Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well that makes my decision easy, I'll only be doing Trackside and not Ohio. No way I'd be able to get a kitchen pass for 2 consecutive weekends out of town
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hmmmmm... I'll have to give that some thought, and clear it with the treasurer (after christmas, of course!). Sounds like it could be fun!!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im trying to get a large "contingent" / "crew" to go with me
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ahh...just record urself snorring, put a few pillows under a blanket and cover everythign up. She will never miss you.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

heheheh.... that might be true, but she sure would miss the 500 bucks that trip would cost!!

Originally Posted by charlie_b
ahh...just record urself snorring, put a few pillows under a blanket and cover everythign up. She will never miss you.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

I am surprised that WOH and Trackside are back to back.
It would be different if they were much further apart as far as distance goes. Hopefully I can hit both, although Trackside does have a stronger grip on me....
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My plan is to do the first 2, but it will be tight. Get home Sunday night and hit the road Thurs. night or early Friday morning. Hope I dont break anything, because there wont be time to order parts.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aparatchik
hehehe... no worries, even -I- wouldn't succumb to such willful destruction of capital!

BTW, am I correct in thinking that the only difference between the various M3 body sets (Schnitzer, Linder, Autotech) is one sponsor-specific decal sheet?

How much of a PITA would it be to repro the Linder/Jagermeister sheet?
Sticker sheets are different and I'm pretty sure the plastic wing / mirror tree is also orange instead of white.

Speaking of repo's, a guy on e-bay in Japan is selling a new bagged version of the Jagermeister BMW M3. I have seen the packaging before and it is an official repo from Tamiya but sold in Japan only. Kit has the body, stickers and plastic trees, just no hardware bag. Anybody got any solid hook-ups in Japan ?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nothing in the southeast...looks like Im sitting out...well I got an in the box refine 2...hmmmmmmmm
Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone is coming up to Seattle and SIR let me know and we can ask one of the local hotels if they can offer a discount rate. There are 2-3 good ones within 5-15min.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

I think I can do all eight this year.

Sad to see Atlanta go away without something to replace it in GA or SC or Florida. Paul, maybe can hitch a 'fly-ride' with a fellow Herc buddy to come to Memphis. If not, we can talk about taking that Refine 2 off your hands.

Neat that they put the four indoor tracks during the bad weather season (what's Memphis like at the end of April? It'll be weird without my shoes melting on the asphalt!).

At least with the Aliso regional at the end of July, we'll be past the time of year when they get that Marine Layer thing that can make it so cold, wet and clammy.

All in all, Mr. Fred, a lovely piece of scheduling!

Now, all we have to do is fill in that short break between the Nats and February 2007!

Later
Doc
Old 12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I was thinking about Ohio, but like many I can't swing two weekends in a row unless I make it one LONG road trip to the great white north. That one will take some thought. And then to see Hanover just a few weeks after Trackside. Looks like I'll have to decide between a two-day at Trackside or Ohio and possibly Hanover. Aliso in July??? I think I can still swing that one before the school year begins.

Paul, you gotta come on up to Memphis! I've got a spare room if you want to split the drive, although it will only cut off about 4 hours drive time. Or start watching the airlines for the discount fares and go north. I found a flight from Huntsville to Wisconsin for around $225 a few weeks ago, and Huntsville is no "hub". That Dodge will burn that much in gas just driving to Memphis.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
If anyone is coming up to Seattle and SIR let me know and we can ask one of the local hotels if they can offer a discount rate. There are 2-3 good ones within 5-15min.
i thought we were crashing at your house?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i thought we were crashing at your house?
I was hoping you had forgot about that......I'll tell Kris to start stocking up on food now
Old 12-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

It is funny. I miiiiiight be able to swing 2 weekends in a row. My wife was upset she could not do the Trackside weekend because it always has been a guy weekend, which I always stressed. Since she did do the Ohio race, I might have a shot, even though back to back, it will be brutal.... After that Memphis is calling my name, thanks to Jay Streetor....

Ohio is an excellent race. If anybody has any doubts, I would put it on par with Trackside. There were a few minor things but hey it was their first year of racing. Great bunch of guys!

Doc, 8 races, your a wild man! ! !
Old 12-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

That's Mr. Captain Wild Man to you, Birthday Boy!

Don't forget the Nats, which makes it a total of nine...only two of which (Hanover & Laurel) are road trips for me, the rest are flights. And, as an extra added bonus, the Nats are on my 32nd Wedding Anniversary...so you can consider my wife a saint!

So the season kicks off with Ohio, then a two day event in Milwaukee the following week, then another two day event at Hanover two weeks later! Like Brad said a few posts ago...hope nothing breaks!

Later
Doc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.