Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Old 03-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda1
That's funny I don't see anything on Tamiya's web site of being exhibition class?
On top of that I emailed Fred 3 weeks ago to ask him how many needed to make the class he said 5 we had 6 and ended up with 8 nothing was said about exhibition back then.
It's also blue on the web site meaning that it's a active class.
Dude, you need to get a life, shut up and quit bitching or just go away. Go whine and cry at your local race track promoter. We were able to get an F1 foam tire class at our local carpet track that hosts a TCS class before. Got 7 or 8 cars. No medals, no prizes, just a blast racing 200mm F1 cars on foam tires on carpet with my friends. THAT is what TCS racing is supposed to be about.

Try to show some class like F1larry who gets it and thanked the people (both the local track and Tamiya / Fred) who made the TCS race possible. People get tired of putting a lot of time and effort into putting on an event just to have some moron like you whine and cry about everything. It gets old...

Mad Jack - you got any popcorn left ?

Panda
Old 03-15-2016, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry we spent are money on car kits like the other classes and we should get the same
Respect as the other classes. I won't lower myself to name calling and tell other people
To shut up like you Kevin cbr.
Oh and to top it off we also had cars ready to race in mini and f1 and Tamiya
Changed the rule and now wanted us to spend 100.00 on some spec motor For each class.
Thanks have a nice day.

Last edited by honda1; 03-15-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

A similar thing happened last year with 1/12th scale. Sort of a shame, but look at it this way - the races were free and fun was had by all.

I think we need to thank TamiyaUSA as they continue to support such fun events and be gracious they have done so continuously since 1995. It is a very nice thing they do for the racers year after year

Erik
Old 03-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow
No prizes or awards for front wheel drive class, 8 cars in class. All the other classes Got bodys and car kits. Very disappointed.
So.....
Like why don't you call up Tamiya and complain,
Or wait,
Maybe start a thread telling eveyone else to call up and complain
while you sit back with a big spoon stiring the pot?
Old 03-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry we spent are money on car kits like the other classes and we should get the same
Respect as the other classes. I won't lower myself to name calling and tell other people
To shut up like you Kevin cbr.
Oh and to top it off we also had cars ready to race in mini and f1 and Tamiya
Changed the rule and now wanted us to spend 100.00 on some spec motor For each class.
Thanks have a nice day.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
A similar thing happened last year with 1/12th scale. Sort of a shame, but look at it this way - the races were free and fun was had by all.

I think we need to thank TamiyaUSA as they continue to support such fun events and be gracious they have done so continuously since 1995. It is a very nice thing they do for the racers year after year

Erik
I agree 100%...Tamiya puts on an awesome series. It's a highlight of our year to get ready for their events. There's nothing else RC wise like it.

I think Tamiya just needs to state the exhibition classes before the season starts. Then there is no confusion. We ran 1/12 the last couple years so I get it...but any Tamiya class is fantastic racing anymore. And that's what we race for right, and to get to hangout with our likeminded Tamiya fans...
Old 03-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Lightbulb

wow
No prizes or awards for front wheel drive class, 8 cars in class. All the other classes Got bodys and car kits. Very disappointed..
I feel it's an honor every time we get to race a TCS race, here in the USA, on Tamiyas' tab
Perhaps that's because I was there for the very 1st TCS race in 1995
I'm amazed Tamiya still supports this hobby, giving so much back to the racers
I can't think of another brand who does so much here ?

Sorry for your loss
Hopefully you'll recover and be able to get through these tough times...

Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-user6155_pic25064_1408488623.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

I

Last edited by honda1; 03-16-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

I have been thanking Tamiya like this!
From my experience
Trip classes ALWAYS get prizes
If that's what you're after

I race 1/12GT, and don't expect anything but great racing among my peers
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I feel it's an honor every time we get to race a TCS race, here in the USA, on Tamiyas' tab
Perhaps that's because I was there for the very 1st TCS race in 1995
I'm amazed Tamiya still supports this hobby, giving so much back to the racers
I can't think of another brand who does so much here ?

Sorry for your loss
Hopefully you'll recover and be able to get through these tough times...

that's the thing some people don't realize... even HPI, back when they did the HPI Challenges, didn't foot the entire bill. drivers still had to pay an entry fee, per class and got a body and only class winners got prizes

look today, the HPI challege is LONG gone, but yet the TCS series is still alive and well (granted, a lot less races - but still alive) and STILL FREE

i personally think people just need to realize what Tamiya offers us when they put on a race like this

and honda1 - you got a great collection of cars, but that just means you're a fan.. not necessarily supporting the company and series - but that's just me and i get a little defensive when i see compaints like that... its probably because I see past the awards and trophies - and realize what this does for the hobby, not what it does for the individual racers
Old 03-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i dont think there has ever been prizes for FF-class, as it has always been an exhibition class since the FF03 was introduced.. except maybe a few bodies at Nationals.. i race that class every year at both Regionals and Nationals because it is a very fun class.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
The GT Pro Spec class looks like that is going to be a great class a truly spec class that won't break the bank. Wish I could have put one together for this past weekend.
i'm glad to hear the Spec class turned out so good now you're really making me want to get a chassis together
Old 03-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

So all I am reading here it's great for some classes but for front wheel drive just
Get f@@k.
Keep on pissing on people I guess you can race your self.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler

Erik
Did we not have fun last year? Take a look at the size of the trophy in my left hand....now look at the smiles.

I didn't care if there was a medal or prize. I wished we could have run 1/12th this year. Learned a lot about 1/12th scale racing with that Tamiya car and would have liked to improve my driving skills. (I was only two laps behind Erik)

Thanks to The Track and all involved for hosting this FREE race.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_5350.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.