Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-01-2022, 09:56 AM
  #22411  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,299
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Last I heard Nats was at Hobbyplex Sept. 16-18
robk likes this.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 05-03-2022, 06:56 AM
  #22412  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,347
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

https://tamiyaamerica.com/category/2...race-schedule/

Think it was shown on the other link posted in January of this year but I don't see it in this link right here. Hopefully I'm wrong!
Dan is offline  
Old 05-03-2022, 07:14 AM
  #22413  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,299
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default


Core Creations is offline  
Old 05-03-2022, 07:54 AM
  #22414  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,347
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Awesome!
Dan is offline  
Old 05-30-2022, 09:37 PM
  #22415  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 133
Default

There was a good day's racing at the TCS at RC Madness. ProSpec, Mini, GT2, GTE, F1, Novice, and Eurotruck were run.
F1jet_ is offline  
Old 05-30-2022, 09:39 PM
  #22416  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 133
Default

Eurotruck and ProSpec classes at RCMadness had the most competitors.
F1jet_ is offline  
Old 06-15-2022, 09:21 AM
  #22417  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 133
Default New TCS race in western PA at Big Dog rc

Any info on this race? What are the popular local classis at this track?
F1jet_ is offline  
Old 06-15-2022, 09:22 AM
  #22418  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 133
Default

Any info on the number of registered already and the most popular class/?
F1jet_ is offline  
Old 06-16-2022, 03:39 AM
  #22419  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F1jet_
Any info on this race? What are the popular local classis at this track?
They seem to be running Euro Truck, F1, GT, etc. I plan on running my TT-02 in GT-Spec Novice.
Jeff H is offline  
Old 06-21-2022, 07:18 PM
  #22420  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by Jeff H
They seem to be running Euro Truck, F1, GT, etc. I plan on running my TT-02 in GT-Spec Novice.
Thanks for the info.
Good luck, and bring that -7 along with you even if it just for display as it is amazing piece of Tamiya blue bling
F1jet_ is offline  
Old 06-23-2022, 07:37 AM
  #22421  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LA, Sea, LA, Sea, repeat ...
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Been away for several years, but trying to run the TCS in Everett WA end of July.
Would like a rules clarification:
- Interested in running GT2, but my only Tamiya sedan is a TT-02. Understand Pro-Spec is the other option, but I'd prefer GT2.
- Rules say only Tamiya upgrades, so with the Tamiya motor mount that puts the best FDR at ~5.7, competitive 21.5T sedans like ~3.3-3.7.
- Unless a different motor mount can be used, looks like the TT-02 can't be a GT2 car?
Any ideas on what's legal or options?
Thanks.
Dread Pirate is offline  
Old 06-24-2022, 07:58 AM
  #22422  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,299
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

If you're running the TT02 in GT2 you should be able to use any hop up available for that car. Part #54500 has an aluminum spur mount that should allow the use of other manufacturers spur gears. Follow the link below....good info on bigger gearing for the TT02.

https://www.thercracer.com/2014/04/t...ta-blinky.html

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
Been away for several years, but trying to run the TCS in Everett WA end of July.
Would like a rules clarification:
- Interested in running GT2, but my only Tamiya sedan is a TT-02. Understand Pro-Spec is the other option, but I'd prefer GT2.
- Rules say only Tamiya upgrades, so with the Tamiya motor mount that puts the best FDR at ~5.7, competitive 21.5T sedans like ~3.3-3.7.
- Unless a different motor mount can be used, looks like the TT-02 can't be a GT2 car?
Any ideas on what's legal or options?
Thanks.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 06-25-2022, 03:34 PM
  #22423  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My first TCS race was pretty fun! I was able to win Best of Show for GT with my Weathertech Mercedes GT3.

Racing on the other hand didnít go as well. This was the first time really running this car and had multiple although minor issues. First one was the wrong tire combo for the track. I was running Tamiya B3 slicks on 24mm wheels with medium inserts and had very little traction. I was unable to really get a good time in the first heat with the back end coming around the entire time.

I purchased a set of kit wheels and slicks and was able to get around the track much better. I was holding 3rd in the 2nd heat and then my servo saver screw popped out causing me to not finish the second heat.

All in all it was really fun despite the issues and next time Iíll be much better prepared! I was able to win a new Opel Body which will be next years Concours body.




lbckevin and 94SRUNNER like this.
Jeff H is offline  
Old 06-26-2022, 02:06 PM
  #22424  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LA, Sea, LA, Sea, repeat ...
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations
If you're running the TT02 in GT2 you should be able to use any hop up available for that car. Part #54500 has an aluminum spur mount that should allow the use of other manufacturers spur gears. Follow the link below....good info on bigger gearing for the TT02.

https://www.thercracer.com/2014/04/t...ta-blinky.html
Thanks.
Is the Yeah Racing Adjustable Motor Mount legal is TCS?

Case Against:
a) "Rule 3.2 - All Tamiya vehicles must use Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures are allowed, unless specified within this document."
b) Yeah isn't Tamiya; can't use the Yeah Adj Motor Mount.
c) Therefore: TT-02 FDR isn't competitive in GT2

Case For:
a) Other companies Spur and Pinion gears are allowed in TCS even though they aren't expressly listed an exception anywhere I can find in the 2022 rules (as are other parts like servo's, esc's, ...)
b) The Yeah Adj Motor Mount is part of using other companies gears.
c) Therefore: I can use the Yeah Adj Motor Mount to run my TT-02 in GT2

TCS ruling please?
Thanks.
Dread Pirate is offline  
Old 06-26-2022, 04:17 PM
  #22425  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,313
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
Thanks.
Is the Yeah Racing Adjustable Motor Mount legal is TCS?

Case Against:
a) "Rule 3.2 - All Tamiya vehicles must use Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures are allowed, unless specified within this document."
b) Yeah isn't Tamiya; can't use the Yeah Adj Motor Mount.
c) Therefore: TT-02 FDR isn't competitive in GT2

Case For:
a) Other companies Spur and Pinion gears are allowed in TCS even though they aren't expressly listed an exception anywhere I can find in the 2022 rules (as are other parts like servo's, esc's, ...)
b) The Yeah Adj Motor Mount is part of using other companies gears.
c) Therefore: I can use the Yeah Adj Motor Mount to run my TT-02 in GT2

TCS ruling please?
Thanks.
No, you can't use the Yeah Racing motor mount
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
gigaplex is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.