Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree716Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Fred said he is hoping to have the Nationals information finalized within the next two weeks. Nationals is still about 9 weeks away so their is still plenty of time to get all confirmed for people to prepare.

Panda
C'mon Kevin, we're racers. We want to know NOW, 9 weeks without info is 10 weeks too many.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:50 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone. It's only mid-June, but I know everyone is anxious. LOL Anyway, I have attached a TCS Nationals/Finals announcement. I will be also posting this on our website and social medial pages on Monday.
Back to Le Mans coverage......
Attached Files
Rookie88 likes this.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Hello everyone. It's only mid-June, but I know everyone is anxious. LOL Anyway, I have attached a TCS Nationals/Finals announcement. I will be also posting this on our website and social medial pages on Monday.
Back to Le Mans coverage......
Will F1 run single or tripple mains at nats?
Old 06-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Two classes?

When do sign-ups open, Fred?

I was hoping to run F1 and GT2, but the wording of the .pdf makes me think that if I run either of these classes, that only Euro Truck or GT Pro Spec are the other options (one of them, but not both). Does this seem correct?
Thanks.

Last edited by NutDriver; 06-16-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Missed something
Old 06-16-2018, 03:55 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Hey, your picture of the 787B Mazda looks familiar. You remind me a lot of this guy I used to know that worked at Tamiya and then moved out of state. Humm, probably someone else.

Panda
You never know who will show up at Nats
Old 06-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
When do sign-ups open, Fred?

I was hoping to run F1 and GT2, but the wording of the .pdf makes me think that if I run either of these classes, that only Euro Truck or GT Pro Spec are the other options (one of them, but not both). Does this seem correct?
Thanks.
You read correct. You cannot run GT-2 and F1. You can run either GT-2 or F1 as a first class and then GT Pro Spec or Euro Truck as a second class.

Panda
NutDriver likes this.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AWK View Post
You never know who will show up at Nats
Hope you can make it to the last Nats at Tamiya America track. Would be great to see you out there running with us.

Panda
Old 06-17-2018, 12:09 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Tamiya Championship Series 2018 Finals Announcement

The 2018 TCS Series concludes in Aliso Viejo, California. It is the final farewell to our beloved and historic racing facility. Please read below for important details regarding this years’ FINALS.

Event Location:
Tamiya America Raceway
4 Orion, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Event Race Dates:
August 16-19, 2018

Event Sign-Ups
www.rccarevents.com (Begins June 30)

Event Basic Schedule:

Thursday August 16:Official practice from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday August 17:Official practice from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday August 18:Qualifying from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday August 19:Main events from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Race Classes:

GT-1: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

GT-2: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

M-Chassis: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

F-1: (Championship Class)

GT Spec Novice: (Championship Class)

GT-Pro Spec: (Championship Class)

Euro Truck: (Championship Class)

Eligibility requirements for each class:

GT-1:
∑ You must have competed in a TCS regional race event in 2018 or 2017.
∑ Past TCS Champions that traveled to Japan from 2015 or earlier are eligible to compete in this class.
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class. Euro Truck or GT Pro Spec, but not both.

GT-2:
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class. Euro Truck or GT Pro Spec, but not both.

M-Chassis

F-1:

GT Spec NOVICE:
∑ Open to ALL novice racers new to the series or those who are still honing their skills from the current TCS season.
∑ Participants in this class may only enter Euro Truck as second class.

GT Pro Spec
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class in any of the above classes, if and only if they meet that class requirement.

Euro Truck
∑ Open to ALL racers. No past regional race qualification needed.
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class in any of the above classes, if and only if they meet that class requirement.

Rules different from the regular TCS Regional Rules:

GT-1, GT-2and M-Chassisare required to use the handout Reedy FT(Fixed Timing) motor. Supplied and sold by Tamiya at the event. This is being done in an effort to ensure a fairer playing field.

Reedy FT motors being used:

GT-1:13.5 Reedy FT Part #294
GT-2:17.5 Reedy FT Part #293
M-Chassis:21.5 Reedy FT (NOTE!The current Reedy 21.5 FT motor (Part # 297) on the market does not fit the M-07 chassis. The ones that will be supplied at the event have been updated to fit the chassis.)

Recommended starting gear ratios with Reedy 13.5 and 17.5 FT motors:

GT-1:4.1
GT-2:3.6

∑ Gearing taller than this final drive is at your own risk. We have tested these motors on the Tamiya track layout. Gearing taller than the recommended final drive ratio will result in slower lap times past the 2-minute mark.

Additional Info:

∑ Spec Reedy FT motors must be purchased at the event. This process begins Thursday (First day of practice at 10:00 am)

∑ Motor pick-up resumes at 9:00 am Friday. Closes at 3:00pm.

∑ Spec Motor Price: Current REEDY web price is $56.99. Tamiya sale price will match this price.

∑ Motors have been checked and sealed by Reedy.

∑ One motor per participant.

∑ You may practice with any motor or your handout motor.

∑ GT-1, GT-2, GT Pro Spec must use the event Solaris 36J pre-mount tires.

∑ Shaded pit area, power, tables and chairs provided.

www.rugspingraphix.com will be at the event taking photos throughout the event weekend. He is a very talented photographer. He will be offering his photos of you, and your cars both on and off the track. Check out his website for additional info! Don’t miss this last chance to get the best photos of your experience at the last Tamiya race event at Tamiya America Raceway!
shmit 1 and NutDriver like this.

Last edited by FMW; 06-18-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: format continuity
Old 06-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Finals

Tamiya Championship Series 2018 Finals Announcement

The 2018 TCS Series concludes in Aliso Viejo, California. It is the final farewell to our beloved and historic racing facility. Please read below for important details regarding this yearsí FINALS.

Event Location:
Tamiya America Raceway
4 Orion, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Event Race Dates:
August 16-19, 2018

Event Sign-Ups
www.rccarevents.com (Begins June 30)

Event Basic Schedule:

Thursday August 16:Official practice from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday August 17:Official practice from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday August 18:Qualifying from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday August 19:Main events from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Race Classes:

GT-1: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

GT-2: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

M-Chassis: (Champion goes to Japan to compete at the Tamiya World Championships)

F-1: (Championship Class)

GT Spec Novice: (Championship Class)

GT-Pro Spec: (Championship Class)

Euro Truck: (Championship Class)

GT-1:
∑ Past TCS Champions that traveled to Japan from 2015 or earlier are eligible to compete in this class.

GT-2:

M-Chassis

F-1:

GT Spec NOVICE:
∑ Open to ALL novice racers new to the series or those who are still honing their skills from the current TCS season.

GT Pro Spec
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class. Euro Truck or F-1, but not both.

Euro Truck

Rules different from the regular TCS Regional Rules:

GT-1, GT-2and M-Chassisare required to use the handout Reedy FT(Fixed Timing) motor. Supplied and sold by Tamiya at the event. This is being done in an effort to ensure a fairer playing field.

Reedy FT motors being used:

GT-1:13.5 Reedy FT Part #294
GT-2:17.5 Reedy FT Part #293
M-Chassis:21.5 Reedy FT (NOTE!The current Reedy 21.5 FT motor (Part # 297) on the market does not fit the M-07 chassis. The ones that will be supplied at the event have been updated to fit the chassis.)

Recommended starting gear ratios with Reedy 13.5 and 17.5 FT motors:

GT-1:4.1
GT-2:3.6

∑ Gearing taller than this final drive is at your own risk. We have tested these motors on the Tamiya track layout. Gearing taller than the recommended final drive ratio will result in slower lap times past the 2-minute mark.

Additional Info:

∑ Spec Reedy FT motors must be purchased at the event. This process begins Thursday (First day of practice at 10:00 am)

∑ Motor pick-up resumes at 9:00 am Friday. Closes at 3:00pm.

∑ Spec Motor Price: Current REEDY web price is $56.99. Tamiya sale price will match this price.

∑ One motor per participant.

∑ You may practice with any motor or your handout motor.

∑ GT-1, GT-2, GT Pro Spec must use the event Solaris 36J pre-mount tires.

∑ Shaded pit area, power, tables and chairs provided.

www.rugspingraphix.com will be at the event taking photos throughout the event weekend. He is a very talented photographer. He will be offering his photos of you, and your cars both on and off the track. Check out his website for additional info! Donít miss this last chance to get the best photos of your experience at the last Tamiya race event at Tamiya America Raceway!
finals
No front drive?
Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

GT-1:

GT-2:

M-Chassis

F-1:

GT Spec NOVICE:

GT Pro Spec
∑ Participants in this class may opt to enter a second class. Euro Truck or F-1, but not both.

Euro Truck
There's a lot of room for confusion there. GT Pro Spec explicitly states it can only be run in addition to Euro Truck or F-1, however there are a few classes (ie trip classes) that mention GT Pro Spec as a secondary class.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:10 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

No confusion. I edited it one last time. The same updated information is posted on our website. https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556
Old 06-18-2018, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No FWD? How awful. Guess mine will never get run then.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Does this mean checked that they are close, I.E. matched, or just verifying that they run? Big difference here, as the last few years were, shall I say, tainted with rule bending and "modifying" of a "spec" motor. The Tamiya 16T motors were all close, as they were matched so I'm hoping for the same.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rookie88 View Post
Does this mean checked that they are close, I.E. matched, or just verifying that they run? Big difference here, as the last few years were, shall I say, tainted with rule bending and "modifying" of a "spec" motor. The Tamiya 16T motors were all close, as they were matched so I'm hoping for the same.
You mini guys and motor tweaking. (ha, ha). Expect them to be like any big race today with hand out spec motors. They will probably be tested to make sure they are all very close to the same numbers and sealed to prevent racers from opening them and playing with them.

Panda
NutDriver likes this.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Mini.

Was curious, do they impound the motors after the practice or races? They did in some of the past races.

Mini, was mentioned that the tires would be bought and marked at the track, is this still happening?

Mini, will they be checking for aftermarket cluster gears? One of those regional pet peeves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.