Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
I for one would be interested in running the GT2 and Mini "Nationals rules" at the Regional event level if possible? (Sport Tuned, sedan body)

your thoughts?
I would be up for it................
Old 11-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I for one would be interested in running the GT2 and Mini "Nationals rules" at the Regional event level if possible? (Sport Tuned, sedan body)

your thoughts?
If they run the Sport Tuned Motor for regional races I bet they might run into shortage issues? Besides I kinda like the idea that the Nats will have different motors than what is ran at the regionals.

Since I have so much time on my hands, I was figuring out the body situation for GT2 nats (which is GT3 regionals), while watching Overhaulin.
Changing bodies could be a cool change for regionals.

And the weeners seem to be;

Opel V8 Coupe
Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM
Abt-Audi TT-R (SS)

The rest seemed to be "sports cars" or rally cars.
Although I am on the fence about the R34.
I would be interested in an official list from the powers that be when they get the time.....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I like 'em a-lot..

2 questions/suggestions....

Limits on the #'s on spec packs one can purchase?

How about Specing A's or B3's in GT2? They're readilly available and have great wear characteristics.
I agree.

Maybe limit the packs to 2 (1 might be too brutal usually GPs need 1/2 hour rest minimum)
and
Allow 3 sets to be spec'ed... leaving the tire spec'ed up to the individual.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Since I have so much time on my hands, I was figuring out the body situation for GT2 nats (which is GT3 regionals), while watching Overhaulin.

Opel V8 Coupe
Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM
Abt-Audi TT-R (SS)

I would be interested in an official list from the powers that be when they get the time.....

Speed has started running the GTC series this week (Germany) you can get a chance to see the real thing in action (Audi, Benz and Opel)
Old 11-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Speed has started running the GTC series this week (Germany) you can get a chance to see the real thing in action (Audi, Benz and Opel)
What week night and time are they running on Speed ? BTW - thanks for the foam tip at TCS a few eeeks ago. I still can't beliecve it worked.

The DTM series is arguably the best sedan series running in the world right now. If you read the drive line up's it usually looks like half are retired F1 drivers, and the other 1/2 is future F1 drivers, plus the 1 rich / well backed Japanese driver running the Autobacs car.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
What week night and time are they running on Speed ? BTW - thanks for the foam tip at TCS a few eeeks ago. I still can't beliecve it worked.

The DTM series is arguably the best sedan series running in the world right now. If you read the drive line up's it usually looks like half are retired F1 drivers, and the other 1/2 is future F1 drivers, plus the 1 rich / well backed Japanese driver running the Autobacs car.

OT in know, sorry - here you go!

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/183/
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

OT in know, sorry - here you go!

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/183/
Thanks JC - I know what I will be watching tonight at 10:00 PM !
Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari 430 are clearly Sports Car Bodies. I guess a list will have to be made when we get closer to Nationlas, but look at it this way. If the normal real life car is considered a super sports car then that's what we'll go by. Or think of it this way too. If in real life the car is a two seater then it's considered a sports car. A BMW M3 EVO III would be considered a Sports Sedan that would be legal for GT-2. Same goes for the Benz's. Get my meaning??
Old 11-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
If they run the Sport Tuned Motor for regional races I bet they might run into shortage issues? Besides I kinda like the idea that the Nats will have different motors than what is ran at the regionals.

Opel V8 Coupe
Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM
Abt-Audi TT-R (SS)

You forgot the new Audi A4 DTM, the new C-class DTM and old MBZ 190E Evo II. Also, you can include the Nissan Skyline GTR, New GT500 "Z", Supra, and BMW Schnitzer M3 to the list as well.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW
The Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari 430 are clearly Sports Car Bodies. I guess a list will have to be made when we get closer to Nationlas, but look at it this way. If the normal real life car is considered a super sports car then that's what we'll go by. Or think of it this way too. If in real life the car is a two seater then it's considered a sports car. A BMW M3 EVO III would be considered a Sports Sedan that would be legal for GT-2. Same goes for the Benz's. Get my meaning??
It makes more sense. Basically if it seats 2 or less it is out.
If it is a rally car I would assume it is out.

All these cars have back seats and are not on the SSC list.

Skyline R34
Opel V8 Coupe
Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM
BMW M3
Supra
Integra
Celica

It will make it interesting. That is for sure.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fabolousRC
You forgot the new Audi A4 DTM, the new C-class DTM and old MBZ 190E Evo II. Also, you can include the Nissan Skyline GTR, New GT500 "Z", Supra, and BMW Schnitzer M3 to the list as well.
I was mostly going by the current 2005 catalog. I could see many of the earlier models being added to the list. I was just trying to understand what would be legal. Looks like we have a pretty good list going here.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well Im official for GT1 this year...no more tub stuff! Refine 2 415 is too sweet!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

It would be cool if GT-3 Had to run a DTM or Rally body.
just my two cents

Do you think many people will run M04s????????
Old 11-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

i'm tempted to run my M3 body, but am afraid it's a bit too dear to my heart to wreck it! Are they available -anywhere- as a body set (for less than the price of a root canal)?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

An M04M with the 21-tooth should be fun on the outdoor tracks, as long as it doesn't rain! Now I wish I hadn't disassembled my M04 to rob parts for my M03L. There's no telling if I can get the handling to come back.

I guess the safe bet is to bring them both to the track and see how the registrations fall. If it takes 5 to make a class, we may not see the M04 run based on last year's entrants.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.