Old 03-27-2019, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda1 View Post
I would like to see no gluing of sidewalls on euro truck
and a ride height spec.
I had a great time
Thanks
There are not enough marshalls for a Euro truck race without glued sidewalls.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
First off, Fred, you're doing a good job, at least with running the race, and the rules package. Any of these arguments are in the edges, in the weeds, and not huge deals. It's supposed to be fun, rather than a serious thing.

Motors were a problem. I'd love to hear something about that. An excuse? I dunno.

Shop parts support... didn't look good. I had the proper compound tires, and wheels, but it was only through good planning I was able to have the right tires for my mini. "You can't race without these parts" should be available on site. Also, parts for the euro trucks were in short supply.

You're gonna have some arguments with the rules lawyers. People will talk about "weights for balance" versus "weights for ballast". Why did you go with the no weights at all, instead of a maximum weight? I'm not exactly concerned about removing the 10g I have next to my battery. But the "other result" of that rule, could be the search for heavy batteries, putting balast inside stick packs (there's a lot of room..) Or light batteries (as the case may be) finding plastic case shorty servos, and a wide variety of other potential weights gaming. Or going the other way, full size metal servos, and getting sloppy on solder joints.

... now i'm wondering if anyone's swapped out the FET's on the ESC for lower on resistance. .... oh digikey.....

Did anyone get torn down? I was enjoying my time with other drivers, so I wasn't watching tech.
This was your first TCS race and any veteran will tell you that preparation is the key in participating. I have have been to trscks with much bigger supplies of parts on the walls and still not have the right parts in stock. There were some parts not available but just like any other TCS event other participants share what they have to make sure no one misses a race. Parts support was arranged for and the random person with parts you speak of was asked to bring his supply to have parts available. They may not have been displayed but he had plenty of parts and just like other shops he nsy have sold out during the weekend or before. You have to remember every part comes from overseas. I personally gave parts and motors to other racers do they would not miss out.

the A main drivers were A main drivers regardless. They still would have been there no matter what. Msybe some of their lap times woukd not have been where they were but they still would have been in the A. Case and point Dave Arnold.

short of completely tearing down a car you will never be 100% certain of the legality of a truck. The rules are as solid as can be. This still is racing and people are going to push until the limits. You some times donít know you need a certain rule until someone gets creative that is not in the spirit of the class.

the event was a huge success and everyone there had a good time. I could not help hearing from many other first timers there how surprised they were at how much fun they had, how good the competition was as well as how looose the atmosphere was and they are looking forward to participating in this event again.
Nerobro and NutDriver like this.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Traveling 800 miles to race, no doubt I was coming prepared
As racers we always try to help other racers with parts to get them going again

Fyi. In Euro truck, my truck only had glue on the sidewall, anti wear grease, no ballast what so ever
Its all about paying attention during assembly, making sure there’s no binding, to make it efficient

WINDY CITY is a TOP notch facility, you locals are so lucky to have a place like that to race.
well worth the 800 plus miles of driving
Old 03-27-2019, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
There are not enough marshalls for a Euro truck race without glued sidewalls.
No glue, no marshals.
NutDriver likes this.

Last edited by honda1; 03-27-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to start this off on the right foot. I'm going to quote myself.

The racing was great. This was probably the best time I've had racing. I'll totally do it again next year. You should race TCS. And I mean everyone. :-)
*snip*
If nothing is changed for next year, I'll still be there. :-) *snip*
And it bears repeating, if WCRC and TCS did nothing different next year, it would still be a great event.

Communication, in general, seems to be a problem for r/c. Best example I saw of that, was with the Motiv race in Oshkosh. There were several messages sent out so people could be prepared and not be caught off guard by anything. (elevator, parking, shop hours, pit spaces, etc...... )

Originally Posted by f1larry View Post
This was your first TCS race and any veteran will tell you that preparation is the key in participating. I have have been to trscks with much bigger supplies of parts on the walls and still not have the right parts in stock. There were some parts not available but just like any other TCS event other participants share what they have to make sure no one misses a race.
And prepared, I was. Stocking parts for every eventuality is... kinda a stretch. I can't expect a pro-shop to have the hard chassis for my FF03, but having the race tires? That's not a stretch. WCRC DID have the TC tires in stock, that was good to see.

Parts support was arranged for and the random person with parts you speak of was asked to bring his supply to have parts available. They may not have been displayed but he had plenty of parts and just like other shops he nsy have sold out during the weekend or before.
That is one aspect of what I mean by communication. Someone thought of the problem, and they did their best to solve it. That's great! But unless it's publicized, it's going to be far less useful. The only way I knew to talk to him was by word of mouth.
You have to remember every part comes from overseas. I personally gave parts and motors to other racers do they would not miss out.
I'm painfully aware of supply chain nastiness. Almost every part comes from overseas now. That doesn't make tamiya much different from xray, team associated, awesomatix, 3racing, express, kyosho, VBC, Destiny, etc.

the A main drivers were A main drivers regardless. They still would have been there no matter what. Msybe some of their lap times woukd not have been where they were but they still would have been in the A. Case and point Dave Arnold.
Wasn't that fun to watch? I was giggling on the sidelines the whole day at that. He had a great time.

short of completely tearing down a car you will never be 100% certain of the legality of a truck.
And even then you might not be sure. I had 3/4 a mind to post something in the Euro Truck thread about all the ideas I have rattling around in my head. I did ask if anyone was torn down, but I wasn't watching tech. :-) I was watching racers, BSing with people, and enjoying the day. To that end, I AM STILL enjoying the day. This discussion is part of that. If it were crap, and hopeless, I'd say it was crap, and hopeless.

The rules are as solid as can be. This still is racing and people are going to push until the limits. You some times don’t know you need a certain rule until someone gets creative that is not in the spirit of the class.
The rules are not as solid as they can be. There's wiggle room. Sadly, I was involved in a sport where there were pages dedicated to the behavior of switches. Setting rules is hard. Very. Hard. You need rules that you ~can~ enforce. Which means rules that are easily checked, or have good tattle tales. A good example of this are "you must have diff action". But also "you can use any lube". You can't easily check lube, but you can check "does the diff work". A bad example is the motor rule, where they ban cooking of rotors... but there's no practical way to enforce it. Well, I can think of a way, but it would cost money for Reedy... The brushed motor rule was pretty good, throw voltage at a motor, check it on a tach. When you set a limit somewhere, people will aim for it. (this is the problem with minimum weight, and maximum weight..) I do get the spirit of the rules, and I play by them.

the event was a huge success and everyone there had a good time. I could not help hearing from many other first timers there how surprised they were at how much fun they had, how good the competition was as well as how loose the atmosphere was and they are looking forward to participating in this event again.
All of my comments here are about "making it better" Especially from the perspective of a first timer. This is not "this sucks and should be trashed."

What you've done is great at WCRC. What Fred does is great too. :-)

I'll try to bring more people with me next time.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Who's going to Revelation this Saturday?
I'm hurtin for a Reedy 25.5 F1 motor, non existent these days, if anyone has a renta motor or buya motor and will be goin, please lemme know.
Also hurtin for euro tires non tread glued, also non existent these days. I can always sand mine down but if someones got a pair to sell please lemme know.
Thanks!
'cuda
Old 04-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not going to Revelation but I have a Reedy 25.5 you can borrow.
I live near you so we can possibly meet prior to Saturday if you like.
Let me know what you'd like to do.

Tom (Cal Raceway racer)
AngryRog likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tomoz View Post
I'm not going to Revelation but I have a Reedy 25.5 you can borrow.
I live near you so we can possibly meet prior to Saturday if you like.
Let me know what you'd like to do.

Tom (Cal Raceway racer)
Thanks Tom,
I saw your pm and replied this morning
I'd like to take you up on that
I pm'd you my phone number
Thanks again!
Craig
NutDriver likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Thanks Tom,

Thanks again!
Craig
I"m not involved. But I just want to say, this is an awesome thing to do.
F N CUDA and NutDriver like this.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

I"m not involved. But I just want to say, this is an awesome thing to do.
Awesome is right!
Tom's a good guy and this will not be forgotten!
He's a well liked guy here locally and has been pickin up a lot of tips from a lot of the other good guys here.
See ya soon buddy, keep havin fun and get yer new Euro truck out here and let's do the damn thing!
'cuda
NutDriver likes this.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

anyone have gearing recommendations for TA05 V2 in GT2 with Reedy 17.5 FT?
Old 04-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
anyone have gearing recommendations for TA05 V2 in GT2 with Reedy 17.5 FT?
Check with CW22, he ran that car at Rev.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Installed new Reedy 21.5 FT in my M06 and tested it at track last night. OMG this motor is slow in M chassis! By the time I reached the end of the 110í back straight, I had to slap myself to wake up.

A fellow racer with M05 with 20t pinion using a Hobby Wing 25.5 was passing me on back straight!

With this motor, youíre no longer a racing to win.. itís a game of chess.. all about the tactics and right moves lol.

Last edited by Raman; 04-15-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

2019 TCS Regional Race on May 19th at TQ RC Racing registration is OPEN !!

https://www.rccarevents.com/event.cfm?id=2718

For more information about the track & shop, please click the link below.

http://www.tqrcracing.com

NutDriver likes this.

Last edited by spring71; 04-17-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Installed new Reedy 21.5 FT in my M06 and tested it at track last night. OMG this motor is slow in M chassis! By the time I reached the end of the 110í back straight, I had to slap myself to wake up.

A fellow racer with M05 with 20t pinion using a Hobby Wing 25.5 was passing me on back straight!

With this motor, youíre no longer a racing to win.. itís a game of chess.. all about the tactics and right moves lol.
with the M06 is very slow if you want to go fast get M07 a lot faster you will see the different

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.