Glad Rod got it done!

Congrats to Rod and Roel.

How bout the O Show?

Anyone?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Rodzilla terrorizes Japan !

Congratulations to Rod Canare, 2015 Tamiya World Champion in GT class with is win in A1 and 2nd place finish in A2. You have now truly earned the nickname "Rodzilla". Japan will never be the same.

Congrats also to Roel Espina in GT and Orland Sherman in mini for representing the USA at this years Tamiya Worlds.

Panda
Old 11-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

awesome job, Rod!!

just a question - what's the bit with all the nimh batteries??
Old 11-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

orlando
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

rod
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

new TCS bodies
Old 11-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Tamiya Worlds GT heat 1
+ YouTube Video
Old 11-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Tamiya Worlds GT heat 2
+ YouTube Video
Old 11-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Rod, don't get me wrong, I love you like a brother, but you are one lucky son of a gun!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the congratulatory messages. It was quite the experience. I'd posted stuff earlier but my desktop has been down for the past few weeks and haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I've been busy with a little vacay in Hawaii and a trip to Japan
Old 11-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Thanks for the congratulatory messages. It was quite the experience. I'd posted stuff earlier but my desktop has been down for the past few weeks and haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I've been busy with a little vacay in Hawaii and a trip to Japan
You've had one hell of a year Champ!

A few Championships, kinda impressive.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

It has been a solid racing year indeed...couldn't win them all but I gave it the old college try

My brother and I have posted a bunch of stuff on Facebook but I understand that some don't use it. In any event, here is a copy/paste of one of my posts.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

In A1, 1st and 2nd were having an epic battle. I used a new battery (not enough cycles) and was way underpowered. I had no business being in that mix and just drove as hard as I could to keep in touch. On the third to last corner on the last lap, they had contact and someone rolled. The other driver waited and I snuck through.
Finishing order was 312.

For the next race, I needed to win again or come in second with the 2 car finishing first, amongst other scenarios

In A2, I kind of felt that 1st and 2nd had to be super aggressive with each other in order for them to have a chance at the overall win, so I played it safe and applied pressure when I could. Older batteries were way better and I could motor if I hit the sweeper right. Half way through the main, my radio slipped off the driver's stand and the car went nuts. Oops. It took a couple laps to get my radio repositioned and had to over drive a bit to catch up while 1st and 2nd really started going at it. When I got close enough to join the fray, my radio slipped and fell forward again. I ended up just holding it like normal people do for the rest of the race. At some point, the top two got into a tangle and I snuck past the second place car. For the last lap I over drove trying to catch first but there just wasn't enough time left. The moment after we crossed the line and checkered flag, I began looking for the car number of the A2 winner hoping to see a 2. The top three cars looked vaguely the same at speed with paint jobs mostly being white with orange and blue "noise" lol. When I found the car I could not believe it was number 2

Finishing order was 231.

Final results were:
3 car (me) 1-2
2 car 3-1
1 car 2-3
Old 11-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

It has been a solid racing year indeed...couldn't win them all but I gave it the old college try

My brother and I have posted a bunch of stuff on Facebook but I understand that some don't use it. In any event, here is a copy/paste of one of my posts.

In A1, 1st and 2nd were having an epic battle. I used a new battery (not enough cycles) and was way underpowered. I had no business being in that mix and just drove as hard as I could to keep in touch. On the third to last corner on the last lap, they had contact and someone rolled. The other driver waited and I snuck through.
Finishing order was 312.

For the next race, I needed to win again or come in second with the 2 car finishing first, amongst other scenarios

In A2, I kind of felt that 1st and 2nd had to be super aggressive with each other in order for them to have a chance at the overall win, so I played it safe and applied pressure when I could. Older batteries were way better and I could motor if I hit the sweeper right. Half way through the main, my radio slipped off the driver's stand and the car went nuts. Oops. It took a couple laps to get my radio repositioned and had to over drive a bit to catch up while 1st and 2nd really started going at it. When I got close enough to join the fray, my radio slipped and fell forward again. I ended up just holding it like normal people do for the rest of the race. At some point, the top two got into a tangle and I snuck past the second place car. For the last lap I over drove trying to catch first but there just wasn't enough time left. The moment after we crossed the line and checkered flag, I began looking for the car number of the A2 winner hoping to see a 2. The top three cars looked vaguely the same at speed with paint jobs mostly being white with orange and blue "noise" lol. When I found the car I could not believe it was number 2

Finishing order was 231.

Final results were:
3 car (me) 1-2
2 car 3-1
1 car 2-3
Congratulations to a very successful 2015 season!! I wish continue success in
2016!!
Old 11-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Rod, I hope you didn't take my first post as being critical. You are are a great race car driver and deserve all your accomplishments. Congratulations! But it doesn't hurt to be lucky sometimes...
Old 11-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Not at all, I agree. All things considered, I believe I was very lucky on a number occasions during our mains

Last edited by rtypec; 11-26-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Failing at words :)
Old 11-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

ôLuck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"
Old 11-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Finishing order was 312.

Finishing order was 231.

Final results were:
3 car (me) 1-2
2 car 3-1
1 car 2-3
how about some pics of the chassis you ran?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.