Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

702 Raceway has C tires and the TCS sidewall f1 tire.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am told an announcement will be published by Tamiya on Friday 3/6/2020. Tamiya C's sedan tires are now officially discontinued, are not order-able on the Tamiyausa.com website. (Yeah, I had just ordered a pair from Tamiya, I received them the day that the C went NLA on the Tamiya website - whether they will go back depends on the subject below). I am told that the replacement for the C, the new "H" will be the official sedan tire starting with the Omaha regional race. Yet to have been determined was whether old stock Type C's would be allowed for Omaha regional OR just require the new H tires. The H tire was called out in the current rules tire matrix as the tire for TCS Nationals in August 2020. Guess it arrived (and the C's went bye bye) just a bit earlier than expected.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
I am told an announcement will be published by Tamiya on Friday 3/6/2020. Tamiya C's sedan tires are now officially discontinued, are not order-able on the Tamiyausa.com website. (Yeah, I had just ordered a pair from Tamiya, I received them the day that the C went NLA on the Tamiya website - whether they will go back depends on the subject below). I am told that the replacement for the C, the new "H" will be the official sedan tire starting with the Omaha regional race. Yet to have been determined was whether old stock Type C's would be allowed for Omaha regional OR just require the new H tires. The H tire was called out in the current rules tire matrix as the tire for TCS Nationals in August 2020. Guess it arrived (and the C's went bye bye) just a bit earlier than expected.
if you do a search for them they are called C2 (they will have an H on the sidewall)
https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/tires...tires-type-c2/
Old 03-09-2020, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Got to love spec changes in the middle of a racing series. Hope for any races other than Nationals those local tracks allow the older tires. But then again, tires are one of the few ways these tracks make any money holding the TCS races.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GerryH
Got to love spec changes in the middle of a racing series. Hope for any races other than Nationals those local tracks allow the older tires. But then again, tires are one of the few ways these tracks make any money holding the TCS races.
I can see how it would be annoying for someone with large stock of new tires sitting at home, but for the majority of racers I would be shocked if 80+ % are not buying new tires at or right before a race weekend anyway new tires have a performance advantage to old used tires.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I will be attending my first TCS event in almost 20 years. Question for F1, is it legal to use shims to widen the front and rear tracks or is that going against these rules:
1. All chassis platforms must be built per the instruction manual. Altering their basic structure and design is prohibited.

4. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups or kit supplied accessories.

9. The use shims (available at most hobby stores and made available by Tamiya) to remove the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks, and wheel axles is permitted in all vehicles except in the GT-Spec Novice and Euro Truck classes. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is prohibited.

The reason I ask is because of this rule:
14. You may alter the car in any way called out in the “car instruction manual” or“chassis setting sheet”. If the “chassis setting sheet” calls out the adjustment, then it’s legal to make the change to your car.

The chassis sheet does call out front and rear track widths.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Red141
I will be attending my first TCS event in almost 20 years. Question for F1, is it legal to use shims to widen the front and rear tracks or is that going against these rules:
1. All chassis platforms must be built per the instruction manual. Altering their basic structure and design is prohibited.

4. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups or kit supplied accessories.

9. The use shims (available at most hobby stores and made available by Tamiya) to remove the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks, and wheel axles is permitted in all vehicles except in the GT-Spec Novice and Euro Truck classes. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is prohibited.

The reason I ask is because of this rule:
14. You may alter the car in any way called out in the “car instruction manual” or“chassis setting sheet”. If the “chassis setting sheet” calls out the adjustment, then it’s legal to make the change to your car.

The chassis sheet does call out front and rear track widths.
As you said it's on the sheet. I have never seen a problem with shimming for width, even at nationals.
Red141 likes this.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Massive width/offset differences too using the Tamiya F1 "kit" tire or the TCS/Pit tire.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Fred,

with all the cancelations around the country do to the corona virus, will there be any canceling or suspending of the scheduled TCS races coming up?
thank you.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

As much as I’d hate to miss a TCS race I think it’s the responsible thing to do at this point.
Originally Posted by f1larry
Fred,

with all the cancelations around the country do to the corona virus, will there be any canceling or suspending of the scheduled TCS races coming up?
thank you.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Many tracks struggle to make ends meet as it is and this will cause closures.

I hope very soon there is light at the end of the tunnel!
eR1c likes this.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
As much as I’d hate to miss a TCS race I think it’s the responsible thing to do at this point.
The Ohio Department of Health declared a public health order immediately banning gatherings of 100 or more people in confined indoor or outdoor spaces. They didn't say for how long. I haven't been to a race at Access Hobbies and based on pics, I wonder if they can even host 100 people. Regardless, I agree it's the responsible thing to do.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rev raceway

For the second year in a row, there is rain threatening this weekends race at revalation. Any word on if the race is going to be postponed? And ditto on the coronavirus.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This was recently posted by the HobbyPlex in Omaha.

Well, after a hopeful day yesterday, today brings bad news. Unfortunately, we will be postponing our March 28-29th TCS race. We will be looking at our calendar and working with Tamiya to find a date to reschedule. We will announce the new date as soon as possible. As of now, all current entries online will be transferred to the new date. If that changes, we’ll let everyone know. Thank you for all your support, be safe people!
A-Ko likes this.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwkride
This was recently posted by the HobbyPlex in Omaha.

Well, after a hopeful day yesterday, today brings bad news. Unfortunately, we will be postponing our March 28-29th TCS race. We will be looking at our calendar and working with Tamiya to find a date to reschedule. We will announce the new date as soon as possible. As of now, all current entries online will be transferred to the new date. If that changes, we’ll let everyone know. Thank you for all your support, be safe people!

Fully understandable , hopefully I can make the new date and I hope life settles down so 702 can have the race in April really looking forward to racing with other Tamiya guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.