Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-07-2023, 02:56 PM
  #22516  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,348
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by quantum
If thats the rule, fine. But am I the only one who finds that odd? because the battery stay is not performance enhancing, it just holds the pack in. If there were a tamiya part that was designed for that purpose then we'd just use that. Generic screws and turnbuckles are allowed. In fact you could argue that lightweight, titanium, hardware has more of an impact on performance than a piece of plastic that simply avoids (and is heavier than) tape!
So is that the official rule from FMW? or is that our collective, educated assumption?

section 3 Vehicle Chassis

https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/file...s-962-7010.pdf
Raman is offline  
Old 07-16-2023, 12:52 PM
  #22517  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

In the formula one class is it required to use a Tamiya servo saver?
alphacat is offline  
Old 07-19-2023, 04:48 PM
  #22518  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I believe it is under the general rules before or prior to the sub rules and categorys so yes.
id have to go and double check
-Devin
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is online now  
Old 07-19-2023, 09:02 PM
  #22519  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
I believe it is under the general rules before or prior to the sub rules and categorys so yes.
id have to go and double check
-Devin
Thanks!!
alphacat is offline  
Old 08-19-2023, 10:38 AM
  #22520  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 3
Default

Heads up to everyone. The sign-ups are open for TCS Finals in Omaha. September 23rd & 24th. Hope to see you there.
SparkyMAH1971 is offline  
Old 08-22-2023, 09:30 AM
  #22521  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
IndyRC_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,358
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have experience racing in the GT PRO Spec class?
- Was the racing close/fun?
- What are the bare minimum upgrades needed (besides bearings & oil filled dampers)?
IndyRC_Racer is offline  
Old 08-22-2023, 11:20 AM
  #22522  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,348
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Does anyone have experience racing in the GT PRO Spec class?
- Was the racing close/fun?
- What are the bare minimum upgrades needed (besides bearings & oil filled dampers)?
Extremely fun, close racing! I’d recommend
1. adjustable RR arms for camber
2. rear toe up rights
3. Oil filled diffs
4. diff locker or spool (new part not sure if it’s been added to approved list)

Last edited by Raman; 08-22-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Raman is offline  
Old 08-22-2023, 12:02 PM
  #22523  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
IndyRC_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,358
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Here is a link to the rules...https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules/

FYI:
The last article 24 is addendums which added the Porsche 911 GT3 (992) to GT Pro Spec (8/21/23)
NutDriver likes this.
IndyRC_Racer is offline  
Old 08-24-2023, 11:05 AM
  #22524  
Suspended
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Looking to make the flight to Omaha for the final. I have never raced in a TCS race. ( Raced in a lot of other big time races ). I have a TB-03 I will be bringing.

SPEC Motor rules: Participants in this class must use the REEDY SONIC FT fixed timing, 17.5/21.5 motors. Item #’s 293 & 297 respectively. See the TCS Location Motor Matrix to see what turn motor is used, for each event. 11.4 No BOOST ESC (Electronic Speed Control) rules: Any ROAR legal, and approved, ESC may be used, capable of “Blinky-Mode”. These ESC’s must not use electronic timing (boost). See General Rules for ROAR approved “blinky” ESC list.

Which motor are they running in this class for the final?
Metalsoft is offline  
Old 08-24-2023, 12:49 PM
  #22525  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 3
Default

I am assuming you are asking about the GT-2 class?
For Finals in Omaha that would be the 21.5 motor.
SparkyMAH1971 is offline  
Old 08-24-2023, 01:06 PM
  #22526  
Suspended
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Excellent thank you. I wanted to verify before I started purchasing
Metalsoft is offline  
Old 08-24-2023, 01:08 PM
  #22527  
Suspended
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SparkyMAH1971
I am assuming you are asking about the GT-2 class?
For Finals in Omaha that would be the 21.5 motor.
What FDR are you guys running?
Metalsoft is offline  
Old 08-24-2023, 02:38 PM
  #22528  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 3
Default

I was around 3.3 - 3.2 FDR running in GT-2 in Omaha a couple weeks ago.
SparkyMAH1971 is offline  
Old 08-25-2023, 10:37 AM
  #22529  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (108)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,284
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

You might double check the rules. I believe for finals you have to have competed at a sanctioned TCS event in the class you want to run either in the 2022 or 2023 season.

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Looking to make the flight to Omaha for the final. I have never raced in a TCS race. ( Raced in a lot of other big time races ). I have a TB-03 I will be bringing.

SPEC Motor rules: Participants in this class must use the REEDY SONIC FT fixed timing, 17.5/21.5 motors. Item #’s 293 & 297 respectively. See the TCS Location Motor Matrix to see what turn motor is used, for each event. 11.4 No BOOST ESC (Electronic Speed Control) rules: Any ROAR legal, and approved, ESC may be used, capable of “Blinky-Mode”. These ESC’s must not use electronic timing (boost). See General Rules for ROAR approved “blinky” ESC list.

Which motor are they running in this class for the final?
Core Creations is offline  
Old 08-25-2023, 04:10 PM
  #22530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (108)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,284
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

I was off by a year (I think they adjusted it)
Core Creations is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.