Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've got a Ferrari F430 and some version of Skyline. I liked the neutral feel of the bigger body Skyline on carpet, but I've never run the F430 to compare. Never could get the hang of those NSX bodies.

So sign-ups are open for Cinci? I'm there!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What do you guys think of the TA05 with the Supra body? I want to get something that handles half descent, and looks cool for the Tamiya TCS.

Heres a link to it............................
Old 01-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be running a Supra at WOH in GT1. Seems to handle pretty good.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Dont call me Whippler !!!!. I'm kind of with Jeff, I could spend the budget to go GT1, but I am kind of tired of that class. I would run GT2 but I have never been able to make a ROAR stock run worth a damn. Besides running Mabuchi is 1 less motor to rebuild in between rounds. Actually I am running GT1 at Cinci. The rationelle is that I will have both cars prepared and wont have to try and rebuild 2 cars (F1i& GT1) in the 3 days between races. Besides it will be great to run with RCGARYK.
Thanks Brad, it would be nice to rekindle running with you like in the old F103 days, but more than likely I won't be running TCS this year for a few reasons. I have a lot of problems going on in my personal life right now that really need my attention or else it may cost me more than I am willing to pay. Plus, I've sorta made the agreement with my wife that I wouldn't go to Nationals this year and I know if I don't attend a regional I won't be eligible to go to Nats...if I run a regionals I know I'll be tempted to try to get there somehow. Plus, I just have not had anytime to develop the new car on carpet, I don't feel like buying 4 new packs, I don't want to take the Friday off of work, and more, and more, and more till it adds up to me wanting to run, but honestly not that badly.

Nexus, GT3 is very tough...arguablly the toughest TCS class because if you F-up, you can't motor your way out of it. You need to be smooth and efficient. I'll never forget the way people talked about how fast my 04 looked on track and then I let Doug Mertes race it in the 3rd A-Main at Trackside last year. He agreed, the car didn't feel that remarkable, it just went where you pointed it and rolled thru the corners efficiently. I've just been very lucky to make my way relatively cleanly thru qualifiers and mains ('cept in Cinci last year) and I spent a ton of time running my car in TCS trim to get it as good as I could. While I paid the penalty in week to week racing running a Mabuchi car vs "Stock" cars, it paid dividends in the end.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that Gary, even when we are not on track together, there is still some good old fashion chop busting. Personal stuff kept me at home from Trackside last year as well as the Nats. Believe me you are better off to tend to business at home, there will be other races. Remember Toy Car , Toy Track, Bowling Trophy. I will make it to both events this year, however I severely cut my hand at work yesterday requiring 7 stitches. I will be healed long before the first race, but it shoots the hell out of my practice and prep time. Cinci will be F1 and GT1 for me and Trackside will be F1 and Girlie Man class, I mean GT3. Theres a slim chance I might run GT2 instead of 3 but it depends on if I can find some horsepower in the ROAR stocks.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Usually my mainstay has been the Ferrari 360. Still have yet to try the F430 although I am thinking about getting back into the NSX, especially if I get an 05.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... !
Old 01-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
What do you guys think of the TA05 with the Supra body? I want to get something that handles half descent, and looks cool for the Tamiya TCS.

Heres a link to it............................
The ESSO Ultraflo Supra body / kit is a Japan release only. However, I think I saw the body set at Speedtech when I was there Wednesday. Check with Steve, he might have one. If he doesn't, he can probably get it.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Thanks Brad, it would be nice to rekindle running with you like in the old F103 days, but more than likely I won't be running TCS this year for a few reasons. I have a lot of problems going on in my personal life right now that really need my attention or else it may cost me more than I am willing to pay. Plus, I've sorta made the agreement with my wife that I wouldn't go to Nationals this year and I know if I don't attend a regional I won't be eligible to go to Nats...if I run a regionals I know I'll be tempted to try to get there somehow. Plus, I just have not had anytime to develop the new car on carpet, I don't feel like buying 4 new packs, I don't want to take the Friday off of work, and more, and more, and more till it adds up to me wanting to run, but honestly not that badly.

Nexus, GT3 is very tough...arguablly the toughest TCS class because if you F-up, you can't motor your way out of it. You need to be smooth and efficient. I'll never forget the way people talked about how fast my 04 looked on track and then I let Doug Mertes race it in the 3rd A-Main at Trackside last year. He agreed, the car didn't feel that remarkable, it just went where you pointed it and rolled thru the corners efficiently. I've just been very lucky to make my way relatively cleanly thru qualifiers and mains ('cept in Cinci last year) and I spent a ton of time running my car in TCS trim to get it as good as I could. While I paid the penalty in week to week racing running a Mabuchi car vs "Stock" cars, it paid dividends in the end.
gary.. hope things work out.. nats wont be the same without me hearing.. "those damn flippos" coming out of your mouth.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The ESSO Ultraflo Supra body / kit is a Japan release only. However, I think I saw the body set at Speedtech when I was there Wednesday. Check with Steve, he might have one. If he doesn't, he can probably get it.
I just ordered the whole car from Japan..............
Old 01-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
gary.. hope things work out.. nats wont be the same without me hearing.. "those damn flippos" coming out of your mouth.
Especially since there's really only one trouble maker in that group..well, no, Izzy too with his damned "SS-Arms should be legal on a TB-02 because they fit" bla-bla-bla thing
Old 01-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Anyone have a picture of this actual body http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=373&id=5843 as well? I was thinking of testing this body-if nothing else just for the kick-@$$ way it looks!!

Also-Tamiya has lot of sweet looking rims to match the Touring car bodies, but it never says the offset!! Whats the offset of Tamiya rims if it doesnt say anything? I am running the white 0-deg offsets and would like to keep it 0-offset. But I want my car to look more realistic for the TCS race this time and less like a Foam tire car if you catch my drift!!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

That is an Awsome Frikkin Body!
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=373&id=5843

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Anyone have a picture of this actual body http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=373&id=5843 as well? I was thinking of testing this body-if nothing else just for the kick-@$$ way it looks!!

Also-Tamiya has lot of sweet looking rims to match the Touring car bodies, but it never says the offset!! Whats the offset of Tamiya rims if it doesnt say anything? I am running the white 0-deg offsets and would like to keep it 0-offset. But I want my car to look more realistic for the TCS race this time and less like a Foam tire car if you catch my drift!!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine

ray..slotmachine...

not to rain on your guy's parade.. but the body doesnt "look" as awesome in person. i saw it the iHobby Expo. the flaps you see on the rear are missing (becomes part of the sticker set). the front isnt as "slammed" as it looks in the illustration.

and it does still have a molded plastic wing. not sure how functional it is?

ill post pictures over the weekend. im curious to see how it handles also.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
ray..slotmachine...

not to rain on your guy's parade.. but the body doesnt "look" as awesome in person. i saw it the iHobby Expo. the flaps you see on the rear are missing (becomes part of the sticker set). the front isnt as "slammed" as it looks in the illustration.

and it does still have a molded plastic wing. not sure how functional it is?

ill post pictures over the weekend. im curious to see how it handles also.
Promise?? I like pictures

But seriousely. Its an expensive body so any pics and handling feeback would be welcome. By the time I get it shipped to me it costs $40.00

If not-the Acura NSX willl do nicely.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Generally, if they are not marked with an offset, they are the standard 26mm rims. If they are the 24mm (Medium-Narrow as Tamiya likes to call them), they will have +0 or +2 marked in them as part of the mold.

Here is what the real Tamiya body looks like.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.