Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamrule
I too would like an approved list of cheats for all classes
its called be good at what u do and dont show your hand lol
Old 02-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Are there intentions to strongly tech the Euro Trucks at the TCS races? Enforcing body cut lines, mirrors, hitches, shocks being stuffed with foam, tires with the treads glued.... A definition for excessive ballast? Slow people want to know... so we can do that too. :-)
Originally Posted by Teamrule
I too would like an approved list of cheats for all classes
Originally Posted by f1larry

build per instructions
Originally Posted by Scionara05
If a cheater is suspected, sack up and call him out.
Race directors sometimes don't want to stir stuff up and piss anyone off, can't blame em since racers pay the bills.
Tamiya however has the staff sometimes to try and help catch the sneaky bastards or to allow stuff so keep your ears and eyes open and take advantage of the legal stuff.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
If a cheater is suspected, sack up and call him out.
Race directors sometimes don't want to stir stuff up and piss anyone off, can't blame em since racers pay the bills.
Tamiya however has the staff sometimes to try and help catch the sneaky bastards or to allow stuff so keep your ears and eyes open and take advantage of the legal stuff.
And become a pariah? Yeah, you can eat that suggestion. These are "open" behaviors i'm talking about. Are they legal? Are they just not paying attention? Do they not care? What's the TCS rule on it?

Race directors are the people (well, the techs..) should be the ones calling people out. For the "we want things fair" thing, that encourages other racers to be fair, too. If a racer calls out other racers, they're whiney, or someone you don't want around. And or invite the ire of others, which makes them not return.

Why is there a minimum weight for the euro trucks? That seems to be nonsense, without using cheater parts or grinding at the chassis you can't get the weight down. However, there's talk of "excessive" weight, why not have a maximum weight instead. That would address the weight issue in question.

Originally Posted by f1larry

build per instructions
That's what's said... But never defined. At one time it was legal to flip your shocks, or use alternative shock mounting holes. Is that the case now? If you want to take this to the ultimate extension, glueing the tires isn't in the manual. Boom class is dead on black carpet.

Originally Posted by Scionara05
This attitude is why it's hard to get new people into the sport. It took me two years to find out all the "secrets" to building kits. That... is at best donkey like, at worst gatekeeping. And it's a great way to ensure YOU won't have fun in the future.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not complaining here, just figuring out what the rules are. As they are not clearly defined, or in the case that they are clearly defined, are not clearly enforced. It should be fixed, one way, or the other. (and since this is the TCS thread, I believe this is the right place for it..)

Last edited by Nerobro; 02-03-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not complaining here
Oh, my bad
Old 02-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Oh, my bad
I was however, arguing with you. Your suggested method for racers to deal with the situation is bad. And has little benifit for the racers, and worse for the race organizers.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was however, arguing with you. Your suggested method for racers to deal with the situation is bad. And has little benifit for the racers, and worse for the race organizers.
So if someone is cheating, then tell the organizers / track owner / TCS rep and let them talk to the racer directly. For as much as people complain about cheating, there is usually much less really going on. Funny how the people who are accused of cheating are usually the ones who are on the sharp end of the scale (because anyone running fast must be cheating) yet a person can be blatantly cheating but if they are behind you, who cares. Right ? Plus racers are always going to stretch the grey areas. Look at how mini's were cooking rotors to lower magnet strength to get higher rpm motors. Once Fred found out that was happening, a new rule for 2019 !

Panda

Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Truth is, I don't even know if they are advantages. And I don't do them, because doing ~most~ of them, would require some lengthy or expensive (or both) work to reverse.

I'm also the slow dude at the track. None of this is gonna make me competitive.

So i'm gonna throw the flag here. TCS, are you listening?

At your events, what you going to do for checking? And remediation of pushing rules? IE: expanded cutouts in the back of MAN bodied trucks, missing rear view mirrors, missing hitches, missing light supports in the cab, a definition of excessive ballast, stuffed shocks, or worn out springs?

I'm asking here, as opposed to flagging down an official at an event, because "here" word can get out, and someone might not have a ruined race weekend. I don't want to gain places because of a legality struggle.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
So if someone is cheating, then tell the organizers / track owner / TCS rep and let them talk to the racer directly. For as much as people complain about cheating, there is usually much less really going on. Funny how the people who are accused of cheating are usually the ones who are on the sharp end of the scale (because anyone running fast must be cheating) yet a person can be blatantly cheating but if they are behind you, who cares. Right ? Plus racers are always going to stretch the grey areas. Look at how mini's were cooking rotors to lower magnet strength to get higher rpm motors. Once Fred found out that was happening, a new rule for 2019 !

Panda
#I'mCheatingAndGettingBeatSoYouMustBeCheatingToo
Old 02-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Where's this FT spec motor in stock? I can't find any, got some cookin' to do. lol
shmit 1 likes this.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mooby64
#I'mCheatingAndGettingBeatSoYouMustBeCheatingToo
Exactly ! I noticed that since I started running 1:8 nitro last year after the TCS Nationals, I don't hear all the "cheating" talk like I did around electric. Similar to mod electric sedan. When you have more power than than you can handle, you realize the other guy is faster because he is a better driver. Spec electric racing slows things down so much that a lot more people can handle the max power (or close to the max) the motor can put out so when a person takes the time to build their car with a very smooth and efficient drive train and takes the time to practice and set-up the car to maximize on track performance or they can just drive better faster lines lap after lap........ it has to be cheating that they are faster. I am sure we have all seen someone who was really quick with a 21.5 motor sedan but once they move up to a 17.5, 13.5 or a 4.5, they cannot drive because it is too much power for their abilities.

Panda
Old 02-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Truth is, I don't even know if they are advantages. And I don't do them, because doing ~most~ of them, would require some lengthy or expensive (or both) work to reverse.

I'm also the slow dude at the track. None of this is gonna make me competitive.

So i'm gonna throw the flag here. TCS, are you listening?

At your events, what you going to do for checking? And remediation of pushing rules? IE: expanded cutouts in the back of MAN bodied trucks, missing rear view mirrors, missing hitches, missing light supports in the cab, a definition of excessive ballast, stuffed shocks, or worn out springs?

I'm asking here, as opposed to flagging down an official at an event, because "here" word can get out, and someone might not have a ruined race weekend. I don't want to gain places because of a legality struggle.
Something to keep in mind is "local" tech inspection. I have seen it at West Coast TCS races before. It is not always a TCS employee doing all the teching and not necessarily a person who is intimately aware of each TCS car like a TCS racer is. I have raced TCS since 2004 and I guarantee I would miss stuff on a Euro truck because I don't own one and never raced them. But let me look over a TA05, TA07, 417-419 or any F104 / TRF101 / TRF102 or TRF103 variant and I would spot everything. Heck, a person could run a TA06 in GT-2 and I would not have a clue if the car were legal or not. So it is not always that tech people aren't necessarily trying to catch illegal items, sometimes they don't know what is illegal. The rules are fairly clear for Euro truck and the items you pointed out are not legal to do. Maybe discuss with the track that is hosting the event and if there is a big concern for cheating in the Euro Truck class, see if they are willing to let the competitors "tech" the entries before the race starts to make sure everyone is complying. Racing is competitive and in any competitive sport (not just racing), there will be people who will push the boundaries until they get caught.

Panda
Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Where's this FT spec motor in stock? I can't find any, got some cookin' to do. lol
I got 20 in my garage. Was planning to do some BBQ this weekend. You are invited ! :-O

Panda
AngryRog and shmit 1 like this.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Does Tamiya sell the plastic standoffs for the race wing sets separately?
Old 02-06-2019, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Does Tamiya sell the plastic standoffs for the race wing sets separately?
You might have to buy a full wing kit for those.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Euro Truck Tire Rule

Hello,

To eliminate possible ambiguities on this topic, may I request to get a final objective interpretation on #7 of the Tires TCS rule:

"It is not permitted to apply super glue on the horizontal surface of the tire to alter
traction characteristics."

If my understanding is correct, "horizontal surface" pertains to the part of the tire that touches the ground, i.e., the part of the tire with treads. Therefore, supergluing sidewalls by any amount, is legal, for as long as it does not "overflow" to the treaded part of the tire.

Is this correct?

Thank you! =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.