Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-20-2018, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What a way to say goodbye to the most awesome onroad facility I've ever had the honor to race on.
Fantastic racing all week long.
Congrats to the winners, well deserved.
Dont forget Hocus Pocus Tattoo in Shizuoka!!
Tell Makoto 'cuda sent ya.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats to Max, Matt and Wendra! Thank you Fred and Tamiya USA.

This will be missed.

AngryRog and NutDriver like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Drone footage

There were a number of drones flying around over the four days of the finals. Can anyone direct me to where I can view it?
Old 08-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

+1 on that vids please
Old 08-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
+1 on that vids please
saw a few races on youtube
searched 2018 TCS finals
NutDriver likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Took me a while to recover from the Nationals but it is certainly the one to remember. I've started my RC obsession at the beautiful Tamiya America track and I'm not sure if I'm ready to say good bye yet. Thank you Fred for all the years of dedication and support for the TCS series. Thank you to all the locals who take care of the track. And thank you to all the fellow Tamiya racers for providing this wonderful racing community. I hope Fred will find a new home for us Tamiya racers soon so we can continue to carry on our tradition.

I have uploaded first two A-Main races for GT-2 and here are the links:
Old 08-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Ok, itís been a week and a half since the Nationals and now itís only three days before we can enjoy the track and the end of a legacy is gone forevermore, I canít stand to think that it will be over for good, itís overwhelming to me that I won the trip to Japan and now lost Tamiya Raceway all at The same time ☹️
Tim my son has been a past champion twice and spent half his childhood at Tamiya and both of us built friendships along the way. I canít believe we both have touched so many lives in the almost 16 years at Tamiya Raceway and Iím not ready to give all that up! Net yet not now! Please Mr Tamiya build another track where fathers and sons and daughters can share their time together bonding and building memories together in a place where families and friends meet and have fun. Tamiya Raceway was way more than a track it was a place where people came together to share their love of a clean fun sport and honestly a passion for a hobby that will now have left a void in south Orange County forever!

Just my2$
CL, over gear, izzyracer and 12 others like this.

Last edited by maxepower; 08-30-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A big thank you to Fred Medel, the Tamiya family, the many Tamiya employees past and present and the Tamiya "Locals" for building and maintaining the "Tamiya America" race track for so many years. My first race at the Tamiya track was June of 2003, on an overcast day, with my shiny 414M II and a whopping three months of RC experience under my belt and a 12T double brushed motor bolted in (GT-1 was open mod back then) and B2 tires. The temp was so cool that most racers were running Type A's and when asked why I was not running Type A tires, my response was "what is a Type A ?". Think a rally on snow and ice in Sweden or Finland. :-O Fast forward to Aug 2018 and I had the fortune to race against a very competitive class of GT-2 drivers. I put in my best effort to date with a 2nd overall. My hats of to Max Valles as he showed a consistency even Max did not know he had. Max has always had the speed to match the top but he put in 3 great qualifiers and two excellent A mains to take a very popular win. I am glad to have had the opportunity to race with Max over the years and enjoyed pushing him at the Nats but Max was truly the better driver that weekend. I would also like to thank Max for taking A1 and A2 as that allowed me the opportunity to go down in history as Charlie Suganka noted before our start as the person to win the last A main ever at Tamiya by taking A3. In between all those years, lots of racing, lots of new friends and a lifetime of memories. From the days of TAOB and Royal Rumble Racing, mastering my concourse skills from the master (and past National Champion) Ian Aquino, many A main appearances of the "Kevin and Kevin show" with fellow competitor Kevin Smith, racing and laughing with goods friends and past champs like Bill Jeric, Tyree Phillips and Anthony Fung to making friends many years ago through a mutual respect built competing against each other with this guy called Nemo, past champion Tony Tam who this day is one of my very best friends on and off the track. With my eye surgeries completed two days after Nationals, I look forward to TCS 2019 with the friends I have made over the years. As the old saying goes, when one door closes, another door opens. I am sure there is more fun and excitement in the future for participants of the TCS North America series.

Kevin "Panda" Cole

Old 09-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=maxepower;15289313]

Congrats to all the TCS winners. BIG congrats to you Max. Super happy for ya. Have Rod set your car up for the Worlds. Best of Luck!!!!

To all the GT1 racers. If any of you want to sell your Reedy 13.5ís motors. Please PM me. Need 6-10 of them for a new class my local track is trying to start up. Thanks
Old 09-02-2018, 11:27 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Juan Aveytia;15291062]
Originally Posted by maxepower

Congrats to all the TCS winners. BIG congrats to you Max. Super happy for ya. Have Rod set your car up for the Worlds. Best of Luck!!!!

To all the GT1 racers. If any of you want to sell your Reedy 13.5ís motors. Please PM me. Need 6-10 of them for a new class my local track is trying to start up. Thanks
Juan, that was the spec motor for the Protoform Cup stock tc class. Theres prob a grip of people looking to unload those too. Race was this weekend.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Any word on if the locked Reedy will be the mini spec motor (maybe other classes too) starting next season?
Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Any word on if the locked Reedy will be the mini spec motor (maybe other classes too) starting next season?
Hopefully not, most of us have brand new reedy motors for tcs racing from the nationals, no need to spend extra money on another motor that sits in the box for tamiya races. There are probably plenty of used reedy tcs motors out there at a small cost, just stick with the current rules, less head ach
MarkBrown likes this.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Juan Aveytia;15291062]
Originally Posted by maxepower

p/m sent
Old 09-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the demolition of the track has begun?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Does anyone know if the demolition of the track has begun?
Some personal 'dismantling' has occurred, and from what I've heard, permits have not as yet been issued to demo the property.
NutDriver likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.