Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
  #2686  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,275
Default

Originally Posted by King of B Main
give it up or you scared to get smoked at tcs
I'm not scared of anyone. Especially with toy cars. By the way, who ever you are practice all you want. You'll need it!!!!!!!!LOL HAHAHAHA Sucker
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
  #2687  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,277
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

good luck thanks for the help
King of B Main is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
  #2688  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,275
Default

Originally Posted by King of B Main
good luck thanks for the help
I'll pm you later with a base set-up. Do you like one-ways or spools.
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
  #2689  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Anyone on here represent WOH that can tell me what traction compounds are going to be allowed for the TCS race? I checked the website and they reserve the right to allow the "stinky" stuff for big races. I'd like to know what we can use so I can start shopping. Thanks!
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
  #2690  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
Default

I'm a local down there. Planning on running the GT1 class this year after missing out last year.

They are not going to allow Paragon. Otherwise it's pretty much open. Most people use Niftech or TQ8.

The new pit area is pretty sweet. It's REALLY bright and plenty of electric available. Plus you won't have to walk around the track anymore. The track is also much smoother. The whole thing is held to within an 1/8th inch. It's like driving on a really big pool table.
RTolle is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 01:09 PM
  #2691  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RTolle
I'm a local down there. Planning on running the GT1 class this year after missing out last year.

They are not going to allow Paragon. Otherwise it's pretty much open. Most people use Niftech or TQ8.

The new pit area is pretty sweet. It's REALLY bright and plenty of electric available. Plus you won't have to walk around the track anymore. The track is also much smoother. The whole thing is held to within an 1/8th inch. It's like driving on a really big pool table.
Wow pool table

How did they fix the walk around the track? Did they get the building next door? I remember last years race there was a rumor in making an offroad track next door....

Last year I used the Niftech stuff with no problem. I did have some TQ8 but never cracked into it. WOH is on my schedule for this year, the owner and track attitude were pretty Awesome!

I just wish Tamiya seperated it from the Trackside weekend more. I guess we will see who the diehards are
A-Ko is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
  #2692  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
Default

If you remember last year right behind there spot in the building was a 20ft wide space that ran across the back of the track and pit area. TWOH now has that space and have turned it into a new pit area, stock room, and office. The wall on that side of the building has had 4 windows cut into it allowing a view to the track along with an opening for direct access from the pits to the drivers stand. Where the main pit area was will now be the overflow area.
RTolle is offline  
Old 01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
  #2693  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

For all of those folks heading to Ohio for the TCS race next month, I got a $27 room rate at the LivINN Suites down the street through Priceline. Not a fancy place but it's clean and the plumbing and electricity works...

Later
Doc
rccardr is offline  
Old 01-09-2006, 05:20 PM
  #2694  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

more content.

not sure if you guys noticed this page?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=165
Hebiki is offline  
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
  #2695  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccardr
For all of those folks heading to Ohio for the TCS race next month, I got a $27 room rate at the LivINN Suites down the street through Priceline. Not a fancy place but it's clean and the plumbing and electricity works...

Later
Doc
Thanks for the info Doc.
Nice to have the same incredible options as last year!
Will see you at breakfast!

Jeff
A-Ko is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 04:33 AM
  #2696  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Sure thing, Jeff. Also got a similar super deal for the Trackside race: $35 a night at the BayMont Suites in Brookfield and $30 for the Ramada at the airport for Sunday night (I fly out very early Monday morning). Cheaper than the deal we get at the Hampton and the place is about as nice. BTW, did you see the Gigantic Bag O' Parts I posted on the Group C thread?
Later
Doc
rccardr is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 AM
  #2697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccardr
Sure thing, Jeff. Also got a similar super deal for the Trackside race: $35 a night at the BayMont Suites in Brookfield and $30 for the Ramada at the airport for Sunday night (I fly out very early Monday morning). Cheaper than the deal we get at the Hampton and the place is about as nice. BTW, did you see the Gigantic Bag O' Parts I posted on the Group C thread?
Later
Doc
Doc,
did you get that rate on priceline, because the chepest I was able to find was $72.

Thanks,
Larry
f1larry is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 08:08 AM
  #2698  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey all,

Is it legal to run the TAM53470 Wing on the Tamiya bodies for TCS races? I will be running on carpet and was wondering if the Raybridge NSX 2005, Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GT-R R34 body and Ferrari 360 Modena bodies have enough downforce with the plastic wings?

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
  #2699  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

Is it legal to run the TAM53470 Wing on the Tamiya bodies for TCS races? I will be running on carpet and was wondering if the Raybridge NSX 2005, Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GT-R R34 body and Ferrari 360 Modena bodies have enough downforce with the plastic wings?

Thanks,
Ray
Ray,
Yes in GT1, GT2, and GT3.

Rule #
12. All bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching wings between different bodies is not allowed. In the GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3 classes only, part number 53470 (lightweight wing set) is allowed to be used for any sedan or sports car body.
f1larry is offline  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  #2700  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccardr
Sure thing, Jeff. Also got a similar super deal for the Trackside race: $35 a night at the BayMont Suites in Brookfield and $30 for the Ramada at the airport for Sunday night (I fly out very early Monday morning). Cheaper than the deal we get at the Hampton and the place is about as nice. BTW, did you see the Gigantic Bag O' Parts I posted on the Group C thread?
Later
Doc
Doc, That is good to know.

Usually we split a room at the Courtyard on Bluemound for about $70 a night or $35 depending how you look at it. It has been a tradition since Trackside moved plus it has a jacuzzi / pool. If I was racing solo your deals are impossible for me to pass up.

You unloaded your group C stuff already..... I better not look your bag-o-parts might be too tempting....
A-Ko is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.