Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think a lot of people might not realize that if you are lucky enought to win the trip to Japan, then the GT-2/3 tub cars run a silver can Mabuchi. Since the GT-2 class is essentially not run at the Nationals, then perhaps GT-2 should become GT-1 with 27T 24 degree stock motors ?

As for tire rules, they should leave them as is. I have never had trouble getting Tamiya tires. But then, I don't wait two weeks before a race that the schedule is out 3+ months before to get my tires. Sure hate to see my 20+ sets of B tires go to waste if they do. If there is a tire rule change, it should be announced in '06 to be changed in '07. That allows us, and all the hobby stores who do stock Tamiya tires to sell them off or use them. If Tamiya allows any tire or changes to a spec tire other than Tamiya, then those of us who have stocked up and the hobby shops will have worthless tires.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the fact that we are here debating rules and classes for TCS.
TCS has been and is the best/ oldest touring R/C series in the country.
There will always be tweaks to the rules, and equipment allowed, remember when F-1 cars must run Tamiya foam, and NO compound !!
remember Rally !! , I have pics of a TBO1 in the air, off a jump all twisted !!
as for new rules ...
Keep all the Mini's together, it would seperate and detract from the class if 2 classes were offered
Tires, Keep them Tamiya.. I know sometimes they are short in supply, but they have always worked.
GT-1 19-t worked for them pretty much
GT-2 - GT-3 That is a good question , What to do, GT-3 should be spec and maybe place spec all together silver cans, any chassis.
F-1 wish 103's would come back with foam tires.

get the schedule out, so we can make some plans

What ever the rules I will be there, with my MINI
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree TCS is AWESOME...I hope I dont sound like I'm bashing either...I for one love and look forward to TCS moreso than any other race. I raced TCS, Snowbirds the Losi Champs and the ROAR Nats this year...I always look forward to the FUN ATMOSPHERE of TCS racing!

20+ B's...if you have that many sets you ought to make a mint at the race track!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Well since there isn't a schedule out there yet for 2006, let's talk about what we have heard on the locations from last year....

Trackside.....This one looks like it's gonna happen in early March based on the posts above.

Atlanta....I hear Fernando is committed to having another TCS. It will either be in the parking lot of his new shop, or possibly at an old go-cart track. No word on a date yet.

Memphis? I heard rumors that this location was "iffy" for 2006. I like it as it's a 3 hour drive for me, but turnout has been less than stellar with very few locals participating. Could it be the heat of Memphis in JULY? The threat of rain each year hasn't helped matters either. I hope they can keep the location, but a date change would be nice.

What else have you heard out there?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I had to make the rule decisions I would simplify them.

Gt1 27t open chassis (closer to 23 japan bushing)
Gt2 mabuchi tub.
Gt3 mabuchi tub (spec novice)
Keep F201
Keep mini as one class.

If there will be a tire shortage for As I would rather goto CS27s. Just because a few shops can get them does not mean everyone else can....

Offer new classes depending on interest. Creating a poll on the Tamiya site is not too hard to do. There have been many different classes in the past and usually they last 1 to 3 years.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

I talked to Fernando at the Roar Nats and he said he WILL be doing a TCS race...they are running at a Go Cart track but if you go to his website it looks pretty nice. Google up TFB raceway in kennesaw looks alright to me.

Thats the only track I KNOW of...any Floridas/Alabamas/S.Carolinas?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Whoa! They weren't kidding about a horsepower track! It's wide open from the looks of it. Must be one heck of a nitro track, but it's gonna be ill running mini's unless you have the magic silvercan "bullet" motor.

Ok, changed my mind on the new TCS rules. DEFINITELY BRING ON THE GAS CARS!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

How about minis with 19x just for Atlanta?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

No matter what the rules or the classes, TCS races are the best(always have been!) I am already preparing my stuff for the coming races. RCO in Hanover PA is scheduled for March 19,2006. There has been some talk of it possibly being a two day event.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone offer a 2-speed for the mini?

I've got to get up to some of these events where the turnout justifies a two-day event. It would be nice to have more than 3 cars in GT2, or 6 cars in GT1. Mini is the only class that consistently has enough cars to split the mains here on the southern TCS tour.

What are the chances of snow in Hanover in March? We're starved for the white stuff down here, and my wife is willing to plan a family vacation around a TCS event if there's a chance we'll be able to show our kids what real snow looks like.

I'm with you......I enjoy the TCS events more than any other organized R/C event I've attended. The atmosphere is totally different. I'm hoping to hit 4 races next year, if we ever get to see a calendar so I can plan it.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Minimadman, your screen name says it all, If you come up here, there will probally be snow up in the hills, or at the local ski slopes, ( within an hour or so )

come on, the more mini's the better, some of the fast mini drivers will be up there again this year,
Old 11-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Casey is right about the snow and the minis around here. Some of the biggest snowstorms for PA have come in March(3-13-93 we got 36 inches,minus 20 degrees,and 40+mph wind!) but who knows with the weather-might be 70 degrees this year for TCS. Turnouts are great-I expect 140+ people at both RCO and Laurel AGAIN this year.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

It all depends on the schedule. Too bad it's so close to the Trackside race, because right now I think we're leaning towards Wisconsin. My brother is moving to Northern Illinois, so I may go north to work in a visit.

I'm guessing Hanover is an indoor carpet track like Trackside? I've never raced the mini on carpet, so that might be a good laugh.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
20+ B's...if you have that many sets you ought to make a mint at the race track!
I actually do have that many. However, if Tamiya goes to a spec or non-Tamiya tire as many have requested, I probably wouldn't be able to give them away.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I've got to get up to some of these events where the turnout justifies a two-day event. It would be nice to have more than 3 cars in GT2, or 6 cars in GT1. Mini is the only class that consistently has enough cars to split the mains here on the southern TCS tour.
Consider yourself cordially invited to California then. In Fremont, we had at least an A&B main in GT-1, GT-3 and F201, and even a C-main in GT-2. In Alieso Viejo, there was a E-main in GT-1 and GT-2, and a C-main in GT-3 and F201. Mini also had a B-main.

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 11-27-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.