Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM
  #20701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
CW22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
awesome!!. did it come pre-painted in the kit?

must have that body...
No we have to paint the body.
Let's get it rolling guys
CW22 is offline  
Old 06-23-2016, 04:25 PM
  #20702  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Open up center hole with drill = useless, well, even more useless
If we can find the right size string or plastic netting, we can go full scale look on tire barriers before the days of "safer barriers". Or just some small pieces of wood and some thin cable gives it that tied to a pallet look like Ling Beach used in the '80's and '90's.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 06-28-2016, 08:31 PM
  #20703  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Could use pepsi cans full of water for those nasty barrier spots. Why Pepsi, blue is blue, like the real ones. Safety First!
A-Ko is offline  
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 AM
  #20704  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Have a better idea

Zip tie them together, and use them as track barriers
Safety First !
hahaha, use them for barriers for the 12 hours

I think Fred is testing now to see which tire will become the replacement. I hope longevity takes priority in his evaluation
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 07-15-2016, 01:17 AM
  #20705  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

This August is my first time TCS racing in Tamiya track and I have 2 questions.

1. How many B3 tire set normally do I need to carry during the race day? I don't want to overly purchase that expensive tire set since Tamiyausa is considering to change the spec tire.

2. Is Raikiri GT body now legal for the TCS? I noticed that they are in stock now at TQ website.

Thank you for your answers...

Last edited by Jae Racer; 07-15-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Jae Racer is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 09:58 AM
  #20706  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jae Racer
This August is my first time TCS racing in Tamiya track and I have 2 questions.

1. How many B3 tire set normally do I need to carry during the race day? I don't want to overly purchase that expensive tire set since Tamiyausa is considering to change the spec tire.

2. Is Raikiri GT body now legal for the TCS? I noticed that they are in stock now at TQ website.

Thank you for your answers...
Depends on the class you want to run. Last year GT1 and GT2 are limited to at most three sets of tire to keep it fair for everyone. These tires do wear faster than most tires on the market and the feel changes pretty quickly when you start going past 4 runs in racing condition. Also trip winning class require you to buy tires at the event to maintain batch consistency so no need to buy right now. You should just buy a few sets for practice. For GT3 and FF I think two sets should be sufficient for the whole weekend.

Raikiri is not legal for TCS
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 12:00 PM
  #20707  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
.. to maintain batch consistency ..

some say batch... others say vintage
torg is offline  
Old 07-21-2016, 08:43 AM
  #20708  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Depends on the class you want to run. Last year GT1 and GT2 are limited to at most three sets of tire to keep it fair for everyone. These tires do wear faster than most tires on the market and the feel changes pretty quickly when you start going past 4 runs in racing condition. Also trip winning class require you to buy tires at the event to maintain batch consistency so no need to buy right now. You should just buy a few sets for practice. For GT3 and FF I think two sets should be sufficient for the whole weekend.

Raikiri is not legal for TCS
Thank you Toby. Your answer is very clear to understand.
Jae Racer is offline  
Old 07-21-2016, 04:38 PM
  #20709  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sign-ups and registration is now open to the TCS Finals. If you are planning to attend please sign up soon. Registration closes on August 15. It will help me better plan for the event the sooner everyone signs up.

Also, I want to offer up an incentive to sign up before August 1st. Everyone who signs up will be entered to win a LIMITED EDITION 40th Anniversary Porsche Kit!! You must be present at the Finals to collect the kit.

Hope to see you at the FINALS!!

FM
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-84431_01.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-84431_02.jpg  
FMW is offline  
Old 07-22-2016, 12:16 PM
  #20710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Very cool prize Fred. To think, Tamiya's first RC car was made 40 years ago. Wow !

For those registering for Nationals, remember you can only sign up for one "Trip Winning class". GT-3 and Novice spec fall under this same rule. FF and GT Spec are the only "second classes" you can enter at Nats. Some people have entered GT-1 and GT-2 like it is a regional.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 07-22-2016, 01:20 PM
  #20711  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

looking forward to another fun weekend of FF racing..
OSherman is offline  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:57 PM
  #20712  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Very cool prize Fred. To think, Tamiya's first RC car was made 40 years ago. Wow !

For those registering for Nationals, remember you can only sign up for one "Trip Winning class". GT-3 and Novice spec fall under this same rule. FF and GT Spec are the only "second classes" you can enter at Nats. Some people have entered GT-1 and GT-2 like it is a regional.

Panda
Thank you for the info. I have one question. If I run GT1 only for the regional, am I eligible to race GT1 only for the Nationals or I can change the class?
Jae Racer is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 PM
  #20713  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jae Racer
Thank you for the info. I have one question. If I run GT1 only for the regional, am I eligible to race GT1 only for the Nationals or I can change the class?
You can only run a National class that you "qualified" in by running a Regional in that class. If you ran GT-1 at a Regional and did not run GT-2, then you can only run GT-1.

Since I ran F1 and GT-1 only at both Regionals I entered this year and last year, I can only run one of those two classes at Nationals. Gee, wonder which one I am going to choose.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:48 PM
  #20714  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/SGV SoCal
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I'm going to run my GT2 car in GT1, since I ran both at regional
greenpea76 is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 08:11 AM
  #20715  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
MarkBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The "TCS Finals Drivers' Manual" on tamiyausa.com is from 2015. Is there going to be an update to this document? Are all rules and procedures the same in 2016 as they were in 2015?
MarkBrown is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.