true, they would be chasing out of towners away. Doesn't sound very smart to me.

We have a hard enough time getting locals out to race at some of these US regional TCS events, and imposing a rule such as this would make it even more difficult to get a good showing. In fact, many of us have NO local TCS venues to choose from.

I think Tamiya should look into this, as it does not sound as if it is in the best interest of the TCS.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
If I understand the question correctly, you are saying the host site is imposing different rules on individuals that did not purchase their Tamiya kit at the host site hobby shop. If that's true, they would be chasing out of towners away. Doesn't sound very smart to me.
I have not seen that in the races I have been to.

A person who might (if that has happened) would be Doc "MiniMadMan" Mertes.....

I have only been to two Canadian TCS races and they were a paid admission. I did win a can of paint, lucky for my I drove and did not fly aye....
Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Doc,

Guess I should have booked my room a couple of weeks ago like you. I was only able to get the Homestead Suites Hotel on North Brookfield Rd (only 8 miles from the track) for $40 a night. still beats the 75 mile drive though.

On another note, My son doesn't have school on friday so it will be a full day of practice at the track for both us on Friday without the long drive home. Can't wait for the race. Only 3 more weeks.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Each host country seems to use a slightly different set of rules. I've never been to a TCS race out of the country, but have heard that some charge an entry fee, others use spec handout motors and/or batteries and/or tires, have slightly different class structures, permit past national level winners to compete multiple times, etc. However, in the US, the race director always follows the posted rules (with interpretations as required) and I've never heard of anyone being disqualified because they didn't buy their kit 'locally'.

Skitee, unless you're going to a race in the USA, I'd suggest you contact your country's race organizer to answer your question. Otherwise, I think you;re good to go: if it's been in stock in Tamiya USA's warehouse, it's legal.

Later
Doc
Old 02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

TWO WEEKS TO THE U.S. TCS OPENER!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
TWO WEEKS TO THE U.S. TCS OPENER!
I cannot wait. Seems like it is comming fast! ! !
Old 02-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I just did mine a day ago. With taxes it came out to $34 a night... that is if you select the two star name your own price at $27......

I thought Katzer was taking a break from the series this year.... probably too much Champaign....... LOL
I'm not going to Cinci....I signed up for Trackside but I don't think I'll be going. In the midst of a probable divorce. Its not a fun time right now for me boys....

And Doc, if I were heading to Cinci, that would be north from here...Remember I'm below the Cheddar curtain now
Old 02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I'm not going to Cinci....I signed up for Trackside but I don't think I'll be going. In the midst of a probable divorce. Its not a fun time right now for me boys....

And Doc, if I were heading to Cinci, that would be north from here...Remember I'm below the Cheddar curtain now
OH man-what a bummer. Sorry to hear that my bud.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow, sorry Gary to hear that. Take care man.... hope you and the mrs' take deep breaths and can work it out.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Sorry to hear about that. The nice thing about the hobby you can drop it at anytime to address more important things. I hope you can get it worked out, especially if there are kids involved.

I know for me RC racing was part of my wedding vows.... LOL
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks. I don't know what's going to happen, I'm just preparing for the worst which seems to be coming. What's ironic is that we met because of my racing and she despises it...oh well, too many issues...hell, I don't have issues right now, i've got the whole freaking subscription...
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Can someone tell me the difference if any between the different Tamiya NSX bodies...

#50974 Raybrig NSX
#51192 Raybrig NSX 2004
#51220 Raybrig NSX 2005

Are the all really the same with different decal sheets or are the body lines/styles actually different?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Can someone tell me the difference if any between the different Tamiya NSX bodies...

#50974 Raybrig NSX
#51192 Raybrig NSX 2004
#51220 Raybrig NSX 2005

Are the all really the same with different decal sheets or are the body lines/styles actually different?

Thanks in advance.
All of the above are different. Subtle differences in rear section of body. '02 and '03 bodies are the same shape, just different stickers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.