Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-08-2017, 11:42 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

“For the remainder of the 2017 TCS regional races, Tamiya’s pre-mounted B3 tire (item 1015) does not have to be used for any of the GT classes. We are completely SOLD OUT. Instead, racers participating at the upcoming June 25th (NORCAL Hobbies), July 23rd (Access Hobbies and Galaxy Hobby) and August 6th (Brownies Hobbies @ Jackson RC Raceway) may use the un-mounted B3 tire (item 53705 RC 24mm Reinforced Tires-2pcs Type B3 Compound. You may use any Tamiya spoked wheel and any insert of your choosing. Of course, you may still use the pre-mounted tires if you still have them in your possession or have access to buying the remaining stock at your favorite hobby retailer.
For the TCS Finals we will announce a tire that must be used for the two-day event shortly for both the M-chassis class and GT classes.”
k_bojar, madjack and tobyzhang like this.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

M-07 on its first run.

https://www.facebook.com/TamiyaUSA/v...type=3&theater
Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

That mini looks awesome.
madjack and KA2AEV like this.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

“For the remainder of the 2017 TCS regional races, Tamiya’s pre-mounted B3 tire (item 1015) does not have to be used for any of the GT classes. We are completely SOLD OUT. Instead, racers participating at the upcoming June 25th (NORCAL Hobbies), July 23rd (Access Hobbies and Galaxy Hobby) and August 6th (Brownies Hobbies @ Jackson RC Raceway) may use the un-mounted B3 tire (item 53705 RC 24mm Reinforced Tires-2pcs Type B3 Compound. You may use any Tamiya spoked wheel and any insert of your choosing. Of course, you may still use the pre-mounted tires if you still have them in your possession or have access to buying the remaining stock at your favorite hobby retailer.
For the TCS Finals we will announce a tire that must be used for the two-day event shortly for both the M-chassis class and GT classes.”
Since pre-mounts aren't needed anymore - any suggestions for inserts for outside asphalt?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Since pre-mounts aren't needed anymore - any suggestions for inserts for outside asphalt?
Sweep blue light weight inserts always work good outdoors
k_bojar likes this.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
sweep 2507 aqua medium works with B3 for outdoor asphalt pretty well.

Last edited by tobyzhang; 06-23-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is it me, or is Garen Hagobian the biggest whiner in TCS? This guys shows up to Norcal TCS and continued to hound one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in RC racing especially locally. Basically called him a cheater and between him and his wife or whoever that lady that was complaining was, made a lowkey fun event not so fun. I don't care who he is, but please don't come back up to the Norcal event next season please.
Johnn27 likes this.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Is it me, or is Garen Hagobian the biggest whiner in TCS? This guys shows up to Norcal TCS and continued to hound one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in RC racing especially locally. Basically called him a cheater and between him and his wife or whoever that lady that was complaining was, made a lowkey fun event not so fun. I don't care who he is, but please don't come back up to the Norcal event next season please.
Wow, that' sad. Obviously I was not there and have no clue to what happened. One thing I love about racing RC is meeting nice people and having a nice day of racing.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

TCS has, and always will be one of my favorite "Regional/National" races to go to, mainly because of the people who race it. Seeing old friends and having great competition in a controlled environment is what's so great about the series.
It's too bad that someone would spoil a good event. If the complaint was founded, that's something you take up with race control QUIETLY. Not by putting someone on blast and making it awkward for everyone. As we all know, there's always that "one guy" that takes things too serious, and spreads his/her toxicity throughout a race.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fx35rc
Wow, that' sad. Obviously I was not there and have no clue to what happened. One thing I love about racing RC is meeting nice people and having a nice day of racing.
Exactly. So funny because the TCS series races we had before at the Hobbytown in Fremont{2004-2007 or so} had some of the best racing and high level out of town guys from Socal and other places like Washington state. We had FUN! Everyone wanted to win but the focus was on not only the racing but cementing friendships with out of towners. This guy was a polished turd as far as attitude goes.

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
TCS has, and always will be one of my favorite "Regional/National" races to go to, mainly because of the people who race it. Seeing old friends and having great competition in a controlled environment is what's so great about the series.
It's too bad that someone would spoil a good event. If the complaint was founded, that's something you take up with race control QUIETLY. Not by putting someone on blast and making it awkward for everyone. As we all know, there's always that "one guy" that takes things too serious, and spreads his/her toxicity throughout a race.
I agree with everything you just said 1000%

I hope you are reading this Fred. He is YOUR local. Brandon Kosloski was mother Teresa in comparison to this dude. Hi Brandon!
Johnn27 likes this.

Last edited by racenut123; 06-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
To bad somebody wasn't there to put him in his place. Ask nicely one time after that it won't be so nice . It's toy cars and about having fun. It seems a lot of people are taking it way to serious and need a reality check .
KA2AEV likes this.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just putting this out there, but publicly shaming someone by name isn't the best look either.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Just putting this out there, but publicly shaming someone by name isn't the best look either.
I appreciate your candor,I really do.....but if you know me, I don't care. I would not have said 1 word if I didn't think this guy stepped way over the line. Call it a overly sensitive sense of justice, but yelling at people, especially a kid needs to be addressed. Someone comes into my house, takes a dump on my coffee table, you best believe he is going to hear it. Cheers!
Johnn27 and fx35rc like this.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I appreciate your candor,I really do.....but if you know me, I don't care. I would not have said 1 word if I didn't think this guy stepped way over the line. Call it a overly sensitive sense of justice, but yelling at people, especially a kid needs to be addressed. Someone comes into my house, takes a dump on my coffee table, you best believe he is going to hear it. Cheers!
Never heard put quite like that before!! IMO the track owner should have been made aware of what was going on and he should have shown this poor excuse for a racer the door, head first.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Any word on Nats tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.