Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fred M:
Thanks for restoring my vacation
Being open Tues makes for much more fun, practice in the morn, beach in the afternoon
Sounds like MINI is going to be a blast in 06. Now to get a RWD car and see which one will be more fun.
To increase the no. of entrants for the nats, do you think we could run both classes like 3 years ago when Mini + another class was allowed?
Fred Forg
Old 11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
The Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari 430 are clearly Sports Car Bodies. I guess a list will have to be made when we get closer to Nationlas, but look at it this way. If the normal real life car is considered a super sports car then that's what we'll go by. Or think of it this way too. If in real life the car is a two seater then it's considered a sports car. A BMW M3 EVO III would be considered a Sports Sedan that would be legal for GT-2. Same goes for the Benz's. Get my meaning??
Thanks Fred........ I think the 2-seat vs. 4-seat example makes it real clear now.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nats rules may also be an opportunity to use some of those older bodies that people have been hoarding: the older Alfa, Mondeo, Nissan Primera, Toyota Tom;s, Benz ProMarkt/D2...stuff like that. Sure would be cool to see a field of all different bodies out there- just like the old days! And I'm good with using the black cans at the regional level just so long as we get advance notice and they can be purchased. But my guess is we're looking at the rules the way they races will be run. And I dig 'em!
Later
Doc
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Doc, I tried calling you at the office the last 2 days and after 3 rings I get a TON of static. It never even gets to Voicemail. It's odd. Call me at the office when you get a chance.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just to clear up the mini RWD rules it says max gearing will be allowed on all cars then on the bottom it has the gear ratios for all including the FWD cars is that just left over?

does the M04L and M04M both get to run the 21 tooth pinion in RWD ?
if so then is there any real point to the mo4m the L with full sized tires will have a major advantage.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:30 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get a clue Gary. Doc has caller ID and he's hitting the magic static button when you cal. LOL
Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
Nats rules may also be an opportunity to use some of those older bodies that people have been hoarding: the older Alfa, Mondeo, Nissan Primera, Toyota Tom;s, Benz ProMarkt/D2...stuff like that. Sure would be cool to see a field of all different bodies out there- just like the old days! And I'm good with using the black cans at the regional level just so long as we get advance notice and they can be purchased. But my guess is we're looking at the rules the way they races will be run. And I dig 'em!
Later
Doc
Are you kidding ! Those older bodies are too nice to thrash. I'm gonna keep my old one's tucked away. However, the older Lightweight Skyline may become as hot as finding B tires...........

I am looking forward to the new body rules. I just came into TCS a few years back and about all I have really seen run in the class is the Skyline R34, Ferrari 360 and 430, and lots of NSX's. Oh yeah, there was this one person that Hebiki refered to as a "brave sole" who actually ran a 350Z in GT-3 this year. Maybe Doc already knew something ?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm just gonna run something fun... Seeing that that's the main reason I'm running TCS, and since I really don't have any experience racing, I expect to be fairly slow & bungling. But at least I can look good being slow and bungling with a funky lid! Maybe a Lancia Integrale? A Linder M3?

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I am looking forward to the new body rules. I just came into TCS a few years back and about all I have really seen run in the class is the Skyline R34, Ferrari 360 and 430, and lots of NSX's. Oh yeah, there was this one person that Hebiki refered to as a "brave sole" who actually ran a 350Z in GT-3 this year. Maybe Doc already knew something ?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aparatchik
I'm just gonna run something fun... Seeing that that's the main reason I'm running TCS, and since I really don't have any experience racing, I expect to be fairly slow & bungling. But at least I can look good being slow and bungling with a funky lid! Maybe a Lancia Integrale? A Linder M3?
If you have a NIB Linder BMW (read Jagermeister), then I will be happy to give you a couple of newer bodies to look good while being slow and bungling. At least the Lancia will be good for driving over cars in the first turn melee.

Gee , can you tell I collect ?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

If Tamiya still made VW bodies I'd race my Bugs...I have mint condition "Old beetle" and "New Beetle" shelf queens...If the bodies weren't so darn hard to find I'd run em!

GT1 and Mini with bug bodies!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I probably have some old Merc, Opel and skylines tucked away fully painted. Some were concourse winners other fell out of favor with the likes of the NSX, 360 and R34. Should be interesting seeing the likes of the older bodies on the track.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Was Hebiki referring to me?? I ran the 350Z body at Fremont on in the GT2 class.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rto997
Was Hebiki referring to me?? I ran the 350Z body at Fremont on in the GT2 class.
i was referring to Doc Mertes not you RTO. i was too chicken sh!t to run the 350z. i didnt have enough wheel time with it. but from the looks of things.. Doc's car handled very well when i saw him run it.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Since the Memphis TCS has been moved to April 30th, does anyone know when the Atlanta TCS is going to be next year?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, I ran the 350Z Nismo (the long one with the tall tail) at Aliso in June last year. Nice handler, took second in Cincinnatti on the carpet with it, too (and Concours!).

However, I can tell you from experience in Atlanta that it does NOT handle well in the rain!

Later
Doc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.