Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Hey Rod, maybe you and me should take a trip down to the 2006 aussie TCS nationals.
One of the best ideas I've heard in a long while

On another note...YAY! F103's are back on the attack! I can't wait to gets mine :

My current F103 will remain in 2nd place nationals trim haha.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Hey Rod, maybe you and me should take a trip down to the 2006 aussie TCS nationals.
And while you guys are there... I'll be in the Philippines... trying my luck at the TAC (Tamiya Asia Cup) series... Oh yah, my trip is most likely 90% go... family got a reuniun, just need to make sure it hits the race dates or else I'm screwed...
Old 11-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sorry to burst your bubble, unless you can keep your identity quiet (of past victories at TCS) you wont have much more luck with the Aussie TCS, as they too keep the fun in it with the "if you won it you cant win it again" rule. I personally prefer the rule. Ive gotten close to winning the national TCS in Australia, was fastest in stock all weekend, but if i didnt drive like a newb, i would have been in Japan in '03

Im now stuck with no bloody TCS. Now living in Calgary, and no one runs tamiya in the whole province. LHS dont stock it... narda. I have to fly to Vancouver just to 'qualify' and then fly to Toronto for the finals IF i qualify ..... Id prefer to fly to Seattle to race at SIR!!!

My Tamiya cars are still racing strong tho. I love the brand (i added the re-releases to my garage also. NIB Hornet/Lunchbox, plus im after the frog )

So does the TAC series allow anyone to race???????? I hope my only solution isnt to fly back to Oz to race
Old 11-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eeyan
And while you guys are there... I'll be in the Philippines... trying my luck at the TAC (Tamiya Asia Cup) series... Oh yah, my trip is most likely 90% go... family got a reuniun, just need to make sure it hits the race dates or else I'm screwed...
Eeyan,
Whatever you do, don't race Paphon's class. I got an E-mail from his dad. This past year he lapped the field in qualifying at the TCS asia nats. Then in the main, he broke the first two mains. I predict Little Paphon will be back with a vengeance next year.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nahhh... next year, little Paphon will grow up and start concentrating on girls like someone we know here did when he went from young unknown r/c driver to world famous(Remember R.F.? ) Who knows, Paphon's dad might even treat him to a nudie bar (like his dad buys him beer all the time) and he'll like it too much and quit r/c... woohoo... competition=done... whew... I'm thinking about this wayyy too much...

Going back to work... sorry...
Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

The ding-a-Linger is retired....?
I know my marriage sentance has a TCS rule in there.....

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:53
Old 11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Sorry to burst your bubble, unless you can keep your identity quiet (of past victories at TCS) you wont have much more luck with the Aussie TCS, as they too keep the fun in it with the "if you won it you cant win it again" rule. I personally prefer the rule. Ive gotten close to winning the national TCS in Australia, was fastest in stock all weekend, but if i didnt drive like a newb, i would have been in Japan in '03

Im now stuck with no bloody TCS. Now living in Calgary, and no one runs tamiya in the whole province. LHS dont stock it... narda. I have to fly to Vancouver just to 'qualify' and then fly to Toronto for the finals IF i qualify ..... Id prefer to fly to Seattle to race at SIR!!!

My Tamiya cars are still racing strong tho. I love the brand (i added the re-releases to my garage also. NIB Hornet/Lunchbox, plus im after the frog )

So does the TAC series allow anyone to race???????? I hope my only solution isnt to fly back to Oz to race

the guy who won GT1 this year won F201 a few years ago. and he's from Australia isnt he?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

i may have it wrong then... i think if you win stock u cant run stock, if you win f201, u cant run f201 or stock, and if u win gt1, u cant run the TCS. i could have it wrong.... not the first time lol
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eeyan
Just make sure that your pasport is in order, remember what happened the last time you tried leaving the country...

TC
Old 11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

i may have it wrong then... i think if you win stock u cant run stock, if you win f201, u cant run f201 or stock, and if u win gt1, u cant run the TCS. i could have it wrong.... not the first time lol
I think that is the way the USA TCS series should run it.... Then alternate around having the past chump winner go every 2 or 3 years. So I guess you can say Martin Crisp will own that ticket...
Old 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

:

Im working on it only a hop skip and a jump away from you LOL.
Hopefully more info will be soon
Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Scotty announced tonight that the Trackside TCS race will be March 3, 4, and 5. Practice all day Friday, Quals on Sat. and Triple A mains on Sunday. He beleives this will be the first race.

On a side note Marty Hagaman talked to Fred Today and the rules should be out by thanksgiving. The pictured F103 with sedan tires will not be out soon enough to be a class at the early races but may be later in the season (not 100% sure if I understood this completely when I was told this so don't hold me to it).

at least we have 1 race date
Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snopro31
Im working on it only a hop skip and a jump away from you LOL.
Hopefully more info will be soon
Sno if you need any help getting it set, let me know. Ive already got a few of the xray guys at our club looking over the TA05, now thats its getting faster. With a bit of pressure at the LHS, and a few new Tamiya kits sold, hopefully we can get a few more drivers in Calgary/Edmonton to run Tamiya, and support the TCS race meets. I have another two guys here in Calgary who should be very interested in the TCS in central Canada. Look forward to hearing how your going thanks Snopro
Old 11-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Default F103 Chassis

Hmmmm....looks a little like "Street Spec" revisited....Hey, thats OK 'cause its the F103 chassis!!! Simple,fast,fun---and the pics look like it has the O-ring mounted T-bar.....( but I'd expect that all the 103 hopups would be legal).

What about motors???? [whisper mode on] 4CELL 19T [whisper mode off]

....and my current 103 will remain in its '98 Nationals winning trim.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Doc,
Where have you been hiding? You know we count on you for all the latest F1 rumors. Yeah looks like the 103 is making a comeback. The word I got was that this is a concept to guage reaction, but it looks a little closer to production than that. I really believe this is the new GT3 chassis, because it makes alot of sense in a lot of ways. Hope to see you at Trackside in March.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.