Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CW22
Love it! Those were so cool back in the heyday of TC racing. Is that a Tamiya (or Yokomo, am I allowed to use that word in this thread?).
Old 06-23-2016, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

TweakRacer

Aside from fixed gear classes,,, Motor battery charging wars are much ado about nothing

Every car, driver, electronic package has a sweet spot, they can all be so close when tuned correctly, this takes time, practice, and patience

The RC industry thrives on these power wars, but truth is, occasionally, someone faster than you or I, will be beat by a better driver/tuner with older equipment

It's why I worry less about what others have, and spend more time working on my game

Anyone concerned about total equality in RC, will be on the outside looking in, for eternity
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

RedBullFiXX, agree with a lot of what you're thinking. A lot of good and valid points.

Battery wars comment was specific to Mini where it appears the racers can't gear tall enough, so there is a voltage/RPM chase (throughout the race, not just at the start).

Agreed that there will be no perfect equality and that every package has a sweet spot, but there appears to be enough racers that agree that there is a marked advantage for those willing and able to outspend others in the motor limited classes. This advantage, whether by buying and cherry picking the best of a bunch of motors, the latest and greatest batteries, and newest and most efficient ESC's... may or may not be able to be overcome by time, patience, and practice. If it can for some, that's awesome! But, more the better. Unfortunately, even in just this thread, there are others for whom such advantage cannot be overcome by grit.

If people weren't going to push the limits of these classes, then why the silver can "voodoo" in years past? Why people killing battery life by overcharging and charging at high current? Why bother to tech if we could all just be honest sportsmen? These bad apples ruin the class for everyone, by trying to be the best cheater (or biggest spender) rather than the best driver. The same ones who keep the power wars thriving for the profit of the industry, at the dismay to other racers.

While a real pro, with natural talent and time for practice, could beat the rest of us even with a power disadvantage... for the rest of us mortals, it would be nice to take power differences out of the equation. Then a better driver/tuner could win as he/she rightfully deserves, instead such occasional happenings being an exception.

I'm glad you have a great attitude and outlook on the hobby, and seem to just enjoy and have fun. Albeit, there is also a large contingent of fellow hobbyists who do feel that more fair, whatever that means to them, is part of being more fun.

Anyways, enough philosophy, I need to find an F1 to race next season and a hot 25.5!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Real Pro's run MOD.

The rest of us fillers, are just out there to play toy cars

Cheaters cheat, it's what they do, offer to help with tech, it is so much fun to catch them

Big wallet racers, generally lack talent, there is great satisfaction in beating them

Such a great hobby we have
Old 06-23-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

awesome!!. did it come pre-painted in the kit?

must have that body...
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks good Chris
Old 06-23-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
awesome!!. did it come pre-painted in the kit?

must have that body...
Run it in FF!!!
Old 06-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Nationals!

Originally Posted by OSherman
Bring out those FWD FF-cars for TamiyaNats... We have a new fast-guy on the scene.

had a lot of fun chasing him around the circuit during free-practice..

I would consider running FF as long as we don't have to run B3's.
The picture shows Solaris tires and I have plenty of those!
Orlando you need to ask Fred if that would be o.k. after all it is just an exhibition class!
Old 06-23-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maxepower
Orlando you need to ask Fred if that would be o.k. after all it is just an exhibition class!
+1
Old 06-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Nooooooooo Max! Got to use the B3's up this year so we can run REAL tires next year
Old 06-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Leester
Nooooooooo Max! Got to use the B3's up this year so we can run REAL tires next year
Tamiya should start giving the Premount B3's away to make this year's National's really "Free" to race if this is the final season for them. It would make them disappear faster

Just thinking out loud....
Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by greenpea76
Tamiya should start giving the Premount B3's away to make this year's National's really "Free" to race if this is the final season for them. It would make them disappear faster

Just thinking out loud....
Have a better idea

Zip tie them together, and use them as track barriers
Safety First !
Old 06-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Have a better idea

Zip tie them together, and use them as track barriers
Safety First !
That's how they do it in 1:1 racing anyways! But theft of these unused tires would be an issue! I wonder what's next after the B3.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Real Pro's run MOD.

The rest of us fillers, are just out there to play toy cars

Cheaters cheat, it's what they do, offer to help with tech, it is so much fun to catch them

Big wallet racers, generally lack talent, there is great satisfaction in beating them

Such a great hobby we have
Can't agree more! Makes me look forward to playing toy cars with such like minded racers. Hoping to meet you soon, at least by Finals.

Also, would love to volunteer for tech, and considering that I won't be running in August I would definitely have the time, just not familiar enough with the cars.

Such a great hobby we have, indeed
Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by greenpea76
That's how they do it in 1:1 racing anyways! But theft of these unused tires would be an issue! I wonder what's next after the B3.
Open up center hole with drill = useless, well, even more useless

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.