Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Am I the only one who thought the rules for 06 were comming out in October??
Originally Posted by FMW 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
The temp S-chicane was thrown in there to mess up the locals. Believe me when I tell you that they moaned about it. Some of them who shall remain nameless called me at work and said "Are you kidding me" My response. "Sorry about your luck.
Look at this years Reedy Race. No Local won! Peter Robinson smoked all the 19T guys who run on this track alot. He was prepared.
Things will be different next year, have some things in mind and I will post it by October, but I assure you that people will still moan at me.
Can't win
You Sir are Correct. . .

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:43
Old 11-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Uhhh, that's how well you know me Jeff...Ask anyone, I've been a Bears fan since '84.

I think that is when many of us became Bear fans. Well at least you have the luxury to do some great shopping during a Packergame, when the malls become empty, unless you moved like Doc said.....
Old 11-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm a Bucs fan...but its getting tough...ol Gruden seems to be working voodoo and our team regardless of record...is not very good!

Lost to the Jets...after Vinnie had a year off. Lost to the 9ers whom were horrible (I thought) and had a rodeo Clown (no joke) playing QB! Carolina showed they really were the class of the NFC south. I wanna go back to the old NFC Central!

Coach Dungy...we are sorry come back!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Lots to talk about while we wait for the 06 schedule...how about a tenative teaser schedule...or just rules...FROG CLASS! GRASSHOPPER CLASS! I don't care...LUNCHBOX CLASS!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Lots to talk about while we wait for the 06 schedule...how about a tenative teaser schedule...or just rules...FROG CLASS! GRASSHOPPER CLASS! I don't care...LUNCHBOX CLASS!
Call 1-800-TAM-IYAA
Ask where the 2006 schedule is?
Ask where the 2006 rules are?

Actually we are reaching the earliest point of when they would post them.

I am not too crazy about the new divisions although the Bears seems the same. As far as Q-backs I don't think we even had a rodeo clown before Lovie Smith took the reins....

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:44
Old 11-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

I think that is when many of us became Bear fans. Well at least you have the luxury to do some great shopping during a Packergame, when the malls become empty, unless you moved like Doc said.....
I was 6 years old, Green Bay sucked, and the Bears had a great team with a lot of charisma. My all time favorite player remains Mike Singletary, and I actually had a chance to meet him in Chicago back when I was still working for RadioShack. I wore #50 when I played in middle school. What sealed the deal for me was when I was 13, I caddied the Lombardi Golf Classic and was assigned to former Green Bay Packer QB Randy Wright who played a horrible game...and stiffed me on a tip. His playing partner, who I still don't know who it was, felt so bad he too $100 out of his pocket and gave it to me, saying "Sorry he was a d^ck to you, you busted your hump kid".

And I now call Urbana home. I can't believe the Cardnial fans here. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to be honest.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Ok. Enough of this this Bears vs Packer talk. What's been going on with the Tamiya USA team? I havn't heard anything about them! I believe the race starts next weekend but noone on TamiyaUSA.com has said anything about it! I hear USA looks to be a good team this year. I might check the Tamiya Japan site to see what's going on. GO USA!

-Lee
Old 11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Sure would be nice if the Group C cars were chosen as a class in 2006. Anybody else notice that SpeedTech RC sold out of them in no time? I haven't seen this much interest in a different class in five years!
Later
Doc
Old 11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default new class

Yeah, I would like to see it as well. HOW ABOUT THOSE PACKERS

Just no more stick packs... please please with sugar on top. I hate making stick packs.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry, Tom...just no way anything but a stick pack will fit in that chassis...
Don't you have some left over from your Mini at the Nats?
Old 11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I was 6 years old, Green Bay sucked, and the Bears had a great team with a lot of charisma. My all time favorite player remains Mike Singletary, and I actually had a chance to meet him in Chicago back when I was still working for RadioShack. I wore #50 when I played in middle school. What sealed the deal for me was when I was 13, I caddied the Lombardi Golf Classic and was assigned to former Green Bay Packer QB Randy Wright who played a horrible game...and stiffed me on a tip. His playing partner, who I still don't know who it was, felt so bad he too $100 out of his pocket and gave it to me, saying "Sorry he was a d^ck to you, you busted your hump kid".

And I now call Urbana home. I can't believe the Cardnial fans here. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to be honest.
Wow Urbana. I used to have a bunch of relatives that lived in Champaign. That area is distribution central as far as the RC hobby goes.

I don't have a "favorite player" so to speak. If I did it might be Payton or Urlacher. Although with all the characters from the 85 team, it is hard to not pick more than one. I do miss seeing Singletarys crazy eyes on the line. Everybody was watching the 85 team in my school, I got hooked.

My only claim to fame a few years ago is going to a game and getting hospitality tickets at the Bears vs Browns game. I got to meet Richard Dent and Gayle Sayers. I was extremely impressed with Sayers and we talked for 15 minutes about the team at the time, like we were old buddies. I had to get a picture, it was too good to be true. That was the same game where the Bears scored 2 touchdowns with a minute to go to tie it up. They then won, in a 1/2 empty stadium, in overtime.

I am really happy with the changes they made in the coaching in the past few years. I am actually a Chicago fan and like the coaches for the Sox, Cubs and Bears. With the Bears I hope they can do well in the post season, I am not holding my breath.....
Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

TCS 2006 USA Rules Held Hostage, DAY:45
Old 11-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester-111
Ok. Enough of this this Bears vs Packer talk. What's been going on with the Tamiya USA team? I havn't heard anything about them! I believe the race starts next weekend but noone on TamiyaUSA.com has said anything about it! I hear USA looks to be a good team this year. I might check the Tamiya Japan site to see what's going on. GO USA!

-Lee
Doesn't that speak to the level of interest in the individuals that are going to Japan in the first place? I'm more interested in any new parts coming out than how the US team does this year...
Old 11-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

speaking of new parts...
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

whats this gone to football talk.com? come on guys, toy cars! isnt that the only thing? (JK) But it has been quiet on the Tamiya front. Are the group C's already sold out, or are there more coming? Do I dare ask if Houda is taking the Dave Jun edition TA05 to the land of the rising sun? I gotta admit that I am not as excited about TCS as I used to be. Maybe if some of the stuff we talked about earlier happens it will renew my interest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.