Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Ray,

You are not running f201 any more ? How come the sale ?

Not to tell the sob story, but I am getting a bit burned out. I am selling off all my cars but one TC and one 12th scale. I will run the Grand Finale at the Gate and the TCS Cincinnati cause its so much fun. Then I am gonna fly helis for the summer.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Ray. Bring your heli to Cinci. There's a couple of fields around and many of us local racers have started taking them up.

There is also a nice little area behind the building to fly in between rounds.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RTolle
Hey Ray. Bring your heli to Cinci. There's a couple of fields around and many of us local racers have started taking them up.

There is also a nice little area behind the building to fly in between rounds.
I dont think I am good enough yet. I have had a CX and a CP and just bought a Raptor 30. I basically didnt fly the CP because I dont have the skill to fly it in wind and well, its OHio in February lol!!

Been flying on the G3 sim like a madman though. HOver, hover, hover, yaaaaawwwwnnnnn, hover sme more. Do some 3d and crash a lot. I might buy a TRex though!! I could bring that if I had it done in time.

Ray
Old 02-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Ray,

You are not running f201 any more ? How come the sale ?

TRUST ME-my f201 is my baby!! It sits in my home office right in front of my desk up on its stand. Selling it is hard, but paying for a new 30 size heli, radio gyro and servos aint cheap!!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello people:
I`m looking for a rebuild kit for shock`s, # 53571 What I need is the plastic parts. Mainly the cap eyelets and the thumb screw adjusters. Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mabuchi
Tamiya is making a new mini kit on their MO3M chassis. It is the Suzuki Swift Sport 1600. No pics from tamiya yet but here are two from suzuki japan of the real one to give you an idea.
here is the picture you are looking for courtesy of www.RC-Junkies.com:

Old 02-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Direct Drive

lets not forget this bad boy

Old 02-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Me Likes... I mean Me Wants both...... Ka Ching!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I want to see the mini without the body on it. Would like to see the new suspension that I will need to get for my MO3L. both cars will be on my wish list. can't wait to see how the f103GT car runs
Old 02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

I can see the F103GT pick up where the tracks left off running the F1 F103 on oval 10 to 12 years ago. What made the car popular back then was simplicity. At that time Sedans did not take off yet and people were tired of spending $$ their pancars. It was low but durable alternative.

It could be an excellent pavement car where people don't want to beat up their sedans but yet go faster than probably just about any mod sedan can yet with a stock motor. It is giving me the itch to convert my F103 to a GT, even if nobody else does......
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
It is giving me the itch to convert my F103 to a GT, even if nobody else does......
I already have a fully hopped up F103 I just restored last month waiting for the componentsto come out to do the same. May never take off but there is a very big nitro track close by that this would be a blast with a 19T in it. Might even be worth taking the Group C with a 19T there also.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Cinci hotel suggestions

Hey RCCARDR, the Master of Hotel deals.

Where you staying this year in Cinci? How much did you get it for?

Did you use Priceline (I never have)? Any secrets?

It will just be me in Cinci - Nathan's staying home, but should be at Trackside.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dave-
I got a room at the LIVInn Suites- same place we stayed last year- for $30. Used Priceline (it's easy, just check the two stars option in the correct geographic area) but that was over a month ago, so they may not have any inexpensive rooms left. Worth a try, though. Now all you have to do is convince Katzer to ride down with you...
Old 02-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Allowed To Race ?

Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Dave-
I got a room at the LIVInn Suites- same place we stayed last year- for $30. Used Priceline (it's easy, just check the two stars option in the correct geographic area) but that was over a month ago, so they may not have any inexpensive rooms left. Worth a try, though. Now all you have to do is convince Katzer to ride down with you...
I just did mine a day ago. With taxes it came out to $34 a night... that is if you select the two star name your own price at $27......

I thought Katzer was taking a break from the series this year.... probably too much Champaign....... LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.