Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I looked at the TFB website and it looks like they have moved to a new track. I guess Ill email Fernando, or se him at the ROAR nats and ask em about it. I was kinda hoping Florida or Alabama would get a TCS so I could make more than 1 event, but I agree I look forward to TCS more than about any other race.

Well I didn't hear about a mini class split...was that California news? Matter of fact I have not heard any new roumors...Id love to do F201 as well...gonna see the new calender, classes and decide. If F201's are still round...I will probably join ya...GT3 is fun, but I think Im ready to go faster!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TIRES - TIRES - TIRES

HEY,

If you lost a box of tires at TCS nationals, please PM me. Please include what tires they are, and what box they were in.

They were mixed up with the stuff on and under my table.

Sorry for the delay in posting this, I have been rather busy with stuff around here. (hell, I haven't even charged a pack since I was in cali)

I will mail them to you, just describe to me what was there.

Thanks
Kevin Michellich
Old 09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys
TIRES - TIRES - TIRES

HEY,

If you lost a box of tires at TCS nationals, please PM me. Please include what tires they are, and what box they were in.

They were mixed up with the stuff on and under my table.

Sorry for the delay in posting this, I have been rather busy with stuff around here. (hell, I haven't even charged a pack since I was in cali)

I will mail them to you, just describe to me what was there.

Thanks
Kevin Michellich

KEVIN...i think those were mine.. it has tamiya tires inside.. hmm lets see.. it has some B3s.. some As.. some tamiya rims.

glad you made it back safely.... how's everything in the land of indoor tracks? hopefully the 06 TCS schedule will be favorable and TAOB guys can pay you guys a visit up there
Old 09-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Holly cow, I guess I have missed a BUNCH of stuff. I didn't think there was any problem with the format at TCS. I do agree, I race alot better than I qualify. With the facilities I race at, the rules promote a clean pass, so it teaches you the correct way to pass someone. So my vote would be for a 4 of 6 rounds of heads upracing, to pic a winner. The way it was, ah, to get second in my second year in the series Man that was a long time ago:

I admit I was a little disapointed there were no shirts available, even for sale.

As for spec, the instructions from Tamiya America were that it was up to the race director to "weed out" the shoe in's. We did it, I thought thats what was being done across the rest of the country!!!

As for sponsored drivers. The rules as I understand them are to keep the "factory" drivers out of the series. If you are paid a salary, or paid bonuses, given FREE equipment or have travel expenses paid for then obviously YOU ARE SPONSORED!!! That should dissallow you from entering in this series. If you simply get a good deal from a Manufacturer, Warehouse, Supplier, Hobby shop; does that mean you are sponsored, I think not! I certainly have no idea who falls into the different levels of sponsorships, and its likely there are few who would no the details of anyones sponsorships other than the company, and driver involved. VERY HARD TO POLICE...

I have a hard time seeing mini going for a trip since its not run at worlds anymore, and its tough to come up with a class where there have been no new cars or devoping of parts in over a year. F1 has had its day, now its in the shade (er shape) of a 4wd slug (twice the motor, and not even close to the speed of the old car), but hey, its another way to pick a person to race at worlds, and represent the North American continent. The europeans I believe take the 1st and 2nd from each gt1, and gt2, so your really getting two great drivers and the first looser from each class sorry, couldn't resist.

Ok, I'll step down now
Kevin Michellich
Old 09-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
KEVIN...i think those were mine.. it has tamiya tires inside.. hmm lets see.. it has some B3s.. some As.. some tamiya rims.
No wonder you kept asking me for tires all weekend !

TAOB roadtrip to Seattle, sounds cool. I will remember to bring my sunglasses. To bad China Airlines doesn't fly to Seattle, I'm definetly racking up the mileage with them.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys
TIRES - TIRES - TIRES
Hey I think those were my tires.... hmm lets see.. it has some B3s.. some As.. some tamiya rims, some goodyear eagles and they were in a crate not a box.... you tricked us with that... sorry couldnt resist... the goodyears are really mine....

Looks like many of us miss the olden days of heads up racing.

I wonder what the next revolution Tamiya will start? Will they will goto a 2wd F1 or rebuild the loss of Mini with a 4wd one. That might simplify things a bit.

If they really wanted to be clever they could create a 2wd Mini F1 utilizing M03/M04 parts...... Ok I will go back to polishing my F102.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Note re-release of Type C chassis cars with prefinished bodies: Jag, Mercedes, etc. Foam tires. Possible 2006 class?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mazda 787 as well.
My question is are they going to re-release the bodies unfinished? That would be very cool.
As far as F1 goes the 201 is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Its not an easy car to figure out, but after you spend some time with it its not as big a deal as some make it out to be. With that car motor is key.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
Note re-release of Type C chassis cars with prefinished bodies: Jag, Mercedes, etc. Foam tires. Possible 2006 class?
Yup, foam tires only, and the F103 rear rims will not work so no rubber for these cars. Very few F102/F103 hop-ups to carry over to this chassis also. Could be a great "spec" type class. Oh yeah, and they look absolutely awesome to !

Hope they do come out with clear bodies also. Could get very confusing to have 5-6 palin silver mercedes all in one heat.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah they are limited in terms of hop ups, aluminum motor mount, graphite axle and front springs are about it.
I have an original Mercedes with all the above but it is virgin, built but never touched pavement.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Yeah they are limited in terms of hop ups, aluminum motor mount, graphite axle and front springs are about it.
I have an original Mercedes with all the above but it is virgin, built but never touched pavement.

Is the aluminum motor mount same as the F103 ? If so, I might have to use the one from my parked F103.

I have an original Mazda 787B still NIB. Just had to get it to match the poster on my office wall. Guess it comes from racing RX-2's and 3's for 10 years.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmm, a Group-C class would be fun to run. Just leave it box stock, and just wheel it!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Is the aluminum motor mount same as the F103 ? If so, I might have to use the one from my parked F103.

I have an original Mazda 787B still NIB. Just had to get it to match the poster on my office wall. Guess it comes from racing RX-2's and 3's for 10 years.
kevin... let me see your car on sat. id like to get one of these just to drive something different.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have several suggestions for Spec class:
*run TEU-101BK ESC only
*$15 battery price limit max 2 pieces
*bearings and oil shocks for options

My thinking is this: Most of TT01 kit cars and XB comes with TEU-101BKs that would somewhat eliminate people scrambling looking for an ESC to use for the race. The battery price limit idea came up because I think it will make the whole package more affordable for some new drivers and their parents to invest in this hobby. The less they spend the happier they'd be. Any more options other than those, they might as well create GT4!

If that's the case then GT3 drivers should at least be allowed to run Sport Tuned motors.

As far as tires how about this suggestion so nobody runs out of tires at TCS Championship: Run CS27 or RP30 during regional but Tamiya tires only at D day. Therefore the spirit of using Tamiya parts do not diminish yet it will be easier for regional people to keep track of the tires. Thus purchase of Tamiya tires is forbidden until xx amount of days prior of the TCS Championship registration and each driver is limited to x amount of pairs for the whole weekend and/or the purchase can be made at the track and the track only.

What do you think?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

I believe that any of the motor mounts will work, I know for sure that the early cast aluminum one works because that is what I have on my car. If I get a chance I will snap some pics and post them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.