Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
i know we asked if we could use them on the M05 here in Aliso and that was 'shot down'...
So you can't use the "purpose made" brass weight but lead on the suspension is ok?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
I hope so - just ran FWD in TCS Omaha on carpet for the first time and had a blast - car was dialed.
I sign up for Fwd,looks like we need 5 cars to run a race at harbor. For tcs race
Old 02-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
So you can't use the "purpose made" brass weight but lead on the suspension is ok?

in Japan it was ok to do either/or for the M05

here in the North American TCS we cannot use that particular Brass Weight on the M05. we are however allowed to use lead weight to balance the car as we see fit.

...i'm going to leave this one alone now.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I didn't run Mini this year, but I don't see anything in the rules about not being able to run the M06R weights.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:18 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Was the FWD Class a class for the TCS in 2015? It's a class for this years TCS. That appears to be class where a driver could get in at a reasonable price and there's a variety of motor possibilities. My concern is if next year it won't be class, because I think that happened a few years. One year it was a class and the next year it wasn't. I had friends that bought the car and ran the TCS and then the following year it wasn't a separate class. Does anyone know about plans for the future?
Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

FWD has been a class for the last 4 years or so that i can remember. Its been so fun that you dont hear much 'bitchin' about it (except that one year we had to run Porsche bodies ) so it flies under the radar.

My FF03evo and FF04evo both have been outrun by the Plastic Fantastic regular FF03's.

I think i have it figured out this year..
Old 02-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kwkride
I didn't run Mini this year, but I don't see anything in the rules about not being able to run the M06R weights.
you will just have to trust me on this...

you may be able to run it on the M06R only. since thats the car it came with. its a no-go on any other platform..
Old 02-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I stated my disappointment earlier about the Spec motor decision, but I got over it as i'm not one to bail on anything for such a trivial reason.
Then I tried to get a motor. My distributor doesn't have them and they look to be out of stock pretty much everywhere. I realize I can probably go to eBay and get one, but at the end of the day, isn't TCS about supporting the hobby shops?
Again, I'm over the fact that we need to run a motor that is different than any other spec for F1, but shouldn't it be easily available through multiple channels?
Is Reedy aware that these are in high demand and short supply?
We are 2 weeks till the TCS regional at Harbor and I have no motors to run or sell. Trying to understand if there is a contingency plan if the motors are not on shore in time for the race.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

I dumped the mini because of the rule change and going to race Fwd where you can
Run car in kit form with silver can, or get spec tune motor, and if I have options of running
Brushless 21.5 any roar motor. My friends have done the same.
FF 03 / FF 04 the new mini class.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by honda1
I dumped the mini because of the rule change and going to race Fwd where you can
Run car in kit form with silver can, or get spec tune motor, and if I have options of running
Brushless 21.5 any roar motor. My friends have done the same.
FF 03 / FF 04 the new mini class.
Yes that's a great plan, and I am running GT1 as well, but F1 is my class of choice and always has been.. I shouldn't have to change classes because of motor availability or lack of.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Lord

It's not like Tamiya can control Reedy's motor production.

Look, let me explain the other side of the coin. As everyone knows, 17.5 is the ROAR selection for the spec motor class (I refuse to call it stock. Read my sig). Last week one of the hobby shops I go to put a picture on facebook of a motor they just got in stock. Trinity 24K gold 17.5 motor. His price, and he's a mail order shop? One Hundred and Fifty Dollars!!! Are you kidding me??? No amount of setup or practice is going to help if you're down on power to the other guys.

When Tamiya first announced any 21.5 for mini, someone I know and a supporter of mini went straight on to the internet and found the best 21.5 motor he could get. Spent a good amount of money on it too. He went to the next TCS race and proceeded to kick butt!

Sorry, but the single source spec motor is the way to go for these classes. It avoids the motor of the month club and keeps things less expensive in the end. Yes, there are some growing pains we have to go through, but in the end it will be worth it.

How long do you think it will be before Trinity makes a hundred and fifty dollar 21.5 motor?
Old 02-28-2016, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

How will you be tech inspection on spec motor? Just because it has a number engraved
On the rotor is that the only inspection? Will you do resistance test on stator?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jiml
It's not like Tamiya can control Reedy's motor production.

Look, let me explain the other side of the coin. As everyone knows, 17.5 is the ROAR selection for the spec motor class (I refuse to call it stock. Read my sig). Last week one of the hobby shops I go to put a picture on facebook of a motor they just got in stock. Trinity 24K gold 17.5 motor. His price, and he's a mail order shop? One Hundred and Fifty Dollars!!! Are you kidding me??? No amount of setup or practice is going to help if you're down on power to the other guys.

When Tamiya first announced any 21.5 for mini, someone I know and a supporter of mini went straight on to the internet and found the best 21.5 motor he could get. Spent a good amount of money on it too. He went to the next TCS race and proceeded to kick butt!

Sorry, but the single source spec motor is the way to go for these classes. It avoids the motor of the month club and keeps things less expensive in the end. Yes, there are some growing pains we have to go through, but in the end it will be worth it.

How long do you think it will be before Trinity makes a hundred and fifty dollar 21.5 motor?
As usual you are missing my point. I do not expect Tamiya to control Reedys motor production. Tamiya has a close enough relationship with Reedy that they could make sure that there was an ample supply of motors. I am already past the fact that we are running a specific motor. But for me to be able to run that motor, I need to be able to get that motor
Old 02-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda1
How will you be tech inspection on spec motor? Just because it has a number engraved
On the rotor is that the only inspection? Will you do resistance test on stator?
Yes they are doing resistance checks on the stator, atleast at the tracks we run at!

BTW did you ever call Tamiya?
Seems like you are dodging answering me !
Old 02-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
As usual you are missing my point. I do not expect Tamiya to control Reedys motor production. Tamiya has a close enough relationship with Reedy that they could make sure that there was an ample supply of motors. I am already past the fact that we are running a specific motor. But for me to be able to run that motor, I need to be able to get that motor
No, I didn't miss your point. Did you not read the growing pains comment?

Look, I get it, you don't like the rule change, and I understand why. A single source spec motor is the best compromise that Tamiya has come up with. I'm not 100% happy with it either, but it's better than the other options.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.