Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King of B Main
give it up or you scared to get smoked at tcs
I'm not scared of anyone. Especially with toy cars. By the way, who ever you are practice all you want. You'll need it!!!!!!!!LOL HAHAHAHA Sucker
Old 01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

good luck thanks for the help
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King of B Main
good luck thanks for the help
I'll pm you later with a base set-up. Do you like one-ways or spools.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone on here represent WOH that can tell me what traction compounds are going to be allowed for the TCS race? I checked the website and they reserve the right to allow the "stinky" stuff for big races. I'd like to know what we can use so I can start shopping. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

I'm a local down there. Planning on running the GT1 class this year after missing out last year.

They are not going to allow Paragon. Otherwise it's pretty much open. Most people use Niftech or TQ8.

The new pit area is pretty sweet. It's REALLY bright and plenty of electric available. Plus you won't have to walk around the track anymore. The track is also much smoother. The whole thing is held to within an 1/8th inch. It's like driving on a really big pool table.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RTolle
I'm a local down there. Planning on running the GT1 class this year after missing out last year.

They are not going to allow Paragon. Otherwise it's pretty much open. Most people use Niftech or TQ8.

The new pit area is pretty sweet. It's REALLY bright and plenty of electric available. Plus you won't have to walk around the track anymore. The track is also much smoother. The whole thing is held to within an 1/8th inch. It's like driving on a really big pool table.
Wow pool table

How did they fix the walk around the track? Did they get the building next door? I remember last years race there was a rumor in making an offroad track next door....

Last year I used the Niftech stuff with no problem. I did have some TQ8 but never cracked into it. WOH is on my schedule for this year, the owner and track attitude were pretty Awesome!

I just wish Tamiya seperated it from the Trackside weekend more. I guess we will see who the diehards are
Old 01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

If you remember last year right behind there spot in the building was a 20ft wide space that ran across the back of the track and pit area. TWOH now has that space and have turned it into a new pit area, stock room, and office. The wall on that side of the building has had 4 windows cut into it allowing a view to the track along with an opening for direct access from the pits to the drivers stand. Where the main pit area was will now be the overflow area.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For all of those folks heading to Ohio for the TCS race next month, I got a $27 room rate at the LivINN Suites down the street through Priceline. Not a fancy place but it's clean and the plumbing and electricity works...

Later
Doc
Old 01-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

more content.

not sure if you guys noticed this page?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=165
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
For all of those folks heading to Ohio for the TCS race next month, I got a $27 room rate at the LivINN Suites down the street through Priceline. Not a fancy place but it's clean and the plumbing and electricity works...

Later
Doc
Thanks for the info Doc.
Nice to have the same incredible options as last year!
Will see you at breakfast!

Jeff
Old 01-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sure thing, Jeff. Also got a similar super deal for the Trackside race: $35 a night at the BayMont Suites in Brookfield and $30 for the Ramada at the airport for Sunday night (I fly out very early Monday morning). Cheaper than the deal we get at the Hampton and the place is about as nice. BTW, did you see the Gigantic Bag O' Parts I posted on the Group C thread?
Later
Doc
Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sure thing, Jeff. Also got a similar super deal for the Trackside race: $35 a night at the BayMont Suites in Brookfield and $30 for the Ramada at the airport for Sunday night (I fly out very early Monday morning). Cheaper than the deal we get at the Hampton and the place is about as nice. BTW, did you see the Gigantic Bag O' Parts I posted on the Group C thread?
Later
Doc
Doc,
did you get that rate on priceline, because the chepest I was able to find was $72.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 01-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all,

Is it legal to run the TAM53470 Wing on the Tamiya bodies for TCS races? I will be running on carpet and was wondering if the Raybridge NSX 2005, Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GT-R R34 body and Ferrari 360 Modena bodies have enough downforce with the plastic wings?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

Is it legal to run the TAM53470 Wing on the Tamiya bodies for TCS races? I will be running on carpet and was wondering if the Raybridge NSX 2005, Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GT-R R34 body and Ferrari 360 Modena bodies have enough downforce with the plastic wings?

Thanks,
Ray
Ray,
Yes in GT1, GT2, and GT3.

Rule #
12. All bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching wings between different bodies is not allowed. In the GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3 classes only, part number 53470 (lightweight wing set) is allowed to be used for any sedan or sports car body.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Later
Doc
Doc, That is good to know.

Usually we split a room at the Courtyard on Bluemound for about $70 a night or $35 depending how you look at it. It has been a tradition since Trackside moved plus it has a jacuzzi / pool. If I was racing solo your deals are impossible for me to pass up.

You unloaded your group C stuff already..... I better not look your bag-o-parts might be too tempting....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.