Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and this is part of the reason why i chime in so much.. to put the info out there, and to try and get everyone involved, more involved. (racers and organizers)

also to help shed some light on why some decisions are made and why some racers are frustrated.

dont shoot the messenger.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman

dont shoot the messenger.
Not at all.. I know all the info is super appreciated!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Not at all.. I know all the info is super appreciated!
+1
Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Let me clarify the Raikiri GT body issue once and for all.

Number one: At first we did not import this body or kit into the USA namely because of the limited appeal of a make believe design. Subsequently, we did bring in a few kits and bodies since the Tuning Haus Scale GT Series made the body legal. Unfortunately, I did not make it clear to the entire TCS community that the body does not fit into the “REAL REPLICA” philosophy of the Tamiya Championship Series.

Moving forward and simply put, the body is not legal (with the exception of the Novice class) for the TCS Series. It does not fit into the “licensed and real replica” Tamiya philosophy. However, I’m not a tyrant. Since I did not make this clear from the beginning, I will not be enforcing the ban of this body until the TCS Finals. There are only a few of these bodies that were sold in the USA. If you have one, feel free to try it at your regional race. I’m sure the Tuning Haus Scale GT Series participants would appreciate your feedback on the performance.

The TCS Rules will be updated to reflect the above clarification.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

In case no one got the RC CAR EVENTS email, I'm posting it here. I want to clarify some other things regarding this weekends TCS Regional race at Tamiya America.

Today I wanted to let you know about two things. The Tamiya track is NOT open during the week of the race. Some have assumed there will be open practice beginning on Friday. This is not the case. The track is closed. Official practice is Saturday, April 2nd from 9:00 am to 6:00pm.

Spec Reedy motor for Mini:
During the winter I shared there may be some sort of RPM rule for the M-chassis class for the regional race. After much thought, discussion with Reedy, and professional experience, I have decided this is not the best thing to do at this time. The purpose of the spec motor is to start everyone on the same page. Its other purpose is to make it easier for us to tech. RPM tests alone do not indicate the strengths and weaknesses of a motor. There are KV ratings, efficiency ratings etc. Your battery source and the efficiency of your drivetrain make the biggest difference! Your driving is another key factor, but you already know that.

The one make and model spec motor is something new we are trying for 2016. Real world data and observation needs to be collected in order to refine the rules in the future. Reedy will be helping us with this effort. Therefore, F-1 and Mini may time the motors up to the maximum 50 degree marking on the motor. We want everyone to race it out under this formula and we will collect data based on the real world performance we see on the track. Be prepared to let us know what make and model battery and ESC you’re using so we can collect further data.

Have a great day.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

does anyone have a setup for a M06 on asphalt with the TCS tires?

thinking about trying one out this summer and wanted to find a decent starting point
Old 03-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Let me clarify the Raikiri GT body issue once and for all.

Number one: At first we did not import this body or kit into the USA namely because of the limited appeal of a make believe design. Subsequently, we did bring in a few kits and bodies since the Tuning Haus Scale GT Series made the body legal. Unfortunately, I did not make it clear to the entire TCS community that the body does not fit into the “REAL REPLICA” philosophy of the Tamiya Championship Series.

Moving forward and simply put, the body is not legal (with the exception of the Novice class) for the TCS Series. It does not fit into the “licensed and real replica” Tamiya philosophy. However, I’m not a tyrant. Since I did not make this clear from the beginning, I will not be enforcing the ban of this body until the TCS Finals. There are only a few of these bodies that were sold in the USA. If you have one, feel free to try it at your regional race. I’m sure the Tuning Haus Scale GT Series participants would appreciate your feedback on the performance.

The TCS Rules will be updated to reflect the above clarification.
I ran the Raikiri GT body at two races. It performs similar to the BRZ in my opinion. 2005 NSX was still better over all, but we all know where that body stands. I would point out that its longer front over hang compared to the BRZ did hang up on a flapper in one of the mains, causing an untimely roll over. Ouch

Erik
Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
I ran the Raikiri GT body at two races. It performs similar to the BRZ in my opinion. 2005 NSX was still better over all, but we all know where that body stands. I would point out that its longer front over hang compared to the BRZ did hang up on a flapper in one of the mains, causing an untimely roll over. Ouch

Erik
Me thinks the driver caused the "untimely roll over"

I agree with you regarding the handling... very similar to the BRZ, but a little more neutral allowing for a bit more aggressive driving.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

dbl post
Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Leester;14471539]Me thinks the driver caused the "untimely roll over"

It's not the drivers fault. I saw the flapper reach out and flip/flap his car. #MeanFlapper
Old 03-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
does anyone have a setup for a M06 on asphalt with the TCS tires?

thinking about trying one out this summer and wanted to find a decent starting point
Send a note to EB Racer...
Old 03-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Send a note to EB Racer...
i did, but sadly got a very cryptic and defensive PM back about a vague setup - almost to the point like I was trying to steal his so that I could beat him..

oh well - guess I'll still keep looking since some people don't appear to like sharing (or forgetting, sharing makes everyone faster and racing better/closer)

Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Apologies for my suggestion.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Apologies for my suggestion.
no problems - no issues, was just hoping someone would be a little more willing to share something.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
no problems - no issues, was just hoping someone would be a little more willing to share something.
I've never run on asphalt or I would share.
I only run carpet, and my setup on my M06R is very close to the kit build instructions. I think the only thing that I've changed is another degree of negative camber in the rear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.