Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Doesn't that speak to the level of interest in the individuals that are going to Japan in the first place? I'm more interested in any new parts coming out than how the US team does this year...
Hey Guys! You gotta support your USA TCS racers. Besides they have a very good team this year and one of them could win.

-Lee
Old 11-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Do I dare ask if Houda is taking the Dave Jun edition TA05 to the land of the rising sun?

Is there plans of a TA05 R or David Jun edition car yet? maybe i missed some info if there is i would like to get more info on the cars.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a Tamiya Worlds?

Well Tamiya USA for that matter likes to keep this dead-spot going.

It has been about 3 months since the last TCS race and will be 3 more months till the next one.....

We talked about many thing in the past months about rules and classes.

All I can say...

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:47
Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Scotty annouced yesterday that the TCS race a Trackside this year will again be a 2 day event. Practice on Friday, Qualifiers on Saturday, and Triple A mains on Sunday. The only class that is 100% a go is Rally on the Indoor offroad track (just like LY). He said the dates aren't final but it looks like it could be the first week in March. No word on the official Tamiya classes yet.

Get your rally cars ready for the dirt
Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sure would be nice to have a schedule. Those of us who have to arrange for time off well in advance or buy plane tickets while they're still cheap appreciate as much notice as possible.

Larry and A-Ko, please let us know when Scotty has a definite date.

Later
Doc
Old 11-16-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Is there a Tamiya Worlds?
Yes, its on this weekend in Japan.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

has anyone found a TCS Worlds results link?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Larry and A-Ko, please let us know when Scotty has a definite date.

Later
Doc
Will definately post it, I will make another call tomorrow to HQ.
I know Rally is calling my name even though running 3 classes was brutal. But hey it's Tamiya!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

OK all you tamiya guys ...... how do you break in a mabuchi so it has some speed......
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: Mabuchi breakin!

Originally Posted by wallstreet
OK all you tamiya guys ...... how do you break in a mabuchi so it has some speed......
Go to the TAOB thread and ask that question. All those guys are The Master's of Mubuchi!!!!!!

When I broke in my Mabuchi about 2 years ago for TCS, The trick was using salt water to break in the motor, used my pulsar set at 2volts and kept an eye on the amp draw and when the amps no longer increase, take it off. Then use motor spray big time and then oil the bushings and then put one drop of Tribo on the com and your ready to rock and roll!
P.S>THEN GEAR IT TO THE MOON!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester-111
Hey Guys! You gotta support your USA TCS racers. Besides they have a very good team this year and one of them could win.

-Lee
No Lee, that's the beauty of living in the US...you don't have to support anyone or anything if you really don't want to. Is some of this sour grapes that I'm not going, sure, I won't lie. But this year's Nationals was...lets just say the most fun I had at Nationals this year was going to Dromo 1...and that was the first night I was there. I know I am not the only person who felt like there was something lacking from Nationals this year either.

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Do I dare ask if Houda is taking the Dave Jun edition TA05 to the land of the rising sun?
Gee Brad, what do you think? Of course he is.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

I know I am not the only person who felt like there was something lacking from Nationals this year either.
Ok, ok I will admit it it was my fault, I was not there...

As far as the TCS Worlds I know in the past years I have tried to follow it or live vicariously through some of the other drivers. I did by the way enjoy Lingers novel about his trip. Unless there is a guy that comes onto the forum, there is no coverage, unless you count Tamiya Japan. You would think that with all the sucessful business practices Tamiya would step up to the plate.

I do think that winning the Japan trip is a bigger deal than it is treated. I would like to know more about the drivers or at least read an interview about each one...

I know the next time I go to the Nats my thoughts will be focused on Peterson's Car Museum, sneaking into Jay Leno's garage or getting insulted at West Coast Choppers.....

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:48

Last edited by A-Ko; 11-17-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I didnt think that Dave did carpet very well though, may not be as big an advantage.
I think that the trip is special, but the Nats dont have the same appeal as they used to.
Also, the guys that are going this year are kind of unknown. In alot of the past years there was multi year buildup to some of the winners. Alot of the past winners were pretty well known racers when they won. Of course I had the advantage of knowing who they were because I lived and raced in California for 2 years before moving back to Detroit. The only reason that I know Houda is because he was the smug little punk that gave me grief in tech the last time I went to the nats. Without going through the history again, I will say that they need to do something to make TCS special again, it in my opinion has become too mainstream.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

one other thing, I dont think that the rules are being held hostage. For that to happen they would have to exist, and at this point I would bet that they dont. Reason I say this is that in the past the orders for classes and what not have come from Japan AFTER the worlds or at the worlds depending on how you look at things.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

But this year's Nationals was...lets just say the most fun I had at Nationals this year was going to Dromo 1...and that was the first night I was there.
I thought it was building the TA05 at the weeeee hours of the morning prior to the nats opening? Gary didn't know you were still into r/c... How are you doing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.