Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks for the update, Doc. I was a bit hesitant to buy tickets anyway with Fly-I dropping off the map. They were my low-cost option for Hanover.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does world of Hobbies have a website?

THX in advance...
Old 01-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Does world of Hobbies have a website?

THX in advance...
The World of Hobbies Website
Old 01-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
For those not following the RCO or Coliseum threads here, sounds like RCO is dark, their phone is cut off, and nobody can get ahold of the owners.

If you're planning on coming in for their 2-day TCS event in March, you might want to hold off on buying plane tickets and stuff until things are settled. Don't want to wish ill on anyone- Allison and Chris are great folks- but there does seem to be some question as to whether this race will come off at their track.

Later
Doc
Stick a fork in it.....

Actually their website sums it up better....

"Gone
The requested resource
/
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource. "

Maybe the C or another track can pick up the race, even if it is a 1-day event.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or have a 2nd race @ Trackside before the end of the year like we used to
Old 01-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Or have a 2nd race @ Trackside before the end of the year like we used to

Not a bad idea!! I was planning on TCS Cinci and TCS trackside this year, but the back to back schedule screwed the pooch.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

I'd like to see somewhere pick up the event if possible, but there's not much time to work with!

Man, this is a shame...
Old 01-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TCS at the Coliseum

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Stick a fork in it.....

Actually their website sums it up better....

"Gone
The requested resource
/
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource. "

Maybe the C or another track can pick up the race, even if it is a 1-day event.
Hello:
My name is Paul I am the announcer at the Coliseum in Frederick Md. The powers that be are being contacted to see what can be done about the upcoming race that is supposed to be held at RCO........Please be patient, I'm sure The TCS delegates will be making a decision soon on this matter.
Paul..............
Old 01-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just FYI for anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to race at the Coliseum in Frederick- if the TCS race gets moved there because RCO can't host it, you won't regret the trip. Only raced there one time, but great folks, GORGEOUS facility and a beautiful track and pit area. Paul Rush runs a good program and the indoor asphalt is so smooth they run 12th scale cars on it and they don't even chatter. Sweet, and only about a 25 minute drive south from RCO in Hanover PA. Out of towners can fly in to Baltimore. Like I said above, don't meant to wish ill on Allison and Chris and RCO, but if you gotta move an event...well, you could do a lot worse.

And then maybe the hobby shop will stock a bunch of Tamiya parts and GT3 will take off like crazy and a whole bunch of new novice drivers will come into the sport and...well, you get the drift.

Later
Doc
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I have my fingers crossed that it does get moved to the Coliseum... I've been looking for an excuse to go there anyway.

And if it's only a 25 minute drive south, that's nothing. I enjoy driving to races anyway, it's driving back that kills me.

I wouldn't mind hearing from Chris or Allison though, just to know what the heck's going on.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Just FYI for anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to race at the Coliseum in Frederick- if the TCS race gets moved there because RCO can't host it, you won't regret the trip. Only raced there one time, but great folks, GORGEOUS facility and a beautiful track and pit area. Paul Rush runs a good program and the indoor asphalt is so smooth they run 12th scale cars on it and they don't even chatter. Sweet, and only about a 25 minute drive south from RCO in Hanover PA. Out of towners can fly in to Baltimore. Like I said above, don't meant to wish ill on Allison and Chris and RCO, but if you gotta move an event...well, you could do a lot worse.

And then maybe the hobby shop will stock a bunch of Tamiya parts and GT3 will take off like crazy and a whole bunch of new novice drivers will come into the sport and...well, you get the drift.

Later
Doc
Doc

where do you get your plane tickets from? Cheaptickets? Priceline?

- Chris
Old 01-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'd be tempted but only if they change the date. My wife gets back in town from San Jose that Saturday and I fly to Idaho on Sunday.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS @ Frederick, MD

Hello All,
Hi Doc, Bruce and I raced our new TA05's @ Frederick on 1/7/06 for a shake down test race. The traction was unbelievable!! I and Bruce commented that this asphalt surface actually had more traction than carpet. We feel if RCO is a scratch then Frederick would be a fantastic venue! I talked to Richard the owner the other day I have been testing my TA05 there during the past week I assisted him in ordering some TA05 parts for stock and lobbyed for him to request to have the race if needed. We all really need to band together and let the powers @ Tamiya USA know that this would be a great choice for a alternate sight if needed. We also tested our F201's there last year and they were really hooked up also and there is a growing Mini contingent brewing there.

What do you think??
Steve.

P.S. Bruce and I will be @ Cinci debuting our new Team TAO5 Cars in GT2 Class.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris-
Typically not at Priceline or Cheaptickets because my trips are so tightly scheduled. Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz are all good sites, as well as the ones run by the airlines themselves. Plus I travel quite a bit for business and other stuff and build up the airline miles. Another good tip is to get an airline credit card, use it instead of cash, pay it off each month and get even more miles that way. You can often buy tickets at super low prices way in advance if you do it when they're having fare sales- just don't wait until the last minute or you get screwed. Got my Cinci and Milwaukee tickets last year at a great price that way. At the end of the day, though, figure on spending about as much (or more) as you'd pay for a nice R/C car for each race weekend trip.

Steve-
Heard about you and Bruce tearing it up with the TA05's. I think I'm going to run GT1 for the first few races (along with Mini, of course ) but those '05's look very nice.

Bill-
If the race gets moved to Frederick, my guess it would be a 1-day event, maybe even on Saturday like Atlanta was (they usually run their program on Saturday). I say...bring the kids!

Later
Doc
Old 01-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Hate to see RCO go away....Lotsa TCS history there and it would be sad to see them off the sched. But hey, that's a race weekend, and the "C" is an awesome track and the mgmt is definately up to the task. I agree with Steve --- Make sure Tamiya knows!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.