Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sandman, I won't tell you the reaction I had when I read what you posted ...but being able to run a 23 turn in my Mini would make me seriously reconsider running that class again in 2006...
Later
Doc
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I agree with F1 Jet, do something to make TCS special again. What is the attraction if you can run the same classes at any track. It might be better for motor availibility , but its not special.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Classes for next year

Does anyone think Tamiya will have a TCS class for the Group C cars next year?

Has anybody even seen one for sale anywhere? (I only looked at towerhobbies).

Does anyone know if they are selling well or not and at what price and if more will be released? Any rumors about future releases? I'd like to see some of the current LeMans cars modeled.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Here is an off the wall wish. I race TCS, but also non TCS and normally run stock class at normal weekend races...the thing I don't like is that the only TCS class for the top chassis' is GT1. I say make GT2 open to any car/chassis not just tubs...if that were the case I for one would run an EVO or 415...but don't want to run a 19x...because truthfully...Im uhhh not that fast
Old 10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Sandman-
I've seen them on eBay for around $120-140 plus shipping. Don't know if they are selling well anywhere, but I could see putting a club together around this car at Mimi's. Just have to use the right motor- maybe a silver can or a Trinity Spec- and have firm battery rules (like Dynamite or Trinity Spec stick packs). No options, right out of the box. Gotta use Tamiya tires. And when Tamiya includes it in the TCS series, we'll be all ready!

Sounds kind of like the old F1 Club of Washington circa 1997, doesn't it?

Later
Doc
Old 10-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Here is an off the wall wish. I race TCS, but also non TCS and normally run stock class at normal weekend races...the thing I don't like is that the only TCS class for the top chassis' is GT1. I say make GT2 open to any car/chassis not just tubs...if that were the case I for one would run an EVO or 415...but don't want to run a 19x...because truthfully...Im uhhh not that fast

If that happens then everyone would run the composite chassis cars. I think this would be great although there would be some advange with composite but still the bottom line is the driver not the car. Don't forget GT1 allows more massaging of the chassis to lighten them up. Where is GT2 there is no lightening of the chassis or any part of the car. In GT2 there is more spec chassis guidelines then GT1.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I probably would not go too nuts with changing the chassis rules. The rules have come a long way and I don't miss the open mod motor for GT1. Although with today's batteries, it might be an interesting class to revisit....

I am all in favor for keeping the series unique even if it means doing qualifying and mains different. Going the way real car racing does it, could be cool.

Anyways this down time has given me too much time to compile a want list and search out awesome deals.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I probably would not go too nuts with changing the chassis rules. The rules have come a long way and I don't miss the open mod motor for GT1. Although with today's batteries, it might be an interesting class to revisit....

I am all in favor for keeping the series unique even if it means doing qualifying and mains different. Going the way real car racing does it, could be cool.

Anyways this down time has given me too much time to compile a want list and search out awesome deals.
A-ko.. how about compiling everyone's wishlist and ideas from the past 3 pages.. categorize it and submit it to Fred for approval? just a thought if you are really bored one day.

Originally Posted by rccardr
Sandman-
I've seen them on eBay for around $120-140 plus shipping. Don't know if they are selling well anywhere, but I could see putting a club together around this car at Mimi's. Just have to use the right motor- maybe a silver can or a Trinity Spec- and have firm battery rules (like Dynamite or Trinity Spec stick packs). No options, right out of the box. Gotta use Tamiya tires. And when Tamiya includes it in the TCS series, we'll be all ready!

Sounds kind of like the old F1 Club of Washington circa 1997, doesn't it?

Later
Doc

Doc, me and a few of the TAOB guys will be doing this as soon as the Group C car hits the US Shores. only hopups allowed will be the single shock and bearings. everything else will be bone stock. we'll run silver cans (since silver cans love being geared to the moon and we already have the 18T and up pinions) and stick packs (this we have to figure out)

it should be fun. just waiting for the cars now. ill let you know if this ever gets off the ground.

- Chris
Old 10-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It would be cool to see an Audi R8 on this chassis, the one they did on the 103 was cool, but it didnt look right with the small wheels.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default club ideals

A club racing these cars would attract a lot of interest. Unfortunately, I checked the Tamiya Canada site and it says the cars are limited release, so that means very limited distribution for a short time period. I think the availability time will only be a few months more, if it hasn't already ended.
F1Jet
Old 10-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
A-ko.. how about compiling everyone's wishlist and ideas from the past 3 pages.. categorize it and submit it to Fred for approval? just a thought if you are really bored one day.
Hebiki... I would if I had Fred's email. The only one I have is Gary's and I don't know if it would make it to Fred through him? I think Gary gets a lot of spam... LOL

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
It would be cool to see an Audi R8 on this chassis
It would be awesome to see that!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Doc, me and a few of the TAOB guys will be doing this as soon as the Group C car hits the US Shores. only hopups allowed will be the single shock and bearings. everything else will be bone stock. we'll run silver cans (since silver cans love being geared to the moon and we already have the 18T and up pinions) and stick packs (this we have to figure out)

it should be fun. just waiting for the cars now. ill let you know if this ever gets off the ground. - Chris
The Group C cars are ballastic fun with a 27T motor. I was passing 23T motors at Tamiya with the car and it was just a practice motor.

Chris, stock pinion in the kit is a 14T and for the stock spur, you would probably need 10-15T pinions.

Oh yeah, and the "stock" Tamiya tires are foam.......
Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
The temp S-chicane was thrown in there to mess up the locals. Believe me when I tell you that they moaned about it. Some of them who shall remain nameless called me at work and said "Are you kidding me" My response. "Sorry about your luck.
Look at this years Reedy Race. No Local won! Peter Robinson smoked all the 19T guys who run on this track alot. He was prepared.
Things will be different next year, have some things in mind and I will post it by October, but I assure you that people will still moan at me.
Can't win
...."by October"..... And?

I looked it up so you did not have to.

Maybe one of the TA Locals can put pressure on him or Bill Murray can do a nuggee patrol on him.

Could also make a great Dog The Bounty Hunter episode. . .
Old 10-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, I'm excited now; just ordered a TA05, TRF dampers, aramid belts, CVDs and a spring set. Can't wait to build it and start practicing!

Is there -anything- going on in the bay area between now and TCS where I can get some practice and guidance?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some of us So Cal guys went up to Fremont for the TCS race earlier this year. I believe the people who ran that race run a regular monthly parking lot event also, possibly at the same location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.