Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree487Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 07:23 PM
  #21856  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,945
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
You want to put a TA07 part on a TA07???? That's crazy talk.�� I am sure you will have no problem with tech.
Good question though... when we ran the TA05 series one of the newer models (V2 I believe) had a lower internal drive ratio and wasn’t supposed to be run on the older versions even though it was a direct fit. Probably just need clarity from Fred.
NutDriver likes this.
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:27 AM
  #21857  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Default

The TCS rules state that any TUB-type chassis is legal for GT-2 and lists the TA07 and TB05. I image a tub chassis as something along the lines of the TT-02. The side/upper frames of the TA07Pro and TB05 seem quasi TUB-like, but close enough it seems and considered a modern TUB-type chassis.

Is there a good definition for a TUB-type chassis?
Would the TA07MS carbon fiber lower chassis not be considered a TUB-type chassis and not be legal for GT-2?
mkruger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:43 AM
  #21858  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 843
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post

Good question though... when we ran the TA05 series one of the newer models (V2 I believe) had a lower internal drive ratio and wasn’t supposed to be run on the older versions even though it was a direct fit. Probably just need clarity from Fred.
Good question. I've thought about this. Right now I will state the unique parts from the TA-07 MS are not legal to use on the regular TA-07 "TUB" variant of the car. It goes against the general rules where it states "cars must be built per the instruction manual and you may hop them up using Hop-Op Options designed for said vehicle". The motor plate and 20 tooth pulley are not Hop-Ups for the standard TA-07. They may be in some future, but right now they are not. I would like to discourage people from trying to build hybrid chassis variants even though certain parts may fit directly. For a overview of legal TA-07 TUB chassis Hop-Up Options check out this link for a visual guide: TA-07 Pro Hop Up Options
NutDriver and mkruger like this.
FMW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:48 AM
  #21859  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 843
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mkruger View Post
The TCS rules state that any TUB-type chassis is legal for GT-2 and lists the TA07 and TB05. I image a tub chassis as something along the lines of the TT-02. The side/upper frames of the TA07Pro and TB05 seem quasi TUB-like, but close enough it seems and considered a modern TUB-type chassis.

Is there a good definition for a TUB-type chassis?
Would the TA07MS carbon fiber lower chassis not be considered a TUB-type chassis and not be legal for GT-2?
Good question. The TA-07 MS is a carbon fiber plate car and it is only legal for the GT-1 class. I should add it is a very competitive car in that class, since the GT-1 motor rules are 13.5 and 17.5 depending on TCS event location.

And yes, the current Tamiya design trend for TA-07, TB-05, M-07 and M-08 cars are considered tub for the sake of the rules as they are written currently. I may have to re-word it so it reads "Composite Plastic Chassis Cars" since that is more accurate given our current design trend.
NutDriver and mkruger like this.
FMW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:08 PM
  #21860  
Tech Apprentice
 
mike.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: west bend, WI
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Good question. The TA-07 MS is a carbon fiber plate car and it is only legal for the GT-1 class. I should add it is a very competitive car in that class, since the GT-1 motor rules are 13.5 and 17.5 depending on TCS event location.

And yes, the current Tamiya design trend for TA-07, TB-05, M-07 and M-08 cars are considered tub for the sake of the rules as they are written currently. I may have to re-word it so it reads "Composite Plastic Chassis Cars" since that is more accurate given our current design trend.
let's not forget this bad boy is legal too!!
Raman likes this.
mike.a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:18 PM
  #21861  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,582
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the clarification, Fred. I appreciate it. :-)

Scott Franklin
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 PM
  #21862  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,680
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Good question. The TA-07 MS *snip*.
I thought the TA07's like... reason for existence, was to get around "GT-2" Hah.

Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Tamiya design *snip* M-08 cars
Gah, the little bits of M-08 coming out are driving me batty. I want to see it. :-) Tease!
Raman likes this.
Nerobro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:40 AM
  #21863  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (49)
 
CSeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Bought a used Euro truck. Came with a few replacement parts and gears, but did not come with a manual. Just want to make sure it is built box stock. What is the kit stock gears that should be installed?

Thanks
CSeils is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:54 AM
  #21864  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,080
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CSeils View Post
Bought a used Euro truck. Came with a few replacement parts and gears, but did not come with a manual. Just want to make sure it is built box stock. What is the kit stock gears that should be installed?

Thanks
61/19
you can get the manual on the tamiya website.
f1larry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM
  #21865  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,582
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

It seems that the Reedy 21.5 FT #297 motor is in stock at www.rc10.com!!
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:00 PM
  #21866  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,582
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Ordering from Reedy

Ordered my 21.5FT #297 from Reedy. Paid with PayPal. Noticed that I hadn't gotten an update from Reedy, so I logged onto my account. It showed no pending order (??!!). I sent my e-mail from PayPal showing the transaction to Reedy. They (Lorna) responded that it "looked like my order was not imported into the system" but they would get one out to me. Within a few hours, I got an e-mail notice from Reedy/Associated that it's on the way. Woo Hoo!
I say that to say this: If you ordered direct from Reedy, make sure that the order made it through. I look forward to getting my TCS legal motor and getting to the TCS race in Ohio.

Last edited by NutDriver; 03-13-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: further developments
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:56 AM
  #21867  
Tech Apprentice
 
mike.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: west bend, WI
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
It seems that the Reedy 21.5 FT #297 motor is in stock at www.rc10.com!!

That didn't last long out of stock 6:53am . No more 21.5

looks like no Mini for me .... waited to long
mike.a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 AM
  #21868  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,582
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default 21.5FT motor

TQRC Racing had some yesterday.
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:13 AM
  #21869  
Tech Apprentice
 
mike.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: west bend, WI
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
TQRC Racing had some yesterday.
Thanks, I know TQRC.. I will check with them
mike.a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 AM
  #21870  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,680
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mike.a View Post
That didn't last long out of stock 6:53am . No more 21.5

looks like no Mini for me .... waited to long
They've said, that they've never sold out of motors at the event. You should be able to pick up the motor day of. I'd twist an arm first, make sure that's a garuntee.
Nerobro is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service