Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Hi guys, I want to know when will the tqrc round of tcs take place? Also if I wanted to compete in the gt2 class, I have to use roar approved esc right? The tble02s is not allowed correct?
Also, how competitive gt2 is? I will be a first time racer with no experience in competitive racing but still want to take part in gt2 class with a tb03 bought from Bill at the tcs. Will there be b main and c main for the class? At last, do I need to get the dcj for the car? Bill has basically everything in the chassis except the dcj. Thanks
The TQ RC Racing TCS Race will be Sunday May 20th. The class does require ROAR approved esc, motor and battery. However, I doubt anyone will have a problem if you run the Tamiya TBLE-02S esc as it is a lower quality esc than most of the ROAR approved esc's people usually run. Just make sure reverse is disconnected. Can not use reverse in racing.

GT-2 at this race will be 21.5 motor and there will probably be an A and B main. Because of the smaller size of TQ track, they run 8 cars in the main's, not 10. There will probably be 5-6 really fast GT-2 drivers. The owner of the track Sean is a really nice guy. When you check in, just let him know you are new to racing and to make sure he puts you with the slower cars in qualifying.

As for the DCJ front axles, they will help you gain more steering. If you are a first time racer, gaining experience will help you go faster than adding the DCJ's but if you have a large budget and cost is not an issue, they will not hurt to have.

If you have not run carpet before, you should definitely go to TQ to practice a couple of times for the race. It is a bit different than running on asphalt. Because of this, some of the Tamiya regulars that run at Tamiya track all the time will not run the race at TQ.

Most of the people are pretty friendly at TQ so if you go to practice, do not hesitate to ask some of the racers for advice. You will want to run the Tamiya Type C carpet tire. I will be racing GT-1 and GT-2 at the TQ race. If you are at TQ practicing, just ask someone if "Panda" is there. They will point you to me and I will be happy to help on set-up suggestions. Hope to see you at the TQ TCS race. Good luck and have fun !

Panda
izzyracer and jneezie3000 like this.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The TQ RC Racing TCS Race will be Sunday May 20th. The class does require ROAR approved esc, motor and battery. However, I doubt anyone will have a problem if you run the Tamiya TBLE-02S esc as it is a lower quality esc than most of the ROAR approved esc's people usually run. Just make sure reverse is disconnected. Can not use reverse in racing.

GT-2 at this race will be 21.5 motor and there will probably be an A and B main. Because of the smaller size of TQ track, they run 8 cars in the main's, not 10. There will probably be 5-6 really fast GT-2 drivers. The owner of the track Sean is a really nice guy. When you check in, just let him know you are new to racing and to make sure he puts you with the slower cars in qualifying.

As for the DCJ front axles, they will help you gain more steering. If you are a first time racer, gaining experience will help you go faster than adding the DCJ's but if you have a large budget and cost is not an issue, they will not hurt to have.

If you have not run carpet before, you should definitely go to TQ to practice a couple of times for the race. It is a bit different than running on asphalt. Because of this, some of the Tamiya regulars that run at Tamiya track all the time will not run the race at TQ.

Most of the people are pretty friendly at TQ so if you go to practice, do not hesitate to ask some of the racers for advice. You will want to run the Tamiya Type C carpet tire. I will be racing GT-1 and GT-2 at the TQ race. If you are at TQ practicing, just ask someone if "Panda" is there. They will point you to me and I will be happy to help on set-up suggestions. Hope to see you at the TQ TCS race. Good luck and have fun !

Panda
Thank you so much sir. After the final week I will have to start practicing. Not aiming for getting into the A main or winning but at least I don't want to be 3 laps down to the next finishers. There'll be a lot of catch up to do for me as I can't get into high 14's range at tamiya usa track with a 417x...
Old 03-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Thank you so much sir. After the final week I will have to start practicing. Not aiming for getting into the A main or winning but at least I don't want to be 3 laps down to the next finishers. There'll be a lot of catch up to do for me as I can't get into high 14's range at tamiya usa track with a 417x...

I stopped by the Tamiya trackbthis weekend. I was able to hit lower 14ís on a green track with my 417x. I was told the track is fastest around 2pm. I left around 11:30. There was definitely some setup changes that couldíve help the car go faster. I just didnít have time to change anything
Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I stopped by the Tamiya trackbthis weekend. I was able to hit lower 14ís on a green track with my 417x. I was told the track is fastest around 2pm. I left around 11:30. There was definitely some setup changes that couldíve help the car go faster. I just didnít have time to change anything
Hi Juan, did you run a 13.5 motor?
Old 03-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeR
In 2 weeks will the Solaris tires be on sale at the track and marked for check in or is it just 'run the solaris ya brung'?
TQ is out of stock for Solaris 36j's Will there be a tire sale on saturday?
Old 03-19-2018, 10:49 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fx35rc
TQ is out of stock for Solaris 36j's Will there be a tire sale on saturday?
The Tamiya sales staff will have Solaris and Tamiya tires for sale on Sunday morning beginning at 7:30 am.
lbckevin and fx35rc like this.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:53 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

If you have not signed up for this weekend's race, please do so today. A letter will be emailed to the registered racers later this morning about event specifics.

I do want to let everyone know the race rules have been updated to address NEW minimum weights. It affects the GT-1, GT-2 and Euro Truck classes.
GT-1: 1375, GT-2: 1410, and Euro Truck: 1450

I have attached the updated rules to this post and they have been uploaded to our website as well.

FM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TCS 2018 Regional Rules V2.pdf (222.1 KB, 153 views)
Old 03-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMW
The Tamiya sales staff will have Solaris and Tamiya tires for sale on Sunday morning beginning at 7:30 am.
Thanks Fred
Old 03-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

If you have not signed up for this weekend's race, please do so today. A letter will be emailed to the registered racers later this morning about event specifics.

I do want to let everyone know the race rules have been updated to address NEW minimum weights. It affects the GT-1, GT-2 and Euro Truck classes.
GT-1: 1375, GT-2: 1410, and Euro Truck: 1450

I have attached the updated rules to this post and they have been uploaded to our website as well.

FM
Fred, is there any suggestion for adding weight to the chassis? Even my heavy TA06 is underweight for the GT2 regulation.... Thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Fred, is there any suggestion for adding weight to the chassis? Even my heavy TA06 is underweight for the GT2 regulation.... Thanks
Stick-on lead or steel weights work well. They usually come in sections so you can place them where they're needed.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Sir Fred, r u allowing 32ís too or just 36 and will they be both available on Sunday?
Old 03-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Series

Last edited by KAHUNA MD; 03-20-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone planning on going to the TCS race at Access Hobbies in Springfield, OH at the end of April?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Anyone planning on going to the TCS race at Access Hobbies in Springfield, OH at the end of April?
Yup, GT1, GT2 &/or Mini for me.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I'll be there
NutDriver likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.