Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-13-2016, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
There is alot involved in hosting a TCS race. It is very hard for a Track to give away their building for a weekend and not charge for a race. In the end the host track loses money hosting a race.
#1 to be considered to host a race there is a minimum amount of Tamiya products that have to be ordered for the shop (this is a large sum of money to dish out).
For new tracks this is hard to do and then lose revenue by not charging anything for racing on the day of the race. If you have 60 people show up and 40 of them run multiple classes the Track loses $1800 right there. Tracks that have been hosting for awhile still lose money but not as significant as they have already ate the initial upfront costs.

And Tamiya racers need to be honest as well most do not support the track's shop because they already have stock piles of Tamiya parts they ordered on line. If the track was able to make money on the parts it would not be so bad but half the time they can't even get the necessary parts for a race weekend in time for the race because Tamiya is out of stock.

The whole thing is a double edge sword.

The TCS is a great way to get new blood into the hobby especially when you think how cheap some can start racing with a TT02 that comes with a motor and ESC (that also works with brushless motors).

I think Tamiya should develop a portable Parts shop for each host site. Put together an inventory of the most common parts that are needed for a race weekend. Ship it to the shop on consignment what ever the shop doesn't sell that weekend or adds to their inventory they ship it back to Tamiya to restock for the next event and bill the shop for the parts sold or kept for inventory. That would help the shops to lower their outlay for a TCS weekend and maybe sell a little bit more Tamiya parts and kits and make more money for them and Tamiya.

Sitting back with some popcorn and waiting.
I agree about the portable parts shop idea, I think it'd make it easier for some tracks to be willing to host an event, & I do think it'd be good to have a few more region locations on the schedule. For example, there is NOTHING in the central southern states, but there are places(like Banana RC Raceway in Richardson, TX) that would be prefect & could benefit from TCS events, but right now for those of us that far South, the closest event is at the Hobbyplex in Omaha(which I've done before, but that is still a LONG trip, would be nice if there were closer ones). And having a good selection of parts available onsite would encourage some tracks that don't already have an extensive Tamiya inventory to give it a try....
Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Nine races are on either coast, with one in Nevada?

I two mini's (M05&M06), and even compete in 1/12th with a RM01 (I do get a couple of weird looks with the RM01, but I am still learning and getting better.) I have been supporting and encouraging TCS for the past 22 consecutive years. I am proud to be a part of the "Blue Koolaid" family.
Carl,

Man Don't pick on Nevada, we finally have a decent in door track lol.

April 22nd will hopefully be my first TCS race.. Definitely will be running my M06 in M chassis (not too happy about the price of those pre-mounts ahem) will also have to borrow a Reedy 21.5.

I'm torn about GT1 vs GT2. My 419X is perfect for GT1 not sure about the 13.5.. Too much motor for 702. If it stays then I'll hop into GT2 with my XV01 or TT02S
Old 12-13-2016, 02:10 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Too bad we couldn't get a few more regionals in the Midwest. Just saying.

St Louis MO, Chicago IL, Oshkosh WI, Fort Wayne IN just to list a few that could have been available.
We really tried to get one in the Chicago area, but the track and shop we were hoping to host is too new. It's an awesome facility, but we both felt it would be best to test the waters first with a Tamiya sponsored Big Club race instead. The details of when, where, and what will be planned later.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
We really tried to get one in the Chicago area, but the track and shop we were hoping to host is too new. It's an awesome facility, but we both felt it would be best to test the waters first with a Tamiya sponsored Big Club race instead. The details of when, where, and what will be planned later.
Fred,
Thank you for at least coming up with the big club race compromise. Rob, Dave and I talked with them and and told them with a facility like they have, they would probably have the highest attended race like the old days at Trackside and Harbor. Being brand new and the amount they invested in this place I do understand their reluctance. It is hard to have any negative revenue for any weekend during the first 6 months to a year of operation. Hopefully they will see the amount of Tamiya support from us racers that they won't think twice about hosting in the future. The facility is incredible and is a great place to race at.
Looking forward to the race.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Carl,

Man Don't pick on Nevada, we finally have a decent in door track lol.

April 22nd will hopefully be my first TCS race.. Definitely will be running my M06 in M chassis (not too happy about the price of those pre-mounts ahem) will also have to borrow a Reedy 21.5.

I'm torn about GT1 vs GT2. My 419X is perfect for GT1 not sure about the 13.5.. Too much motor for 702. If it stays then I'll hop into GT2 with my XV01 or TT02S
I wasn't picking on Nevada. I was more just stating the fact that Nevada is not in the Midwest.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up RC Car World

I am excited to see an event at RC Car World in South Jersey! This is a great track and I cannot wait to race at this event !!!!! GT2!!!!!!TA07!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One of those years I want to try to make it to all the TCS race in one year.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
One of those years I want to try to make it to all the TCS race in one year.
Heck, I'd be delighted to be able to afford one or two per year right now(not Tamiya's fault, but mine, still looking for a decent job)....
Old 12-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Type C Rubber Tire Inserts ?

Running the type c tires on grey carpet what insert is being used ?
Hard / medium or a combination ?
Old 12-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Tamiya Raceway in Aliso Viejo

Just FYI, in case inquiring minds want to know, the Tamiya track will be closed on Christmas Eve Dec.24th Sat. due to family gatherings going on for most.
New Years eve Dec. 31 Sat., is tentative, I won't be able to open but I will find out this Saturday if other Tamiya volunteers maybe able to.

UP DATE:::::::: The track will be open on New Years Eve Dec. 31. There will be someone to open!!!

Thank you all for your support this year and hope to have a great racing season for 2017'.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Just my 2$
Max

Last edited by maxepower; 12-19-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:12 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

The Access Hobbies Race date has changed. April 16 is EASTER SUNDAY. The revised date is April 9.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
The Access Hobbies Race date has changed. April 16 is EASTER SUNDAY. The revised date is April 9.
Looks like I'll only be able to make the Omaha race. The Access Hobbies TCS race is the same weekend as the USVTA Scale Nationals, at Windy City RC.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Tamiya Raceway update!

Track will be open on New Years Eve, Saturday Dec. 31. There will be someone there to open the track!

Have a Happy New Year!
Max
Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Track will be open on New Years Eve, Saturday Dec. 31. There will be someone there to open the track!

Have a Happy New Year!
Max

Thanks for all you do Max!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Old 12-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower

Have a Happy New Year!
Max
Oh man...I was hoping the track will be open on Xmas eve. I planned to bring my boys to play...

Happy Holidays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.